It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-27-2009   #1 (permalink)
awesmgod

Unhappy Munchkin Boy Needs Patient Loving Home

This is so hard to do. We have a little Munchkin that we can no longer keep. He is 3 yrs old. The reason we need to find a new home for him is he is VERY nervous. We bought him as a kitten and always loved on him. He is fine with our dog and other cat, but NOT kids. I will not let him go to a busy home. We are looking for a quiet home where he won't be on edge all the time. He is very nice to us, but as soon as company comes over he runs up to them and gets very mean. I spoke to a shelter that only puts down cats for a last resort. They told me they would be not want to place him for fear he would hurt someone. I cannot do that. I know he would be good in a calm home. I would even consider a trial period. I don't want him thrown around. If it doesn't work out, we would take him back. He uses his box faithfully, he is neutered and front declawed.
Please don't send me hate mail for this. We have tried every avenue and I cannot take a chance on him hurting someone. He is like family and this is very hard.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Easter 008.jpg (85.6 KB, 16 views)

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-28-2009   #2 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear about your situation,where is your location?There was someone on here not long ago looking for a Munchkin.xxxxx
Unread 05-28-2009   #3 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

Hi I just had a look,the members name is MPanova,they're in Texas.xxxxx
Unread 05-28-2009   #4 (permalink)
awesmgod

Sorry about that. We are in NW Indiana, near Chicago.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-28-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Hello ! Welcome to the forum.

I think I know why he's nervous. It must have something to do with the declawed fact (how a cat was traumatized by declawing, I also attach a link to the truth about aggression towards people and cat declawing) and it seems that you have a busy home too (with kids and people coming in and out), and this has caused your poor furry-baby even more stressful. I agree that you rehome him, but NEVER put him down, as you won't to your non-furry child, just because your child is a mean and nervous child, having the fact that your child also had trauma that caused him/her to get nervous (not his fault).

So please DON'T send him to the shelter... Finding him a quiet loving home will be best for him.

However, there is a vet in Taipei here who also has adopted a kitty like yours (very nervous from being declawed), the vet told me that it's human's fault to cause stress to the kitty, so he doesn't see any reason why we have to put him down (the kitty is victimized by declawing), he only puts down kitties when terminal incurable illness is involved. Whenever I visit the vet office, he will remind us NOT to annoy the kitty. I believe the vet is right, and he really respect God's given life of other creatures.

Aggression Towards Other Cats

Dr. Nicholas Dodman, author of The cat Who Cried for Help, and director of the Animal Behavior Clinic at Tufts University School of Veterinary Medicine has the following to say about the procedure: "Declawing fits the dictionary definition of mutilation to a tee. Words such as deform, disfigure, disjoint and dismember all apply to this surgeryEin veterinary medicine, the clinical procedure serves as a model of severe pain for the testing of analgesic drugs."

Declawing is actually multiple amputations comparable to the removal of human fingertips at the first knuckle. Sensory and motor nerves are cut, damaged, and destroyed. Recovery from the surgery is a slow and painful process. This procedure can hamper the sensations and enjoyment involved in walking, running, springing, climbing, and stretching.

While declawing is a popular and lucrative practice in the United States, it is not practiced in European countries. It is, in fact, against the law, in many countries including England, Germany, and Switzerland.

Without its #1 defense system many declawed cats resort to nipping or biting with very little warning. They often use oral means to express their insecurity and this may also result in destructive chewing problems.
Cats, like people, react differently to physical handicaps. Some appear to be unaffected and others become nervous and defensive. When a dramatic temperament or behavior change occurs, the cat owner often decides to take the cat to a pound or shelter or have it euthanized by a veterinarian.

Please keep us updated till you can find a loving home for your poor furry-baby. God be with you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 05-28-2009   #6 (permalink)
awesmgod

Irene, I COMPLETLEY agree with you!!! I keep telling everyone that is why he is this way. It is our fault. I was raised with dogs and he was our first cat. I was igorant and did not study up on this and now he is paying for it. I feel guilty all time. Putting him down is NOT an option for us. Our cats are family. That is why I am trying to find someone I can trust and have peace with. Thank you so much for your care and concern!!! God Bless.

Unread 05-29-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

I'm glad you honestly and humbly admit your fault (you're the second person who are honest and humble, while others tend to conceal their mistakes and deny the truth). I'm proud of you ! So, please when you know someone is considering getting his/her cat declawed, speak up boldly for the kitty, coz they need us to speak up against this cruel act on their behalf, they are simply unable to defend themselves... I believe you will.

Yeah, I think it takes a lot of patience for you to find him a suitable home, and it will also take a lot of patience for his new parents to help your kitty establish trust towards them, as I referred before, he's used to express his insecurity his way, and will only stop (no guarantee) if the new parents will invest their time and long-suffering efforts as well as unconditional love. I'm pleased when you mentioned in your first post that you don't want him to be thrown around. May God bless you and open a way for you and your kitty. (What's his name BTW ?)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 05-29-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Red face

Your boy is so beautiful! I wish I could adopt him...

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 05-31-2009   #9 (permalink)
britty3189

Hello dear. I'm originally from Chicago, and if I were still there I would be more than happy to adopt your baby. If only things were different

Unfortunately, I have had to relocate to North Carolina, and I don't know when I will be back in Chicago. However, I will ask around with some friends up there and see if anyone would be able to give him a proper home. If I find anyone I will get back to you.

I wish I could get him.

Unread 05-31-2009   #10 (permalink)
awesmgod

Thank you so much. As of now he is staying put until we find him a home where he can be relaxed. We did this and even if we didn't he is part of our family. It is so hard because we have a little one. She is just starting to want friends over. I am scared he will go after them. For being so little, he is bold! On the flip, I know he would be a good companion for someone. He is fine when it is just our family here. I wake up with him on me purring. But as soon as our home gets busy, which it does, he goes into his manic mode. Worst case senario we will just have to put him in a room alone when company is here. I just want him to be relaxed and happy. Thanks to everyone for being so kind!!

Tags
adopted , aggression , animal , baby , beautiful , behavior , biting , box , boy , calm , care , cat , cats , chewing , chicago , cut , defensive , dog , dogs , family , friends , happy , hey , home , hurt , kitten , kitties , kitty , love , loving , munchkin , nervous , new home , nice , person , problems , scared , shelter , stop , vet , wake

Sponsored Cat Links