It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-06-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

xxlilleebeecc is on a distinguished road
Default STATEN ISLANDERS, please read!

Hello everyone, I am new here and I just wanted to take a minute to introduce an idea I have.

My name is Lise, I am from Staten Island, New York. I have an extreme passion for cats and I am hopefully looking to find others here who share my passion. Both of my cats, Jack and Jill, were strays I captured when they were very young. Strays are the best! There are a lot of stray kittens and cats on Staten Island. I have the resources to trap them, but my problem is I live with an elderly grandmother whom is very time consuming for us seeing as she is disabled, as well as 2 other cats and 2 dogs. I would love to trap them all, but I need help finding places for them to stay AFTER they've been caught.

Is there anyone on Staten Island who would like to sort of "partner up" with me? I need to meet people who have a home that could take in maybe 1 or 2 stray kittens and help with a few expenses. I can certainly help with food and toys,etc, but after all, I am a broke college kid

I have a trap and experience in catching feral kittens. I know what happens to those cats when they are taken to a shelter, because I help out there. It isn't that they are a bad shelter, there is just absolutely no room for more cats and they are left with little choice. Staten Island needs more people who can offer a spot for even 1 little kitten so that they do not have to be destroyed just because they are a stray. Even if I could find one person who loves cats and could even take just one, it is still one more life off of the street. After we catch them, we can look around for people to take them ourselves. I certainly don't want to pawn off cats on people who don't want them! At least give them a shot. I need a real cat lover here, someone who understands it may take a little time to re home the cat, and will treat the kitten as a family member for the time they are there and not just as "doing a favor, when is this thing leaving?". I tend to capture kittens around 6-8 weeks old. They tend to warm up better to a home and also it shouldn't be as hard to find a kind person to take a young stray rather than an older one who is set in their ways.

This is just an idea I had, it is a passion I would love to be fulfill. Who knows, maybe if this catches on, this can be something more one day. So if anyone is interested and dedicated, or just wants to chat about this whole operation and how it should work, OR if you are even from Staten Island and are looking for a new stray kitten, let me know. People who rescue strays in my eyes are the most kind, selfless people. Thank you for taking the time to read this. I hope to hear from everyone, even those not in the area
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
catching , cats , dogs , elderly , eyes , family , feral , food , hey , home , jack , kittens , love , new york , paw , person , problem , rescue , shelter , strays , toys

Sponsored Cat Links