It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...




Featured Photos

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-09-2009   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
Cool Cat
 
PantherPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 185
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
PantherPride is on a distinguished road
Default

In 2004 in LA alone 85% of the cats put down in shelters were only kittens, I highly doubt 85% of all wild cats born die in kitten hood if they did we wouldn't be having 40 million feral cats in the us. Useally when they die they are recycled back into nature and not laced with PTS drugs. Because we live in a world where most predators, native or not are removed we have Abnormal prey populations in urban areas, I saw 7 squirrels in my yard,including an albino this winter.


If in a TNR program ferals can live up and over 2 or 3. saying all ferals are laced with parasites is like saying all wildlife is, its a balance,the same with tame cats some are luckier then others, if Parasites ran rampant, all wildlife would be dead, no its a balance depending on health, age, and food.


Pets can and do go into pet food, currently there's no law prohibiting it from happening in most areas of the US. Like de clawing it is very widespread. Think of it this way 3 to 4 million tame cats are put down each year, shelters ( which operate on donations) don't have money to burn them all and city health codes probably don't allow them to be buried, so renders come by and pay them to take the carcasses off their hands. These carcasses are recycled as meat meal or Meat and bone meal into oh say a can of purina or Friskies.

Go to Youtube and watch a video, What's REALLY in your pets FOOD?
PantherPride is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-09-2009   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
Supreme Cat Lover!
 
AK49BWL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 1,673
Thanks: 2
Thanked 66 Times in 59 Posts
My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road
Default

Oh yea, cuz youtube is the God given truth right? WRONG! If you live your life by videos on youtube, you're in for a nice scare cuz guess what.. Not everything on there is fact. Back your crap up with more than just youtube videos, and maybe more people will give half a damn what lies you spew out your filth-ridden mind.
__________________
Brandon - Global Moderator and Ultimate Cat Friend
AK49BWL is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-09-2009   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
Cool Cat
 
PantherPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 185
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
PantherPride is on a distinguished road
Default

I will admit SOME of the you tube videos are crap, don't get me wrong. I curtainly don't believe all thats on the discovery channel is actual factual either. You tube is basically a site where ANYTHING goes fiction an non-fiction are mixed together like a poorly run book sale. If the guys were fakes,then tell me, how did the dead dogs end up like that? Why was the film shaking? (maybe the guy was nervous he'd be caught) a lot of films are undercover so its entirely possible it was illegally made by someone in the garbage industry to outreach the public. It doesn't seem fake in the sense of how it seemed made, it seemed to me like someone was spying on something they shouldn't. How did the people catch such morbid detail if it was fake? It currently wasn't aired by any professional with money enough for special effects so its probably true. Only TV channels/corps like Disney or HBO have that kind of money AND those places promote the garbage pet food because it helps bisness, In the movie Good Boy by disney, in Old yeller, Disney knows they'd loose status/money in the work world if they revealed such facts.

David Attenbrough,a professional in animals, even stated at the end of his program on cats in NATURE on channel 2, on sundays that only 1 out of 3 kittens born finds a home, the others are sold to labs, put down or live wild. Out of the three fates I think wild is the best next to being in a happy forever home.

Its more then a make-believe thing, A book has even been Published on the matter, Foods Pets Die for by Ann N Martin. CNN/or fox news even aired her.

I currently have that book, its some very dark stuff.


I find your posts rude and insulting, my mind isn't fifth. I know it hurts our pride as humans that own and love cats but what I say is all to often ( but not always) true.

Last edited by PantherPride; 08-09-2009 at 05:22 PM.
PantherPride is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-09-2009   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
Supreme Cat Lover!
 
CamiDante's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: California
Posts: 573
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
CamiDante is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherPride View Post
Pets can and do go into pet food, currently there's no law prohibiting it from happening in most areas of the US. Like de clawing it is very widespread. Think of it this way 3 to 4 million tame cats are put down each year, shelters ( which operate on donations) don't have money to burn them all and city health codes probably don't allow them to be buried, so renders come by and pay them to take the carcasses off their hands. These carcasses are recycled as meat meal or Meat and bone meal into oh say a can of purina or Friskies.

Go to Youtube and watch a video, What's REALLY in your pets FOOD?
You do know that Youtube is a bunch of random stuff that random people post? If there was a video on Youtube telling everyone to jump off a bridge, it's the ultimate thrill, would you believe it? You probably would..stupid question! Next topic please!
__________________
Mama to 3 furkids, Cami, Dante & Lily.
CamiDante is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-09-2009   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
Supreme Cat Lover!
 
AK49BWL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 1,673
Thanks: 2
Thanked 66 Times in 59 Posts
My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherPride
I find your posts rude and insulting, my mind isn't fifth. I know it hurts our pride as humans that own and love cats but what I say is all to often ( but not always) true.
Ahahahaha, now the tables turn!! Funny, I recall several people saying the exact same thing about you...
__________________
Brandon - Global Moderator and Ultimate Cat Friend

Last edited by AK49BWL; 08-09-2009 at 05:08 PM.
AK49BWL is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-09-2009   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
Cool Cat
 
PantherPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 185
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
PantherPride is on a distinguished road
Default

Well along with that book, I think its true, I think someone was good and just and brave enough to risk his/her job to show it to the world.


I think your jumping to conclusions because of fake stuff thats mixed in with real things, that YOU don't want to know because it hurts your pride Is not proud or good at all to know when fluffy dies he'll get made into kibbles and bits

Yes they are idiots on there but I don't believe this is a example.
PantherPride is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-09-2009   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
Supreme Cat Lover!
 
KatrineA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Norway
Posts: 2,299
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene Jims View Post
I remember one time, I helped a friend of mine find a small room when her parents can not accept her cats at home. So she moved out into that small room with her two cats. And as a result, her two cats were so healthy and happy as a whole in that small room. They were also inseparable.
When things go wrong with your circumstance, I always believe what my friend told me, no matter how hard it is, as long as they can be together with her, it's always better than being separated (the two cats, cats and her). She firmly believed that, and it worked.

I hope you can consider this too -- as for your sister, I think Acer is right. I'm allergic too with asthma, have been talking medicine for years. I don't care about it as long as I can be with my furry babies.

Please keep us updated.
I should add something here as well. I live in a very tiny apartmen (as I've said in many other posts). It's 377 Sq. feet and I have a big cat. I also share the apartment with my bf and my kitty is not always allowed inside the bedroom, which gives her limited space. Still she is very happy just being with us. They don't actually need that much space to run around. I believe they can get enough exercise just running up and down and around a couch even! I make her do that as I run around with a feather wand, toy mouse in a string or laser.

If you think they need more exercise, then take them for walks! I do that, it works out fine and even if they don't like it. They will be fine staying inside a room. They'll adjust and feel safe with you.
__________________
Anastasia Beaverhausen, my Queen
KatrineA is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-09-2009   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
Cool Cat
 
PantherPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 185
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
PantherPride is on a distinguished road
Default

I hope everything works out


I'm sorry for sturing stuff up so much
PantherPride is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-10-2009   #19 (permalink)
Member
Kitten
 
AbstractDr3ams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Carbondale, Pa
Posts: 50
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
AbstractDr3ams is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to AbstractDr3ams
Default

Your right, your mind isnt filth. Your mind is filled with propaganda and false information. Misleading people due to your beliefs and shoving your unwanted and unasked for opinions about topics not even relevant to the original question is getting old. If you find people to be rude maybe it is because you are annoying everyone with your non stop rambling about cat food made of cats and declawing then maybe people would take you more seriously. Stick to the subject at hand, other wise people are stuck having to sift through your non sense to find the true posts that offer quality advice. I am sorry but its just too repetitive for me. I may not post a lot but I read and observe everything and its obvious you only want to talk about two things. Kitty cat food made of cats and declawing, oh wait three, and how wonderful the life of a feral is opposed to a healthy loving cat inside a family. I respect your views, I do..but you are forcing them at everyone in every single post and its totally radicalism.



Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherPride View Post
I will admit SOME of the you tube videos are crap, don't get me wrong. I curtainly don't believe all thats on the discovery channel is actual factual either. You tube is basically a site where ANYTHING goes fiction an non-fiction are mixed together like a poorly run book sale. If the guys were fakes,then tell me, how did the dead dogs end up like that? Why was the film shaking? (maybe the guy was nervous he'd be caught) a lot of films are undercover so its entirely possible it was illegally made by someone in the garbage industry to outreach the public. It doesn't seem fake in the sense of how it seemed made, it seemed to me like someone was spying on something they shouldn't. How did the people catch such morbid detail if it was fake? It currently wasn't aired by any professional with money enough for special effects so its probably true. Only TV channels/corps like Disney or HBO have that kind of money AND those places promote the garbage pet food because it helps bisness, In the movie Good Boy by disney, in Old yeller, Disney knows they'd loose status/money in the work world if they revealed such facts.

David Attenbrough,a professional in animals, even stated at the end of his program on cats in NATURE on channel 2, on sundays that only 1 out of 3 kittens born finds a home, the others are sold to labs, put down or live wild. Out of the three fates I think wild is the best next to being in a happy forever home.

Its more then a make-believe thing, A book has even been Published on the matter, Foods Pets Die for by Ann N Martin. CNN/or fox news even aired her.

I currently have that book, its some very dark stuff.


I find your posts rude and insulting, my mind isn't fifth. I know it hurts our pride as humans that own and love cats but what I say is all to often ( but not always) true.
AbstractDr3ams is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-10-2009   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
Supreme Cat Lover!
 
CamiDante's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: California
Posts: 573
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
CamiDante is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherPride View Post
Well along with that book, I think its true, I think someone was good and just and brave enough to risk his/her job to show it to the world.


I think your jumping to conclusions because of fake stuff thats mixed in with real things, that YOU don't want to know because it hurts your pride Is not proud or good at all to know when fluffy dies he'll get made into kibbles and bits

Yes they are idiots on there but I don't believe this is a example.
You know, I am seriously sick of your posts about cats and dogs being made into pet food! That is NOT true, and if you did a bit of research, you would know that.
I am not jumping to any conclusions, I think you are, since you believe EVERYTHING that is posted on Youtube! Give me a break here
If you post something, at least have the sense to back it up. Your posts are filled with bulls***.
__________________
Mama to 3 furkids, Cami, Dante & Lily.
CamiDante is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Closed Thread

Tags
affectionate , allergic , apartment , asthma , black , boy , care , cat lovers , cats , claws , clean , crying , diet , dogs , dry , dry food , eating , elderly , environment , exotic , facts , fast , female , feral , food , foster , found , free , friendly , health , heat , hey , home , house , indoor , informative , internet , laser , legal , mat , medical , needs home , new home , obesity , opinion , outdoor , person , pet , pet food , pills , problem , sad , sale , shelter , small , spayed , stories , type , upset , water , wild

Sponsored Cat Links


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Cat Forum Replies Last Post
Help needed - URGENTLY !! sue1966 Cat Advice 8 07-30-2009 07:28 PM
Hello from Virginia, temporarily luvscats09 Say Meow! 8 05-30-2009 01:17 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


Sitemap: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28