It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-18-2011   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

The FlyerFly is on a distinguished road
Default Beautiful 6 year old sisters need new home

Hi everyone...

I make my first post here with a heavy heart, as I need to find a new home for my two 7 year old cats, Suki and Janie. Suki is black and white, and Janie is a tabby. (I would love to post a nice pic, but my post count won't allow it. PM or email me if you'd like to see one.)

Our 2 year old boy has been having constant problems with ear infections, and we are now at the point where we have to assume that cat allergies are playing a part. He is going in for his second set of ear tubes, and we have done everything we can to try to keep the allergens to a minimum.

Just posting this is breaking my heart...they are the two best pets I've ever had. Both are friendly, affectionate, and very... well-behaved. Never had any issue with refusing to use the litter box, and they are not fussy-eaters. They are have been indoor their whole lives, and are declawed. Would VERY much prefer to keep them together, as they are sisters from the same litter. They are going to lose the only family they've ever known...I don't want them to lose each other as well.

Please let me know if you might be interested in taking them in. I am located in central PA, but would be willing to travel awhile to bring them to the right home. They are greatly loved in this house...making sure they have the same elsewhere is very important to me, and to my 5 year old daughter, who is going to be crushed..... :'(

Thanks in advance.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-18-2011   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Please don't advertise rehoming pets over the internet like this. Sickos read these appeals and take the cats and do unspeakable things to them.

Many children have ear problems whether there are pets in the house or not. I wish you would try harder to find a way to keep them home where they belong, but the safest way to do this is to turn them over to a reliable rescue where you know they will be fostered and rehomed properly and together.

I'm sorry I am not more sympathetic, but....I just think where there's a will there's a way, and it sounds like you are just guessing that your child is allergic.

I hope and pray a solution or loving home is found.

And here we go again: declawed cats (amputees) losing their home.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first

Last edited by acerlt; 02-18-2011 at 09:50 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-18-2011   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

okay. I apologize for being so mean. You're right I am being judgmental and unreasonable and hurtful.

I take these things too personally. I am so bonded to my cats and they to me, that it would devastate them to be separated from me or from one another. I've seen what kind of grieving a cat goes through when he loses a beloved companion. And to lose their home, their people and possible each other all at once, I can't help thinking what it would do to my own cats, and it makes me so angry and distressed I strike out.

I'm sorry I was so ugly. I just don't see how you can do it. I just can't understand.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 02-18-2011   #4 (permalink)
Newborn

The FlyerFly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerlt View Post
okay. I apologize for being so mean. You're right I am being judgmental and unreasonable and hurtful.

I take these things too personally. I am so bonded to my cats and they to me, that it would devastate them to be separated from me or from one another. I've seen what kind of grieving a cat goes through when he loses a beloved companion. And to lose their home, their people and possible each other all at once, I can't help thinking what it would do to my own cats, and it makes me so angry and distressed I strike out.

I'm sorry I was so ugly. I just don't see how you can do it. I just can't understand.
apology accepted. and i probably wouldnt have posted my last response had i seen this one beforehand.

just please...try to understand that this is destroying me. i love these two. they really are wonderful, and im going to miss them terribly. i need help finding them another good home like the one they have now, not judgments from those i ask for help from.
Unread 02-18-2011   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The FlyerFly View Post
apology accepted. and i probably wouldnt have posted my last response had i seen this one beforehand.

just please...try to understand that this is destroying me. i love these two. they really are wonderful, and im going to miss them terribly. i need help finding them another good home like the one they have now, not judgments from those i ask for help from.

It's okay, I didn't take offense. I understand it is devastating and I know I said hurtful things. I just don't understand how you can do it. I'm sorry I wasn't more help, I just can't get my mind around it.

please read this first

Last edited by acerlt; 02-18-2011 at 08:27 PM.
Unread 02-18-2011   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Go on line and find your local shelters and their pet- finder section. sometimes pet finder will list private pets and do the backround work for a small fee, I think.

Pet adoption: Want a dog or cat? Adopt a pet on Petfinder

click here and find the "animal shelter" section and search for local places by zip code

please read this first
Unread 02-18-2011   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

Do not believe we need to keep some of these posts.. Reconciliations have been made I see, so let's just try keeping things a little more civil in here, thanks ...
The Following User Says Thank You to AK49BWL For This Useful Post:

Tags
adult , affectionate , age , aggressive , allergic , allergies , attack , beautiful , black , box , boy , cat lovers , cats , children , cut , eyes , family , feral , found , friendly , funny , hey , home , house , indoor , internet , kitten , litter , litter box , love , lovers , loving , new home , nice , opinion , playing , problems , rescue , story , tabby , travel

Sponsored Cat Links