It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-06-2011   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Sad
kgm13 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Cat in need of good home!!! (Covina, CA area)

**Foster home found for Broken Sumo out in Texas! **

I'm moving away to Texas at the end of this month (March) and need to find my cat a wonderful, loving home before I go. I'll be staying with family out there who wont allow me to keep him.
It has been discussed with my mother that if we cannot find him a home soon, then we shall have to put him down -We would like to keep the ashes, as we have with another one of our cats. They are family to us... Unfortunately, this gives us just nine days...

He's about 4 years old, Tabby (DSH) and is fixed. He will be due soon for his shots but if someone is willing to take him in, I will pay for his shots to be updated!! I have so much stuff for him, all free along with him to a loving home. He loves to cuddle!

He's extremely affectionate, not shy, quite people friendly, but he does prefer to be the center of attention so possibly no other animals (cats, dogs unless outdoor only). He could potentially be territorial otherwise, due to past bullying.
He also needs to be on a special diet/food from the Vet. Most people don't know that cats can develop crystals in their urine, making it difficult and painful to urinate (mostly males I was told). This can also lead to blockages which can and will kill the animal if untreated! With proper supervision (monitor the clumps of litter when cleaning out the litter box) and a special diet, this can be prevented. This is the case with my kitty. We normally get the big bag for $50 dollars and it lasts us 4 months. Cheaper than some of the regular brands in stores!

(Below, should you wish to read more, will be some history on this little guy and why I would rather him go to a good home...)

Broken Sumo as I've dubbed him, was brought into Alosta Animal hospital where I worked, back in 2007 around Thanksgiving. Animal Control found him in the street, unable to walk. Assuming by his sweet demeanor that he had belonged to someone, he was brought in to hospital to be checked out and with hopes that his owners would come for him. During the duration of his stay, it was determined that he had sustained a break or fracture to his pelvic region earlier in life and which was not allowed to heal properly, leaving behind nerve damage which was the cause for the lack of strength in his hind legs. He was quite thin and unable to walk properly with his hind quarters -He would walk on the knuckles of his back feet/paws.Despite his injuries and being in a new and unfamiliar place, he remained docile and was very affectionate. He enjoyed attention and being pet, even while eating you could pet him and hear him purrr!

Sadly, a week had passed and no one had come to claim him nor called in about him. It was determined that he could not be adopted out because "no one would want a broken cat," so he was going to be euthanized. Many of us at the hospital did not want this to happen, but most could not take home another animal, but me... I got the okay at home and from the hospital, so right before Christmas, "Miracle Kitty of 2007" came home with me!

He has been with me since and it has been a wonderful experience. He's rehabilitated and able to walk properly (for the most part. He reminds me of a kangaroo!). Our bond has grown so much since and I love him very much!

For any other info or to claim him as your own, please contact me ASAP!

Last edited by kgm13; 03-10-2011 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Update 3/10/2011
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
adopted , affectionate , bullying , cat , cat in need , cats , christmas , cleaning , color , diet , dogs , eating , family , fixed , food , found , fracture , free , friendly , hey , home , kitty , litter , litter box , loving , moving , outdoor , pet , tabby , territorial , thanksgiving , urine , vet

Sponsored Cat Links