It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-15-2015   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

Morgan1989 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Kitty needs home in DFW

As my boyfriend, Alex, and I were leaving our apartment one day a little black kitty ran right up to him, meowing and purring. He is a huge animal lover, and bad things happen to sweet strays who trust humans so readily. So we decided to take her in. Unfortunately, we are both allergic, work often, and we live in an efficiency--very little room for us, much less an energetic young cat.

We have done our best to fit her into our life, and we love and care for her, but it's just not the right time for us to take on the responsibility of a furry little life. I can't stand the thought of giving her to a shelter, as I know that black cats are often adopted last, if at all. The thought of putting an ad for her on Craigslist, where someone might adopt her as a Christmas gift only to give her to a shelter when they get bored of the novelty of her is just as frustrating, so I thought I might try a forum like this one.

We call her October, she's all black with orange eyes, and probably about 7 months old. When she came to us she already knew how to use a litter box and a scratching post, so I think she was a pet until someone decided they didn't want her anymore. She's healthy as far as we can tell (we haven't been able to get her to a vet), no fleas, no ear mites, not spayed. We have a fish, but no other pets, so I'm not sure how she would get along with other animals, but as far as humans go she loves them all. My family always had cats when I was growing up and none of them have been as sweet as her. She loves to sit on the top of her cat tree, and she is crazy about feathered toys.

I want to be sure that she goes to a good home, and I hope someone here can help her out.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 12-15-2015   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Porbably the sooner you get her into a no kill shelter, the better her chances. While she's still young enough to be classed as a kitten. They will spay her and find the right home for her. It's lovely of you to have rescued this little innocent soul and to care about what happens to her. Contact the Pet Finder in your area to find local shelters and see what they can do for you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
adopted , allergic , animal , black cat , box , boyfriend , care , cat , cat adoptions , cats , christmas , dfw , family , fish , fleas , free , gift , healthy , hey , home , kitty , litter , litter box , meowing , pet , rescue , scratching , shelter , spayed , strays , toys , vet

Sponsored Cat Links