It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-17-2017   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

gcnocito is on a distinguished road
Unhappy My kitty baby needs help :(

I don't really know where to start, and I hate to have to ask like this but I'm desperate. My 12 year old blck cat Dameon was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma, a form of bone marrow cancer that's both very rare and aggressive in cats. Dameon has been my stabilty and foundation since I was 15 (27 now). I have PTSD and manic depression and he's always been there for me, he even sleeps with me at night like a teddy bear. He's been recieving chemotherapy and is doing incredibly well, but with the cost mouning and my inability to hold employment thanks to anxiety attacks, I have no idea what I'm going to do. Any help we can get would be greatly appreciated, even a $1 donation helps, and shares on social media would greatly help. I'm having so much trouble getting this campaign off the ground, I figured maybe reaching out to other cat lovers would help, thank you for taking the time to read this through to the end.

His godundme campaign page is:
Gofundme.com/ASecondChanceForDameon
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 06-19-2017   #2 (permalink)
Kitten

butterflyH is on a distinguished road

This is sad story, i'll be pray for your cat, that he's will be fine. I hope that his chemo will be continue. I will help you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to butterflyH For This Useful Post:
Unread 06-19-2017   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

Thank you, I really appreciate it, he means more than the world to me. He's scheduled for chemo again Wednesday, which we'll get to see his blood results and how he's progressing, hopefully it won't take too many more sessions, each is about $500 >_<. On Wednesday after his chemo I'll be posting an update to his gofundme if you(butterflyH) or anyone else is interested in hearing about his progression. Again thank you so much for keeping my baby in your prayers, it's very much appreciated <3.
Unread 06-20-2017   #4 (permalink)
Kitten

butterflyH is on a distinguished road

Looking forward to your post.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to butterflyH For This Useful Post:
Unread 06-21-2017   #5 (permalink)
Newborn

Default Update

So I posted an update to Dameon's campaign page:
gofundme.com/ASecondChanceForDameon

In essence, his numbers (importantly his globulins) are continuing to drop and we're getting much closer to our target number for 'clinical remission'. At this time we're going to be continuing his treatment every two weeks until his numbers reach the target and he's stabilized. He's doing great, he's even gained back some more weight, and he's spending more time moving around and trying to play with the other cats (and smack the dog up hahaha), so he definitely seems to be doing better and I couldn't be any happier .

If anyone reading this could share the campaign via social media it would be a great help.

And thank you again to butterflyH for your well-wishes and prayers, they're very much appreciated <3.
Unread 06-22-2017   #6 (permalink)
Kitten

Pete is on a distinguished road

I've only had my cats for a few years but it will kill me when any of them die.

I'll see what I an do when I get paid next month. However I'll need to send it right to the hospital though as I'm sure you can understand. Too many scheming people on the internet.

Last edited by Pete; 06-22-2017 at 07:35 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pete For This Useful Post:
Unread 06-22-2017   #7 (permalink)
Newborn

Thank you so much Pete. I completly understand, and I really do appreciate it so much. The contact info for the hospital is in the gofundme campaign, when you call contact billing and tell them it's for 'Dameon Nocito', the account is under my moms name (Deborah Nocito). I'll also add the total of your donation to the amount so far collected towards the campaign goal.

How old are your kitties? Loosing a kitty baby is hard, unfortunately our last kitty to pass was our Master Chief a few years ago and I still cry over it. Despite what people may think kitties are loving, sweet, intelligent animals, they just like to do their own thing hahahaha.

Again thank you for thinking of my kitty baby, it means a lot to me. <3
Unread 06-22-2017   #8 (permalink)
Kitten

Pete is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcnocito View Post
Thank you so much Pete. I completly understand, and I really do appreciate it so much.
You're very welcome. A friend of mine was there for me when my cat Bella needed some medical help so think of this as paying it forward.

Quote:
The contact info for the hospital is in the gofundme campaign, when you call contact billing and tell them it's for 'Dameon Nocito', the account is under my moms name (Deborah Nocito). I'll also add the total of your donation to the amount so far collected towards the campaign goal.
Okay. I'm not sure how much but I'll send something at least.

Quote:
How old are your kitties?
My kitty's photos are in the post entitled [b]Hello from, Pete, Bella, Fluffy and Scooter

Bella(Tortoiseshell cat) - Female, 3 years old
Fluffy(Long Hair Cat) - Pure back with gold eyes, Male, 1.5 years old
Scooter(Short Hair Cat) - Black and white with green eyes, Male, 1.5 years old - Fluffy's brother.

Quote:
Loosing a kitty baby is hard, unfortunately our last kitty to pass was our Master Chief a few years ago and I still cry over it. Despite what people may think kitties are loving, sweet, intelligent animals, they just like to do their own thing hahahaha.
I hear ya. All pets are hard to loose. I don't think that some of us ever really get over them. I had a brown standard female poodle named Gig growing up along with many cats and kittens. Now, even 30 years later, I still get misty thinking about Gigi. She was my best friend.

Quote:
Again thank you for thinking of my kitty baby, it means a lot to me. <3
You're very welcome. Someday perhaps you might be in a position in your life where you can pay it forward.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pete For This Useful Post:
Unread 06-23-2017   #9 (permalink)
Newborn

For whatever reason my reply isnt posting, so I'm adding this sentence so hopefully it'll stop telling me it's a duplicate post and actually post my reply >_<.

Okay, so I have no idea how to do the quote thing like you did, so this response will be in seperate paragraphs following the order of your message lol.

Mmm, karma makes the world go round hahahaha, thank you again though, it really does mean a lot to me that youd be willing to help and honestly, literally any amount helps, and i really appreciate it. Let me know if you need any other information.

I went and looked at your kitties, you have some beautiful, sweet kitties! I should do a similar post to show my babies. In total theres 8 kitties in my house. One (Tracie) was my grandpa's kitty. She lives upstairs because she doesnt get along with anyone. My other seven range in age from about 17 to my two youngest, Hansel and Gretel, who will be 2 in August. My partner rescued them (and a few of our other babies) from the tow yard he used to work at. Their mother died after he had fed her and went to a job, and came back to be told she was killed by a racoon. So I of course told him to bring them home immediately (we soon found out they were only 8 weeks old at the time), theyre two black kittens and theyre the sweetest thing in the world. Especially my Gretel, she's a snuzzlepuss who likes to sit on my shoulder and sleep both on and with me hahahaha. Can you tell I love my babies? I completely understand being homebound alone with kitty babies, (and I'm always talking to them as well, Gretel will 'cackle' back at me sometimes), so I'm glad you've found love and companionship with them .

It's true. Similarly I lost my scottish terrior Brenna when i was 9 or 10, and my mother let me be in the room she when she was put down (she was getting on in years and had I think liver problems), but she was my best friend growing up too. My parents had gotten her I think a year and a half before I was born. i can't lie, I still cry over loosing her. I had more of a connection with that dog than my own sister >_>.

I will. Once I can get my anxiety issues in check I'm hoping to go back to school and get a graduate degree in clinical mental health counseling. Honestly I'm the type who wants to help everyone, very idealistic I know, but I know what it's like to suffer through a lot of different things, and if I can do something to help, I'm very compelled to do so.

Anyway I'm tired so I'm sorry if this seems a bit rambly >_<. I hope you have a great day .
Unread 08-05-2017   #10 (permalink)
Newborn

So I wanted to post an update on here in case anyone is interested. Dameon went for chemo again this past Wednesday and his numbers are approaching the high end of normal!! In his paperwork it says 'solid partial remission', so I'm feeling so optimistic and happy it's hard to express. If you're interested in seeing his recent 'updates' you can read them on his gofundme page, the campaign name is 'A Second Chance For Dameon'.

Tags
#helpmykitty , #multiplemyeloma , adorable , aggressive , anxiety , art , baby , cat , cat lovers , cats , dog , great , hey , kitty , lovers , loving , needs help , night , prayers , rare , sad , social , social media , story , weight

Sponsored Cat Links