It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-08-2009   #1 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road
Default A tribute to Simba

I've only just come upon this wonderful site, and I'd like to post a tribute to Simba my beautuful boy who passed away last July.

Simba came to us in June 2007, along with his sister Pixie, both at 11 weeks old. They quickly became part of our home and brought us no end of laughter and love.

However one evening last July at 9.30 (it was still light) I found Simba at the side of our road unable to move but without a mark on him. We rushed him to the vets and began a waiting game. We had a glimmer of hope at midnight when the vet said he had started to stand on his front legs - but she warned us it could go either way. At 2.320am we had the terrible news that Simba had passed away - our only comfort was that he was in no pain at this point.

It was the most heartbreaking feeling I ever experienced and I cried for weeks on and off, (and even recently for him at Christmas) but to all of you that have lost one of your babies recently (and I have been reading your posts in tears), believe me, it does get easier - you do not forget them at all, you remember all the joy they brought you and they remain in a special place in your heart.

Simbster RIP 17/4/07 - 22/7/08

100_0847.jpg

100_0855.jpg

Simba.jpg
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-08-2009   #2 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Oh dear I am so sorry for your loss of such a beautiful little boy.It's so hard,it happened to my Floyd last June,he was knocked down right outside my gate.I'm Cheryl by the way,what is your name.How is little sis Pixie?xxxxx
Unread 01-08-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Hi Cheryl
I'm sorry to hear about Floyd as well, it's such a terrible shock isn't it. I'm Heidi, and I posted a hello on the Meow forum yesterday, when I found the site. Pixie is now thriving I'm pleased to say, she missed Simba terribly at first which made it even worse. But we now have a new baby called Sasha - I've posted pics of her and Pixie on my first post - so please have a look xx
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-08-2009   #4 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

Hello Heidi,yes I just replied to that post too.We must remember they had a good life with us.They leave massive pawprints on your heart.I still cry over Floyd too.xxxxx
Unread 01-08-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Hi Heidi,

I'm soooo sorry you lost this beautiful baby, my heart goes out with you!
He was adorable.
I feel so depressed when I see a thread like this but unfortunately things happen & the life continues. Don't forget he's waiting for you at the Bridge!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 01-08-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thank you Maya, appreciate it

Yes, he'll be waiting for me, along with Tippy and Ben, my previous babies who left me at 17 and 19 and a half

XXX
Unread 01-08-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Talking

You welcome Heidi,

Tippy & Ben lived long lives, you were very lucky!
My two kits over the Bridge lived 12 years only. The two passed from cancer. You can see them in my gallery.

Unread 01-09-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Yes Maya, I know I was very lucky with them - I thought they were indestructible!! I've now seen your gallery and all your kitties are sweethearts xxx
Unread 01-09-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Talking

thank you Heidi!

Unread 05-19-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

I've seen Simba's photos and was curious about what happened to him, then I found this post. I am so sorry for your loss Sounds like a nightmare to have to go through an experience like that. He was a gorgeous boy.

Tags
adorable , art , babies , baby , beautiful , boy , cat , cat lovers , cats , christmas , depressed , environment , eyes , found , friendly , friends , game , hey , holiday , home , house , indoor , joy , kitties , loss , lost , love , lovers , lucky , maine coon , meow , nice , night , outdoor , person , photos , play , tribute , wild

Sponsored Cat Links