It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-23-2009   #11 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

Hey, Britty I see you are into this stuff too. Have you been to crimelibrary.com? They have a lot of history and stories about serial killers, from the beginning of their childhood until the day they got caught or executed.
People who kill really are messed up. I even have problems killing bugs, haha

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-23-2009   #12 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Stressed
Ceri Cat is on a distinguished road

My interest in psychology and mental disease is more than satisfied with my life experience thanks, I've dated people with mental issues, and the father of my future step daughter is psychotic mostly due to his mother's treatment of him.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-23-2009   #13 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceri Cat View Post
My interest in psychology and mental disease is more than satisfied with my life experience thanks, I've dated people with mental issues, and the father of my future step daughter is psychotic mostly due to his mother's treatment of him.
Yes... we live in this cruel, crazy and sick world. Thank you for protecting your GF and her daughter. At least there is someone reaching out his helping hands.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-23-2009   #14 (permalink)
britty3189

Exactly Irene. Some people let out their anger/frustration on other people and animals, and that is also where a lot of domestic abuse and animal abuse comes from. People don't know how to let their anger out in a non destructive way, and so they hurt other things.

Especially in American society, many men are encouraged to not show their feelings, whether they are taught that by their parents or our idiotic media influences them into thinking so. It's not "macho" and such. It's quite sad that so many men are ashamed if someone sees them cry, or if they do get angry it's basically taught to them that it's OK to fight it out, rather than talk.

There is a surprisingly growth of young women that have started to fight here, rather than just do the normal woman thing of talking behind their backs or talking it out. Many more women are engaging in physical confrontations, so there's a trend starting in this country.

Oh boy. Sometimes I fear for the future of humanity.

Unread 05-23-2009   #15 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Yes Britty, I believe what you say about the trend is true, not only in western community, but everywhere. Men are not supposed to cry... not macho ... all sorts of silly belief. That really leads to more violence even sicko acts, like abuse and killings.
Especially as military wife, I believe your role beside your husband is very important. People need to be reeducated about the more healthy way to vent their feelings which is much less destructive. It's really surprising when you said even women are engaging in physical confrontations, as I believe, women should be more easier to talk /vent out their negative feelings, if they're allowed to (sometimes in many cases, they're not allowed, so they have to suppress their feelings too).
I also worry as you said you fear for our future. Reeducation is important, to bring up better awareness.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 05-23-2009   #16 (permalink)
britty3189

I didn't get out of high school too long ago, and we saw the trend in women fighting within my own school, too. I witnessed quite a few female fights when I was there, hair pulling and all.

I've always made sure to tell my husband that it's OK for him to open up to me. I'm not going to make fun of him if he cries or say's he's afraid or anything. Anything he needs to talk about, he can tell me, I don't care what it is. I would rather he get his feelings out in the open, rather than keep them hidden up. This will be especially important when he gets back home. It's important he knows that he doesn't have to deal with his problems alone.

Unread 05-23-2009   #17 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

What a wise wife.
Yes, being afraid is normal for anyone, male or female, children or adults. It's nothing wrong to admit your fear. That way, we will be able to really overcome fear !

Unread 05-23-2009   #18 (permalink)
britty3189

I just know how hard it can be for soldiers after they come home from the Middle East, and I don't want him to go through some of the problems others do. I know how hard it is to feel like you have no one to talk to about your feelings.

Unread 05-23-2009   #19 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by britty3189 View Post
I just know how hard it can be for soldiers after they come home from the Middle East, and I don't want him to go through some of the problems others do. I know how hard it is to feel like you have no one to talk to about your feelings.
Sorry dear, Afghanistan is far away from the Middle East. This country is located in Asia.

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 05-23-2009   #20 (permalink)
britty3189

Well, forgive me then for grouping Afghanistan into the Middle East. However, it is located right next to Iran, so the mistake is easy to make, especially since the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan are commonly referred to as in the Middle East by people here, considering Afghanistans proximity to those countries. Pakistan is commonly grouped into the Middle East also. So thanks to our current affairs within Asia, many people here group it into one lump term, Middle East.

Regardless, it's difficult for any soldier to come back from being deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan for a significant amount of time.

Tags
adopted , angry , animal , art , belly , boy , care , cat , cat lovers , cats , children , color , crazy , cut , eating , eyes , favorites , female , fight , fighting , fights , free , friends , fun , funny , game , girl , great , growth , healthy , hey , home , hurt , interesting , joy , lazy , love , lovers , mess , mistake , obama , opinion , personality , problems , sad , scary , sick , silly , small , smart , stories , story , travel , trend , turkey , upset , worry

Sponsored Cat Links