Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum

Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum (http://www.i-love-cats.com/forums/)
-   Cats Rainbow Bridge (http://www.i-love-cats.com/forums/cats-rainbow-bridge/)
-   -   Serial cat torture in South FL (http://www.i-love-cats.com/forums/cats-rainbow-bridge/53705-serial-cat-torture-south-fl.html)

krzekmaya 05-21-2009 12:05 PM

Serial cat torture in South FL

Everytime you think it can't get worse it does... this is unspeakable and reminds me of the extreme methods used to train terrorists. This is exactly what M. Atta did to his girlfiend's cat in NW FL - when she dumped him.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...,3693254.story

KatrineA 05-21-2009 12:39 PM

I almost vomited. Well, I hope they find him and skin HIM (?) alive :mad:

che 05-21-2009 12:53 PM

I feel so sick.Those poor defenseless cats.I hope they catch who did it and garrotte them!!!!!

CamiDante 05-21-2009 12:56 PM

That's horrible! If you hate cats, fine, but don't resort to this kind of violence against them!

Irene Jims 05-21-2009 02:41 PM

I can't believe it ! I feel so sick ... I even feel my stomach cramps ! :(
Eventually I heard the lady in the vid mentioned about serial human killings might starts with serial animal killings ?!?! :( I really wish that the authority is able to capture this sicko !

KatrineA 05-21-2009 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irene Jims (Post 84504)
Eventually I heard the lady in the vid mentioned about serial human killings might starts with serial animal killings ?!?! :( I really wish that the authority is able to capture this sicko !

Oh that's true! As a teenager I read A LOT about psychopats and serial killers. Most of them started out with torturing and killing animals, even as young kids.

I've always been a bit fascinated of serial killers. Not in a sick way though, just in a "I like to read about them" way. Maybe it made me feel less akward as a teenager, haha. I still like to watch documentaries about them and such. But I prefer to read about them not killing animals.

supersmithy 05-21-2009 05:33 PM

Oh god, when I saw this post I didn't want to read it but felt I had to - it makes me sick to my stomach that these people exist. I have also heard that serial killers "practise" on animals before they start on humans. It must be a genetic fault that makes them feel no compassion for any living creature, but I think they deserve the death penalty

Ceri Cat 05-21-2009 06:33 PM

The psychology of a psychopath is pretty twisted to begin with. But then a lot of mental disease has as a symptom "inability to differentiate right from wrong". Even kids suffering ADD/ADHD can be quite cruel to animals. My GF's daughter has a friend from school who tried to smother Susan, part of this admittedly is the fault of her parents not teaching her better, but some part of it is also her ADD.

As I mentioned in my introduction message my GF's cat Shrek was sliced and diced by her daughter's biological father after she got away from him. It's disgusting I know but it's all too common that pets suffer because of us, part of why I want my GF out of Brisbane and as far away from him as possible is because of his derangement.

And people wonder why humanity disgusts me.

britty3189 05-22-2009 09:52 PM

Ohh there are people out there who have horrible personality disorders, and they lack the ability to really feel empathy for people. They just can't feel normal emotions like we do, and so it enables them to commit atrocious acts.

The unfortunate thing about these people who have problems like Antisocial Personality disorder is that they are usually smart, and able to assimilate into society well. They learn to fake emotions, because they see that society doesn't look well upon people who laugh at an animal getting tortured, or person getting killed. They know they're not normal, and so they do a great job at acting normal, but in reality they don't understand right from wrong. They don't get why it's not OK to hurt someone or kill animals/people. They don't understand why people get upset over certain things. Ted Bundy is an excellent example of this. He worked his way into society VERY well, but he was a very, very messed up man that could not experience normal human emotions. He was charming, and funny, and learned how to get people to trust him immediately. If you've never heard of him, I suggest you do a little research. Quite a scary guy.

Another downside to personality disorders is that we currently don't really know a good way to treat them. There are really no medications that they know works, nor does therapy always work. Personality disorders are odd, and hard to classify. Some people don't really know if they should be considered mental illnesses, since it's really not like depression or schizophrenia, but merely a deviation from normal personalities. Just an extreme of normal humans personalities and emotions. If you want to know more about personality disorders, I recommend visiting
Personality disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know it's wikipedia and isn't necessarily accurate, but it does a pretty good job at explaining a lot of the things with personality disorders. Scary things they are. One of my uncles actually probably has a personality disorder.

And sorry, I love psychology and I like talking about it. Back on track now.

And yes, a lot of murderers started out torturing/killing animals as children. Many also had bad childhoods and were abused as children. People who kill are messed up.

People who abuse animals can rot for eternity in my opinion. This is sick, hopefully this person will be caught.

Irene Jims 05-23-2009 02:58 AM

I agree with Allan and you Brit, those psychopaths lack the ability to differentiate right from wrong (normal people not necessarily are all cat lovers who know that it’s NOT right to abuse a cat), and usually started as children. Like you're aware the person who intended to harm Susan, it's not entirely her fault, also partly her parents' fault.
I remember as a child, my parents used to tell me that it's NOT okay to hide your feelings. It IS okay to be upset, annoyed, disappointed, all sorts of negative feelings, you just name it. BUT we're taught to VENT in a healthy and proper way, the purpose is to solve the problem, not to create more problems by hurting others including yourself.
I found this kind of awareness is very important in this growing sick society.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL ! :)

KatrineA 05-23-2009 04:25 AM

Hey, Britty :) I see you are into this stuff too. Have you been to crimelibrary.com? They have a lot of history and stories about serial killers, from the beginning of their childhood until the day they got caught or executed.
People who kill really are messed up. I even have problems killing bugs, haha :p

Ceri Cat 05-23-2009 04:49 AM

My interest in psychology and mental disease is more than satisfied with my life experience thanks, I've dated people with mental issues, and the father of my future step daughter is psychotic mostly due to his mother's treatment of him.

Irene Jims 05-23-2009 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceri Cat (Post 84726)
My interest in psychology and mental disease is more than satisfied with my life experience thanks, I've dated people with mental issues, and the father of my future step daughter is psychotic mostly due to his mother's treatment of him.

Yes... we live in this cruel, crazy and sick world. Thank you for protecting your GF and her daughter. At least there is someone reaching out his helping hands. :)

britty3189 05-23-2009 10:05 AM

Exactly Irene. Some people let out their anger/frustration on other people and animals, and that is also where a lot of domestic abuse and animal abuse comes from. People don't know how to let their anger out in a non destructive way, and so they hurt other things.

Especially in American society, many men are encouraged to not show their feelings, whether they are taught that by their parents or our idiotic media influences them into thinking so. It's not "macho" and such. It's quite sad that so many men are ashamed if someone sees them cry, or if they do get angry it's basically taught to them that it's OK to fight it out, rather than talk.

There is a surprisingly growth of young women that have started to fight here, rather than just do the normal woman thing of talking behind their backs or talking it out. Many more women are engaging in physical confrontations, so there's a trend starting in this country.

Oh boy. Sometimes I fear for the future of humanity.

Irene Jims 05-23-2009 10:52 AM

Yes Britty, I believe what you say about the trend is true, not only in western community, but everywhere. Men are not supposed to cry... not macho ... all sorts of silly belief. That really leads to more violence even sicko acts, like abuse and killings.
Especially as military wife, I believe your role beside your husband is very important. People need to be reeducated about the more healthy way to vent their feelings which is much less destructive. It's really surprising when you said even women are engaging in physical confrontations, as I believe, women should be more easier to talk /vent out their negative feelings, if they're allowed to (sometimes in many cases, they're not allowed, so they have to suppress their feelings too).
I also worry as you said you fear for our future. Reeducation is important, to bring up better awareness.

britty3189 05-23-2009 10:56 AM

I didn't get out of high school too long ago, and we saw the trend in women fighting within my own school, too. I witnessed quite a few female fights when I was there, hair pulling and all.

I've always made sure to tell my husband that it's OK for him to open up to me. I'm not going to make fun of him if he cries or say's he's afraid or anything. Anything he needs to talk about, he can tell me, I don't care what it is. I would rather he get his feelings out in the open, rather than keep them hidden up. This will be especially important when he gets back home. It's important he knows that he doesn't have to deal with his problems alone.

Irene Jims 05-23-2009 11:34 AM

What a wise wife. :)
Yes, being afraid is normal for anyone, male or female, children or adults. It's nothing wrong to admit your fear. That way, we will be able to really overcome fear !

britty3189 05-23-2009 11:37 AM

I just know how hard it can be for soldiers after they come home from the Middle East, and I don't want him to go through some of the problems others do. I know how hard it is to feel like you have no one to talk to about your feelings.

krzekmaya 05-23-2009 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by britty3189 (Post 84793)
I just know how hard it can be for soldiers after they come home from the Middle East, and I don't want him to go through some of the problems others do. I know how hard it is to feel like you have no one to talk to about your feelings.

Sorry dear, Afghanistan is far away from the Middle East. This country is located in Asia. 8)

britty3189 05-23-2009 11:54 AM

Well, forgive me then for grouping Afghanistan into the Middle East. However, it is located right next to Iran, so the mistake is easy to make, especially since the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan are commonly referred to as in the Middle East by people here, considering Afghanistans proximity to those countries. Pakistan is commonly grouped into the Middle East also. So thanks to our current affairs within Asia, many people here group it into one lump term, Middle East.

Regardless, it's difficult for any soldier to come back from being deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan for a significant amount of time.

Irene Jims 05-23-2009 12:10 PM

True about the geographical location Maya.
Still it is too near to the problem region -- Mid. East region. Afghanistan is right next to Iran and Pakistan. One of the stan countries (besides the 5 stans - Kyrgystan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan ... ). The problem is, Iran is also an --an country if not stan country. And there's war going on there in that area, specifically in Afghanistan, it's the war against the Taliban (whenever I watch the news I was thinking about Britty). Just impossible to say whatever happened in that region has nothing to do with the Mid. East... :(

Irene Jims 05-23-2009 12:14 PM

Amazing, I just sent this post, and read Britty's post ... hope you understand now, this is true... hard to separate the country with the "problem" region. ;)

krzekmaya 05-23-2009 12:17 PM

I'm referring to the geographic location, Irene & NOT their struggles & wars. 8)

britty3189 05-23-2009 12:18 PM

I guess here in the US we just see things a bit differently. I would say a good majority of Americans wouldn't know that Afghanistan and Pakistan were not officially part of the Middle East.

Part of it is Bush and his terminology of the "Greater Middle East" which basically refers to Afghanistan and Pakistan. So, when most people here talk about the "Conflicts in the Middle East" they are talking about our affairs in both Afghanistan and Iraq.

Irene Jims 05-23-2009 12:31 PM

The terminology of the "Greater Middle East" is interesting though. So next time we can say that to reduce confussion :)

britty3189 05-23-2009 01:02 PM

Yes, I'm not sure why Bush and his administration created the term of The Greater Middle East, except maybe for ease of discussing our affairs within that world region. Plus, Bush was famous for creating terms of his own, whether those words were real words or not :roll:

I do know that it has been adopted by many people, and so this is why many feel that Afghanistan and Pakistan are part of the Middle East, rather than just classified as Asian countries.

Irene Jims 05-23-2009 01:08 PM

I think the terminology is created politically not geographically.
It's true that many conflicts in that region are Mid. East related, like more and more terrorists are sent from/to or trained in that "Asian" region (Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran). Or those countries are becoming more and more like terrorist base. Oh, I suddenly remember that Middle East region itself IS in Asia, NOT in Europe, or other continents. The terminology of Middle East itself already sounds political. And it has something to do with ancient mapping too... like Mesopotamia region, that would include Iraq & Iran too... and the 4 rivers ... that would include Europe too... This is really interesting !

Ceri Cat 05-23-2009 06:51 PM

Middle East is a geopolitical term rather than a geographical term truthfully.

Middle East
–noun 1. Also called Mideast. (loosely) the area from Libya E to Afghanistan, usually including Egypt, Sudan, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey, Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, and the other countries of the Arabian peninsula.
2. (formerly) the area including Iran, Afghanistan, India, Tibet, and Burma.

Related forms:
Middle Eastern, adjective, noun
Middle Easterner, noun
Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2009.

I'd point out a lot of people think of Russia as a European nation, however it's an Asian nation if you ever choose to look at a continental map. Barring a small fraction of it.

KatrineA 05-23-2009 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by britty3189 (Post 84823)
Plus, Bush was famous for creating terms of his own, whether those words were real words or not :roll:

"I am the decider" is one of my favorites.

britty3189 05-23-2009 07:32 PM

Oh I've met tons of people that believe Russia is a part of Europe. It's hard telling them that no, it's part of Asia, and then they don't believe you.

And I've got a lot of favorite Bushisms. It's so hard to choose just one! I am the decider is pretty amusing though.

KatrineA 05-23-2009 07:37 PM

Bushisms can keep me entertained all day long. I just don't get how it's possible to be this unarticulated and being a politician.

britty3189 05-23-2009 07:41 PM

It's called rigging an election. And people don't learn their lesson the first 4 years around :)

Bush and Obama...so many differences. Hopefully Obama will prove to be the right choice for our country and improve things here.

Oh and I can't help but hope he ends this crap soon and brings our troops home. It's great that they're trying to shorten deployments, but a year is a very, very long time to be away from home.

Unfortunately I do think we're going to be overseas for quite a while, sorting out all of this mess.

Oh well. Wishful thinking isn't that harmful.

Irene Jims 05-23-2009 10:53 PM

Same here, nobody believes me when I tried to correct them that "actually" Russia, as well as Turkey is not part of Europe (even some lands in Eastern Europe)-- but Asia. Hahaha !!
Oh yes, if we're referring to the ancient maps, it will be even more complicated ! ;)

Ceri Cat 05-24-2009 01:26 AM

One of the worst is explaining to people Australia is not the 52nd state of the USA.

Irene Jims 05-24-2009 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceri Cat (Post 84876)
One of the worst is explaining to people Australia is not the 52nd state of the USA.

Hahahaaaa !! :D:-D:D

Ceri Cat 05-24-2009 05:32 AM

Glad I can amuse you Irene. It's a pet peeve of a lot of Australian's being treated like we belong to America. It's probably part of why I have never had the "owner" mentality towards pets.

Irene Jims 05-24-2009 05:49 AM

My mind is very clear ... Your country belongs to Great Britain.. oops ! sorry, it is a member of ex. British colony - called Commonwealth ! My dad grew up in Melbourne till he's about 40 !

KatrineA 05-24-2009 06:10 AM

This has always been very clear to me, because I paid attention in elementary school :p Still some people say the most stupid things.
When I was 15, me and a friend discussed which states we'd travel to if we wanted to do a roundtrip around the U.S. She suddenly says "Oh! And we have to go to Australia!". She actually thought it was a state inside the U.S. I never got over that quote of hers. I was completely amused that anyone could think such thing! :shock:

Ceri Cat 05-24-2009 06:14 AM

Hmm did she happen to mention Guam as well? Or Japan?

KatrineA 05-24-2009 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceri Cat (Post 84905)
Hmm did she happen to mention Guam as well? Or Japan?

She wouldn't know what Guam is and she once mentioned that all Asian countries are the same. I bet she thinks Japan is a poor country, hehe. She also stated that all Asians look the same at one point. Which really had me angry at her for a while. My mother and bf are Asians, and I am then half Asian.