It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-28-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

luvscats09 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy New here, had to put my beloved kitty to sleep on Monday

I just found this forum.

I only had Mattea for about 4 years. She snuck into our basement as a ferral kitten. I tamed her and she has been such a blessing to me. Her favorite spot was to sleep on my chest. She was a beautiful calico with the prettiest blue green eyes.

About 2 weeks ago, she snuck outside and got bit, we think, by another cat on the top of her head. I took her to the vet last Monday when she started acting sick and discovered she had a large abcess, so we treated her and she was doing better until Sunday. Took her back in on Monday only to find out that the fever had returned with a vengeance and she was having neurological issues too. Vet thought it best to put her to sleep.

I'm so heart broken. Life is just not the same. My little lap buddy is no longer there at night. I don't think I have any more tears to cry. Words can't really express how special she was to me.

To those mourning the loss of a kitty, so sorry you are going through this pain too.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-28-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Arrow

Hi & welcome

I'm so very sorry for Mattea's loss. I understand you perfectly since I lost 3 of my furkids.
Now you need a new friend. Don't think right now but the best for you will be to adopt another one (maybe two brothers or two sisters) This will help a lot in the sad moment you are going through.
Do you have any Mattea's pic to share with us?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-28-2009   #3 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

I am so sorry for your loss of Mattea sweetheart.You are not alone,I lost my baby Harley in Feb.It is so sad I know,but Mattea is at Rainbow Bridge now,free from pain and playing with all our fluffy kids that we have lost.I am still hurting over Harley,but it does get easier love,I promise.Like Maya said before me,maybe think of taking in a kitten or two,in the future.It takes the sting out of all the pain you're going through.I'm Cheryl by the way,from South Wales.What is your location?Again,I am very sorry for your loss.xxxxx
Unread 05-28-2009   #4 (permalink)
Newborn

luvscats09 is on a distinguished road

I've been thinking about trying to find a ragdoll. I've done a lot of reading in the last 2 days and they sound so wonderful. I want a kitty that likes to be held or would sit in my lap and enjoy a good petting.

I will probably look in a month or so after we have moved and settled a bit ourselves. We are moving to Arkansas in July. Right now would probably stress a kitten too much.

We moved several times with Mattea. She actually like riding in the car.

Thanks for all the kind thoughts. It helps to talk to other people who love cats as much as I do. Hubby isn't much of a cat person, but he has been so sweet and as understanding as he can be about Mattea's death.

We are currently in Virginia about 2 hours south of DC

Last edited by luvscats09; 05-28-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Unread 05-28-2009   #5 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

Yes dear it really helps to talk about it,feel free any time to come and chat.Ragdolls are gorgeous.There is a breeder on here at the mo with litters for sale,the members name is Magical Ragdoll,they are in North Carolina.xxxxx
Unread 05-28-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

I'm so sorry to hear about Mattea, it's heartbreaking, especially when she was so young. I lost my Simba at a young age last year. Everyone here on the site understands how important our fur babies are to us, so please come and tell us more about your angel xx

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Unread 05-29-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Oh, it's really heartwrenching what happened to your girl, Mattea. Your husband and you are nice persons. Hope you can find another girl or boy soon after you moved to Arkansas or even before, you're right that moving places can be stressful for a cat, but who knows, maybe your newbie will be just like Mattea who enjoyed travelling in the car ?

Unread 07-09-2009   #8 (permalink)
Kitten

happyhippie is on a distinguished road

Sorry for your lost of your little kitty Mattea she my be gone form this world but she will away be in your heart and if you see a shape of a kitty in the corner of your eye that is mattea keeping an eye on you and your family.

take care

HappyHippie
Unread 07-10-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Busy
mj29 is on a distinguished road

I am so sorry for the loss of Mattea and I too recently lost my sweet boy Oscar only in December. I was devasted beyond words and thankfully have Zipper to help with the grief. She still pines for him every now and again. I am getting 2 new furbabies in 7 weeks who were born last Friday afternoon and one of them I chose has the same kind of markings that Oscar had and the other is like Zipper. They aren`t to replace Oscar but I have so much love for cats I wanted to have some newby`s again to watch grow up. I`d take all 5 that were born but we have a bylaw here that only lets us have 2.

M.J. Zipper Darby and Liam
A Cat's eyes are windows enabling us to see into another world. Irish legend

A cat has absolute emotional honesty. Human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not. Ernest Hemingway

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

R.I.P. sisters Sasha and Jasmine, Lucky, Mr.Sim, my sweet boy Oscar!

Tags
age , another cat , babies , baby , beautiful , boy , breeder , car , care , cat , cats , eye , eyes , family , fever , found , free , fur , girl , hey , kitten , kitty , loss , lost , love , mat , moving , newbie , nice , night , pet , playing , ragdoll , sad , sale , sick , sleep , stress , thoughts , vet

Sponsored Cat Links