It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-28-2009   #1 (permalink)
thinwhiteduke

Default My first and favorite feline friend, Pez...

...finally succumbed to cancer on May 1st at 11:30 a.m. I didn't have it in me to start a thread here sooner, but even now, it's not easy to do this.

I was with him until the very end. I had a feeling he wasn't going to get through the night of Apr. 30th, so I called work that night, leaving a message, letting them know I wouldn't be coming in the next day.

W/o getting into much detail because this is killing me right now, his final hours were spent w/ me on the couch...he was laying on my chest, feeling the warmth of my body, the beating of my heart, the sound of my voice. I couldn't have asked for a better situation to see my boy go and was SO fortunate that he didn't go through this alone.

"It's okay, baby, if you have to go, you can go...you don't have to wait for the dr. to arrive...it's okay"

I've never felt something so surreal and have it be so real at the same time. Sure enough, he passed away about 20 minutes prior to the dr. arriving to put him down. The way that it happened paralleled in many ways how my mom lost her battle w/ cancer, too. Watching his body rise and fall w/ every breath, hearing such sad expulsions of sounds coming from him, I eventually saw him go into a stretching motion with his body...

...and that was it. I held him close to my chest, got off the couch and walked around the apt. w/ him clutched to me, in a daze, waiting for the dr. to arrive to take him. I just couldn't let him go.

It's one of the hardest things I'll ever go through in my life; and since he was my first "official" cat as a pet owner (I had other cats in my life prior to him, but they weren't technically mine), it hurts that much more.

I have Cabisita (Cabi), my 9 y.o., and he has been SUCH a wonderful boy in all of this, but not only do I see him being that much more affectionate towards me, I feel badly for him as he has no one to be with while I'm at work during the day M-F. Theirs was a love/hate/love type of relationship, but I know he misses him. I'm just not ready to take on another kitten right now.

So, here are some pics of Pez during his prime and some when he started losing weight. He lasted longer than I or the vet thought he would after being diagnosed (6 months).

Thank you for reading, thank you ALL for your support and kind words during my confusion and fearing the unknown w/ this situation in my "Sick Cat" thread as well.

Pictures surely don't do the justice what this beautiful creature did for me, the happiness he gave me, the unconditional love for the 14 years he was with me.

Thank you, Pez, for being such a wonderful kitten and most beautiful cat I've had the chance of having in my life. You will never be forgotten.

And without further ado...

Well, it looks as if I'm limited to a certain # of images in each post, inc. emoticons, so I will continue on another post...

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-28-2009   #2 (permalink)
thinwhiteduke

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-28-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

That's incredibly sad, but I bet he spent his 14 years happy with you He was lucky have a good home where someone truly cared for him. He must have felt very safe passing away in your arms.

I will wait to see more photos of him
Unread 05-28-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

He is a handsome boy.

This post also managed to get me choked up
Unread 05-28-2009   #5 (permalink)
thinwhiteduke

Thank you very much KatrineA. Many of his other photos when he was 4-8 y.o. were taken from a non-digital camera, so I have the hardcopies, but am unable to scan and post them at the present time. These are from when he was about 10-11.

The photos I have of him within the last 4 months or so are too large to post here, so once I can figure out how to downsize them, I will post them. (They are unfortunately from a disposable camera that didn't take nearly as clear pics of the ones you see here, though)

I need to leave work now, but I will get back to this as soon as I can.

Unread 05-28-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thank you for sharing the photos you were able to share
If you get an account on photobucket.com, you'll be able to downsize them after you've uploaded them.

He seems very happy, content and safe on those photos, which reflects back on you as a good owner I am sure he had a great life!
Unread 05-28-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Your post has had me in tears, I know so well that feeling with my Ben, but the vet arrived before he passed, it was a special time

You and Pez were so lucky to have each other for 14 years, and although your heart is broken you will always have those treasured memories and in the time to come you will be able to remember all the good times you had together and he will always be with you until you meet him at the bridge.

Poor Cabi will most certainly miss him, but when you are ready it will be a good thing for both of you to get another kit for company.

I do hope that your sadness lessens soon, and would love to see some more pics of both Pez and Cabi xx

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Unread 05-28-2009   #8 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cheeky
Max24 is on a distinguished road

(((((Bob & Cabi))))

That was absolutely beautiful, and I know how hard this was for you. I felt you in every word and re-lived it with you.
I'm off to have a good cry, and I will speak with you soon my dear friend.

♥♥♥

And the Bridge Kids...♥♥♥Abbey, TC, Burger, Bella, Cali, Sarah, Hannah, DynahKathryn, Baybee and Puppy♥♥♥
Unread 05-28-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Hi Bob,

I'm so very sorry to hear this tragic news. I know how much you loved him & how much you miss him now.
I was almost sure he had cancer but I didn't want to tell you such a thing.
RIP sweet Pez , I'm already missing him.

God saw you getting tired,
a cure was not to be.
So he put his arms around you,
and whispered "Come to me."

With tearful eyes we watched you drift,
we watched you slip away.
We couldn't bear to lose you,
and couldn't ask you to stay.

A golden heart stopped beating,
shining eyes at rest.
God broke our hearts to prove to us,
that he only takes the best.

Pez

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)

Last edited by krzekmaya; 05-29-2009 at 05:31 PM.
Unread 05-29-2009   #10 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Oh Bob I am so very sorry for your loss of the beautiful Pez.I know you're in bits right at this moment,but please be strong for Cabi,he needs his Dad.I have tears streaming down my face,i'ts so tragic.Be strong Bob,Pez had a wonderful life with you,and he has left massive paw prints on your heart.As close as a whisker,and remembered with every heartbeat.xxxxx

Tags
affectionate , art , baby , bat , beautiful , boy , camera , cat , cats , digital camera , eye , eyes , fur , great , hey , home , image , infection , kitten , loss , lost , love , morning , night , paw , pet , photos , prayers , present , sad , sick , thoughts , type , vet , video , weight

Sponsored Cat Links