It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-06-2009   #1 (permalink)
harleyjane

Default Harley's time has come

Hey everyone. This is very sad, but I have Dr Reed, the vet, coming here at 3:30 p.m. on 7/7/09 to perform 'home euthanaisa' on my little boy.

So he still 'bonds with me' at night, purrs, talks to me, but this morn, I found lots Of blood -' skid marks' everywhere & see that he's attacking these tumors despite the collars. There is no collar that will prevent his attacks.

Irene you last said "with eating & litter box ok, no need to call the vet." Well this morn, I found a little pooh outside the litter box on the bathroom floor.

Accepted: I have done everything humanely & medically possible for Harley. He does not seem to be in pain. I can't stop these tumors growing on his butt/tail & now that he is doing that 'self mutaltion thing', depite the collars, I feel I have no choice. 7/7/09 will be 1 month since his last chemo, when this really turned bad, it's also Michael Jackson's day & somehow, that feels fitting for my little buddy, "King" named Harley.

I do have a friend whom will come just prior to Dr. Reed. I'm am
sick on/in the sense that I asked her to bring her camera. I have a photo of my dad, grandmother, & Mom in their coffins at viewing. I really don't care. This is my time with my Harley, & apart from his ashes, I WANT photos to remember him by. I have lots of photos pre & post cancer. The pre cancer photos are my love line.

I'm trying to be strong - what an oxyimoron - but we will have tonight to be together. Gosh, when you lose a person unexpecetely, you freak & go into a state. I know it's time to set Harley free, though he hasn't giving me 'the look.' His body language has told me it is time. I can't have him 'self mutalating!'

I cry so hard typing this, I do know it's best, for Harley. This is about 'him' not me.
When I scheduled this 'inhouse' appt 2 wks ago & Harley bounded back, of course I cancelled. Now, it just goes on & on & even though I do like us laying together, bonding, except getting up to find blood skid marks everywhere. That tells me he is not comfortable despite his actions.

What I don't accept is the fact that this is happening at all. There is no difference between the amount of love for a human cancer victum & a loved pet. Thanks, but I don't want to go there.

Love & purr hugs to you all. I do feel yours around us. God bless Harley's cotton socks!
harleyjane

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-06-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

I'm so sorry to see this. I have sent word to my Ootay Princess Bright Eyes, Bridge Angel as of May 6, 2009, to watch out for your beloved boy Harley tomorrow.

They can frolic together, free of sickness. It's the ones left behind who hurt, it's we who suffer with their passing.

Hugs.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-06-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Default Till we see you again, Harley !

Dear Jane,

I've been thinking of you and Harley for many many hours, even when I was in bed. I've been so worried about you, Jane. Hate the feeling that you have to face it all by yourself. But glad that you have a friend coming to be with you just prior to Dr. Reed.

The Great Warrior - King is ready now to be freed from all pain and suffereings. And as Acer has said,. soon he will be happy playing & frolicking with Princess Ootay, Cheryl's Harley, and all other Bridge's babies, and cuddling peacefully in God's loving arm. My kisses and hugs for the sweet King, Harley your forever baby !

I'm glad you are preparing for his decent memorial and all the tributes he deserves. He will be dearly missed by me and all of us here !
Please keep us posted with his tributes.

Most of all : YOU ARE THE BEST MOTHER TO HARLEY - MADE IN HEAVEN !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Irene Jims; 07-06-2009 at 10:55 PM.
Unread 07-06-2009   #4 (permalink)
harleyjane

Hi, so many thanks. It's so hard but it's not for me, it's for my Harley. So hard when he is still eating, purring & almost playing. But he is a smart kitty & wants to fake me out......
That said, it's crazy coz I just can't keep letting hisself self mutalate himself. His body language it telling me it's time. AAAAAARrrrrrrrrrrrrrUGGGGHHHHHH. how does this come to be??????????

God now has my Harley in hand. At 3:30pm, (MTS -USA), 7/7/09, my Harley will cross into the Bridge & party hard to Michael Jackson's music, as I used to do. God bless his 'little cotton socks!"
Look for 'Harley_Fred' in the cat photos forum. He's there with his little bed buddy Fred.
LOL to you all, from Harley & harleyjane

Unread 07-06-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

[SIZE="3"]REST IN PEACE, my forever friend, Harley !

God bless your 'little cotton socks!

You've lived your life to the fullest with your BEST MOMMY Jane ever !

ENJOY THE PARTY with all the cute angels !
[/SIZE]

Auntie Irene & my kits love you !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 07-06-2009   #6 (permalink)
harleyjane

Hi I beleive you have been gone but eveyone says your'e the Goddess of these cat forums. Thanks for your love for my Harley. It's so hard to do this, but I must. It's not fair to let him suffer with his self mutalation. That tells me just how miserable he is. My beautiful Harley is cool. SSSoooooo smart to trick me into his self mutalation. But, then again, how do you stop a cat from licking his wounds on his butt/tail? That's their nature. No collar works for my Harley. I'll send more photos of Harley pre cancer later. Just have got to get through this when Dr Reed comes. on 7/7/09 @ 3:30pm.
LOL harleyjane

Unread 07-06-2009   #7 (permalink)
harleyjane

Default Re: Harley

I'm just 4000 % beside myself with Harley... How strange that I fight him over not chewing on his tumors........... Gosh, this is to weird for me. One minute he's loving ME & the next he's self mutalating. I guess we both know it's time.
We don't have mossies where I live in New Mexico, so Malaria isn't a Q, nor 'dengue fever', etc, but he is just not right/uncomfortable.

I really can't say any more. Harley is Harley. Just pls pray for me to be strong tomorrow, when the time comes.; this is ssooooo hard.

acer, your princess Ootay, etc., pls send more info. I also know a Princess Ootay, from Taos, NM. (?)

Harley has now splayed out across my keyboard. Gonna take & love him.
LOL harleyjane

Unread 07-07-2009   #8 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Oh Jane darling,I have a lump in my throat and I am in tears as I type,can hardly see the screen.
My Harley will be waiting for your Harley too sweetie.
I am soo soo sorry,love.
Hugs and purrs,me and my fluffy kids.xxxxx
Unread 07-07-2009   #9 (permalink)
harleyjane

Many thanks Che. It sucks, what else are we to do? Yes, your beloved Harley & my loved Harley will meet soon, hope they like each other.........

Unread 07-07-2009   #10 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjane View Post
Many thanks Che. It sucks, what else are we to do? Yes, your beloved Harley & my loved Harley will meet soon, hope they like each other.........
Of course they will Jane.I know it's so hard love,there is nothing we can do.
So glad you have a friend to be with you at this very sad time.
Remember we will all be thinking of you and Harley on here.

Tags
attacking , baby , beautiful , box , boy , camera , care , cat , cat photos , chewing , collar , color , cool , crazy , eating , eyes , fever , fight , found , free , great , hey , home , house , hurt , kitty , licking , litter , litter box , lost , love , loving , night , person , pet , photos , play , playing , sad , senior , sick , sickness , smart , stop , type , vet

Sponsored Cat Links