It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-09-2009   #1 (permalink)
harleyjane

Default Harley is partying now with your loved ones

Hey, this has been the most awful 30 +/- hrs I've ever had. The home euthansia was very peaceful, despite the fact that Harley figured something was up & at the very last moment, decided to give me something more to remember him by - he sort of shreaded my right inner arm. Go figure.

Anyway, I guess I'm in another point of numbness & feel the need to share.

Dr Reed was great. My friend was great. Harley, for the most part was great. I just have never gone through this before.

We removed his 'collars' about 45 min before & he was such a happy camper He even gave me a look like asking me "Mom, are you sure?" Priceless.

Dr Reed & I discussed the ins & out, where, etc., & the sedation injection happened with Harley laying on my lap on the couch. Bless his cotton socks coz he didn't like that, where prior to Dr Reed bringing out the syringe, Harley was fine.

Anyway on the 2nd try, Dr Reed was able to inject - that's when Harley decided he would leave me with his back claw marks all down my right inner arm. That's ok.
Harley went to my bed to his T shirt & just curled up as they do with front paws tucked under their chest, he looked at me & THAT was finally when "the look" came. I will never forget that look!!

I really don't know how I got through the next 30 odd minutes but I, we did.

Dr Reed shaved a bit off Harley's leg to insert the catherter, all while Harley was laying in my lap. We all sat there for maybe 4 minutes - could have 3000 for all I knew - Dr Reed asked if I was ready - gosh I thought it was already done.

So my beautiful little Harley boy & I hugged, me watching his diaphram moving up & down, slowly, peacefully & then I told Dr Reed, it was ok to set my boy free.

The solution injected into the catheter is 'hot pink' as to not get it mixed up with anything else. We all sat there about 4 more minutes, my friend passing around the tissue box & me just holding my boy. Very sureal. Very sad, but very peaceful. When Dr Reed took his stehascope & checked Harley's heart & said "He is now at peace", yeah, I lost it. Despite everything, my now deceased Harley is laying in my lap. What have I done?

Those thoughts only lasted a few moments cos Dr reed was able to really check out Harley's tumors on top of the tail & the 'gonad tumors' below the tail. No need to go into what Dr Reed said/suggested, but somewhere, in my core body, I know I did the right thing at the right moment for my Harley.

They will call next week for me to pick up Harley's ashes.

I have cleaned his food bowls & feeding station & put those away as well as his cat nip dish. Some how, I just can't seem to clean his litter box. After we took off his collars, he ate treats from my hand, went to his wet food bowl & ate, then went to his box. I haven't touched it cos it was like 30 minutes before he passed. Why?, I don't know, but you know why I just can't clean his litter box. No stinkies, just my Harley being his normal self - sans collars - scratching around in his box for the last time.

Yes, I know my Harley is at peace now, there with all your babies showing him the way, heck in fact, I know he is also sitting on my Mom's lap.

I had said a few weeks ago that I wanted to get away when this was over. I'd perfer a hot/sunny/beach somewhere but am going up into New Mexico's high mnts to a friends ranch for the weekend. Lot's of fresh air, wilderness & just time to start healing.

Thank you all for your love, prayers & support to me during such a very difficult time. Not only do I thank you, but my Harley thanks you as well - for helping to take care of his meowmy since he is now having a blast on the bridge, safe, no more cancer, doesn't care about a thing except to feel free again, chase those butterflies, ? maybe chase that birdie........? But he also knows he left me in comforting hands with all of you.

All my love to you & yours. It took me awhile before I could type. I am the person when someone else huggs, comforts, speaks such kind & loving words.........I just totally lose it!!

I pray for your peace having lost a kitty. I pray for MY peace having lost my Harley.
Bless you all, harleyjane

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-09-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Hi Harleyjane, this is the first time I call you by this name !
I know I'm not supposed to cry like this -- but I just can't hold it -- it's so real -- like I'm there with you and Harley (and Dr. Reed & your friend).
Like I was watching Harley too to go on his last journey on this cruel world to a peaceful place - leaving all cruelty, sickness, tumor, gonad tumor, blood stains, pains, everything ! I still can feel him watching you from the bridge while he is now sooooo happy to begin his new pain free journey. He now can run free to chase the birdies he always likes, with butterflies bonuses.

As for you, feel free too to enjoy the fresh air in the wilderness. Just remember to come back with updated good news. I'll be here always.

REST IN PEACE little warrior, Harley ! You are the sweetest kitty I've ever known - thanks for those lovely nights kneading with your mommy Jane, and especially for that impressive last thing for your mom to be remembered ! That tells clearly how much you love her !

Auntie Irene and your furry cousins (especially Princess the beautiful tabby) here are sending you our warmest farewell kisses and hugs ! Your mom will be fine, we'll look after her, and so will God, for sure ! You'll be remembered FOREVER !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Irene Jims; 07-09-2009 at 05:41 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-09-2009   #3 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

I just can't speak,my heart is broken for you sweetheart,the tears are flooding.
I'm glad he went peacefully,he is now free from pain at the Bridge with all our babies.
You take care in the wilderness at your friends ranch.

R.I.P. sweet Harley,now an angel for sure.

As close as a whisker,and remembered with every heartbeat.

Hugs and purrs,Che and the fluffy kids.xxxxx
Unread 07-09-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Every loss is tragic & there were so many in this forum lately
My heart goes out with you, Jane. I'm so very sorry you lost Harley, but you did the correct thing. He's now happy, painless & waiting for you at the Bridge.

Harley While you live, he will never die.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 07-09-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Busy
mj29 is on a distinguished road

The tears are falling on the keyboard and I'm shaking while I type this. You did the right thing for Harley and he's at the bridge now telling everyone how much he loves his mommy and that her love for him set him free. This weekend away will help you come to terms with your loss. If you sit quietly you may even hear Harley whisper to you that he will always be near you. Oscar went to the bridge on Dec. 6th last year but every so often I swear I see him out of the corner of my eye.

M.J. Zipper Darby and Liam
A Cat's eyes are windows enabling us to see into another world. Irish legend

A cat has absolute emotional honesty. Human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not. Ernest Hemingway

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

R.I.P. sisters Sasha and Jasmine, Lucky, Mr.Sim, my sweet boy Oscar!
Unread 07-09-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
maggiemay is on a distinguished road

I am so sorry that it has finally come to this for you and Harley, but at least he is at peace now. May the Goddess Bast protect him. Blessings on you!
Former mom to: Rosie, Tigger, Samson, Smokey, Maggiemay, Tasha, Abby, Coco, SmokeyJr, Merlin, and Merlin Jr, Gracie, and Samson Jr, I left you all in Canada with the exception of Rosie and Tigger who I know are no longer with us! I hope that you are all happy, and I'm sorry I couldn't bring you with me!
Unread 07-09-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Busy
mj29 is on a distinguished road

Maggiemay who is Goddess Bast? I've never heard of her before.

M.J. Zipper Darby and Liam
A Cat's eyes are windows enabling us to see into another world. Irish legend

A cat has absolute emotional honesty. Human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not. Ernest Hemingway

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

R.I.P. sisters Sasha and Jasmine, Lucky, Mr.Sim, my sweet boy Oscar!
Unread 07-09-2009   #8 (permalink)
Kitten

happyhippie is on a distinguished road
Smile Harley is partying now with your loved ones

Hello harleyjane i know how hard it is to lose a loving kitty i lost zoner after 17 years and mama kitty after 23 years the sad thing for me is i watched zoner and mama kitty come into this world and watched them leave before zoner said goodbye he came and lad on my chest put nose to my nose closed his eyes and passed away mama kitty came up and washed my face like if i was a kitten got a drink of water ate a little food jumped back on my lap curled up in a ball and said goodbye now your little harley cat will have mama kitty to clean his face zoner cat to keep the all the bad things away he is not gone on dark night you see a in the corner of your eye the shape of a cat walking it will be harley keeping and watchful eye on you and your family. The power of a loving cat will never go away even in passing once you take in a cat or kitten they are there to stay for ever you will see your little harley kitty again.

Take care

HappyHippie
Unread 07-09-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhippie View Post
Hello harleyjane i know how hard it is to lose a loving kitty i lost zoner after 17 years and mama kitty after 23 years the sad thing for me is i watched zoner and mama kitty come into this world and watched them leave before zoner said goodbye he came and lad on my chest put nose to my nose closed his eyes and passed away mama kitty came up and washed my face like if i was a kitten got a drink of water ate a little food jumped back on my lap curled up in a ball and said goodbye now your little harley cat will have mama kitty to clean his face zoner cat to keep the all the bad things away he is not gone on dark night you see a in the corner of your eye the shape of a cat walking it will be harley keeping and watchful eye on you and your family. The power of a loving cat will never go away even in passing once you take in a cat or kitten they are there to stay for ever you will see your little harley kitty again.

Take care

HappyHippie
Hi ! Welcome ! I'm sorry you lost both your kitties - Zoner and Mama kitty. I believe they're now busy looking after the new comer angel - Harley ! You must be a very proud momma who taught your kitties this precious manner of loving and caring for others.

Unread 07-09-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

i'm very sorry for the sad loss of Harley - can't really add to what everyone else has said, just treasure the good times you had together - you will always have those memories..

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx

Tags
babies , beautiful , box , boy , care , cat , cat nip , cats , clean , cool , eye , eyes , food , free , friends , great , happy , hey , home , joy , kitty , litter , litter box , loss , lost , love , loving , moments , moving , nice , person , prayers , sad , scratching , sickness , tabby , thoughts , type , video , wet food , why?

Sponsored Cat Links