It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-18-2009   #1 (permalink)
catcaremama

Default Gigalo

My family and I had and outside cat we named Gigalo. We named him Gigalo cause he just maneuvered and won his way into our hearts. He was a good looking and mild mannered cat. One of our inside cats brought him home and we started letting him inside briefly because we were thinking about keeping him after we took him to the vet to get a check up and shots. Well we never got that far! One day he came around and his paw was swollen twice its normal size. My sister took him to the vet to get his paw fixed and never saw him again. This is the story. The vet told my sister that he gave Gigalo a shot of antibiotics for his paw and the shot killed him. My sister said she heard scuffling in the back room of the office and then the veterinarian came out and told her Gigalo had died. We never heard of a cat passing away from an antibiotic shot (but maybe he had an allergic reaction or something). Gigalo will be missed. I have a picture of him and as soon as I find it I will post it.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-18-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
maggiemay is on a distinguished road

Wow, I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't say that I have heard of an allergic reaction that severe,although I guess that it is possible, I do hope that the vet explained exactly what happened to the cat, if not go back and ask him/her and get them to explain to you in 'layman's' term what happened to your kitty!
Former mom to: Rosie, Tigger, Samson, Smokey, Maggiemay, Tasha, Abby, Coco, SmokeyJr, Merlin, and Merlin Jr, Gracie, and Samson Jr, I left you all in Canada with the exception of Rosie and Tigger who I know are no longer with us! I hope that you are all happy, and I'm sorry I couldn't bring you with me!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-18-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Hi Rochelle ! First of all I want to thank you and your sister for taking care of Gigalo. You both are really great cat lovers !

Gigalo's story is really heartbreaking !! He was such a gentle and affectionate kitty ! Rest in Peace Gigalo ! Surely, you're now a gentle and happy angel. Rochelle, you and your sister have done your best to look after him, though.
Not sure what has caused his death. Maybe the vet is right about the negative reaction to the shot, but who knows ? I hope other members here would be able to give you a better answer.

Yes, please post his picture as soon as you find it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 07-19-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Oh, poor thing! I'm sorry for your loss, Rochelle!

Gigalo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 07-19-2009   #5 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

This is so tragic Rochelle.
I am soo sorry for you loss of Gigalo.
R.I.P. sweet boy.xxxxx
Unread 07-20-2009   #6 (permalink)
harleyjane

Default I understand yr loss

Hi I'm harleyjane, aka Jane & have been gone a few weeks as my Harley went to the bridge on 7/7/09. I'm so sorry for your loss - which seems to be the standard saying. What else are we supposed to say??? I AM sorry for your loss, every kitty is a loss, no matter what happens to them.
I have been reading online the commennts about my Harley cat, but haven't replied coz I just can't, yet. I know our babies are @ the Rainbowbridge, but I just can't go there yet. It's been 2 wks & my eyes are still swollen.
Somehow, let your baby go, & I will try to do the same. It sucks!
harleyjane

Unread 07-20-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjane View Post
Hi I'm harleyjane, aka Jane & have been gone a few weeks as my Harley went to the bridge on 7/7/09. I'm so sorry for your loss - which seems to be the standard saying. What else are we supposed to say??? I AM sorry for your loss, every kitty is a loss, no matter what happens to them.
I have been reading online the commennts about my Harley cat, but haven't replied coz I just can't, yet. I know our babies are @ the Rainbowbridge, but I just can't go there yet. It's been 2 wks & my eyes are still swollen.
Somehow, let your baby go, & I will try to do the same. It sucks!
harleyjane
Hi Harleyjane !! I'm so glad that you finally came back to post something here !! We've been missing you sooo much !!

Hope you're doing well and getting better each day. Come and chat with us more -- that heals too ... How was the vacation trip to your friend's (the wood) ? Hope you won't mind to share.

Unread 07-20-2009   #8 (permalink)
harleyjane

Default Love Them

Hi Rochelle, gosh, I feel your loss as I feel mine. Those little fur-babies get into you, take you for everything & then love YOU for who you are in their short lives. NO one can take away our thoughts & memories of our beloved babies, my dreams are a mixed bag - Harley here - Harley there - everywhere, but somehow, deep inside of me, I know he is partying at the bridge - coz Harley was/is my cat & I trained him to be the best!!! So with yours!!! Let us both go forth into this wierd world without our furry kitts, & just be grateful they pasted our path!!
All my love to you & yours & to mine. harleyjane

Unread 07-21-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

I'm so sorry about your loss of Gigalo. It's hard not being prepared as well. I guess you can never really be prepared. I thought vets could save cats with bad reactions to the antibiotics if they were already in the clinic.

At least he had a good life with you as his meowmy.

Tags
affectionate , allergic , antibiotics , babies , baby , boy , care , cat , cat lovers , cats , eyes , family , fixed , fur , great , happy , hey , home , kitty , loss , love , lovers , mat , missing , paw , picture , save , story , thoughts , vacation , vet

Sponsored Cat Links