It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-21-2009   #1 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Default A thank you card

It's been 10 weeks but I still miss Ootay so much some days I can hardly stand it.

My vet and the staff at the clinic were so wonderful, bending over backwards to help me with my precious girl. I wanted to send them a thank you card, with a little collage of Ootay, because I know they loved her too.

It took a long time because first I couldn't bring myself to go through the pictures. When I finally did go through them and chose the pictures, I couldn't bring myself to cut them, even though they are duplicates.

I guess it's just part of the process. If I finish the card and mail it, it means she is really and truly gone. If I see the project through, it will be real. I'm still in the denial stage I guess. I just miss her so much.

Today was Tolly's six month check up. I walked into the clinic, stepped up to the counter, opened my mouth to say I was here with Tolly, and burst into tears. Geeeesh!

It's the first time I've been there since I was there to send Ootay to the Bridge. I was afraid that would happen, and it did. they all understood of course.

Since I never mailed it, I gave my vet the card privately, because though I added "and staff" to the salutation, it was mainly for her. She and I looked at the pictures together and cried a little and she said she had a special bulletin board for things like that so everyone would see it.

Having my vet tell me it took her six months to stop crying daily over her most recent loss helped a lot. She lost a kitty to kidney failure about a year ago, and said she still finds herself looking for Binky in her Spot sometimes. A vet, one tends to think, must be hardened to these losses. But no, a lost pet is a devastating loss, even for vets.

Here's the collage. I know you can't really see it that well here. It contains a picture of her at 17 1/2 years, in spite of all her illnesses still making amazing leaps. A picture of her in the flush of health, a picture of her at 2 months old, a teeny tiny kitten, and then one finally, cut to shape, of her spinning onto her back showing the Yummiest of Yummy Tummies, all curly white fur.

Last edited by acerlt; 08-04-2014 at 12:43 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-21-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up A beautiful card for beautiful Princess !!

Ooohhhh Acer ! I had a good cry with you, reading this post and looking at Ootay's pictures.... I know how hard it is even for you, to go through your denial stage and finally accept the fact your baby has really gone to the bridge !! It took lots and lots of courage and determination and strength, to complete the making of the card and gave it to the vet.... Lucky that the vet is not that kind of stone-hearted one !! So she too was able to cry with you. I understand this also means a lot to you.
I DO admire your courage !! YOu're a GREAT meowmy !!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-21-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Oh, this made me weep too (I cried the first time i went to the vets after Simba but made it back out to the car first..)

I do hope that making the card and taking it into your vet has helped in some way - from what you have said they are a wonderful clinic and a great comfort and you are so lucky to have them.

I think your card is a beautiful tribute to your darling Ootay - she was a sweetheart.

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Unread 07-21-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Busy
mj29 is on a distinguished road

Acer what a lovely card. After I lost Oscar I had to go and get more cat food and wanted to put Zipper on something more natural and so when I tried to explain to the girl at the store what i was looking for I promptly started to cry and had to tell her what had happened but she was very caring and helped me chose something appropriate for Zippers needs.
I wasnt on the forum when you lost Ootay and so I would like to extend my sympathies to you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

M.J. Zipper Darby and Liam
A Cat's eyes are windows enabling us to see into another world. Irish legend

A cat has absolute emotional honesty. Human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not. Ernest Hemingway

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

R.I.P. sisters Sasha and Jasmine, Lucky, Mr.Sim, my sweet boy Oscar!
Unread 07-21-2009   #5 (permalink)
Cool Cat

lovemeow is on a distinguished road

Thanks for sharing this beautiful story with us. It is very hard to let things go. my father was heart broken when our first cat, snowman passed away because of liver failure. He blamed himself for it. It took him sometime to finally let it go. It must have taken you a lot of courage to do what you did. The card is beautiful.

- my blog dedicated to our furry buddies

~|
|~
Unread 07-21-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

Wonderful collage and how very kind of you to do this It's heartbreaking imagining you crying again when going to the vet. It was very brave of you and I think a lot of us would have reacted the same way. It's hard losing someone, furbaby or person.
Unread 07-21-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much, all of you. What wonderful loving support you have all given me. I'm crying again, but in gratitude for all your understanding.

I know we've all been there. It never gets any easier, but some are harder than others. ALL of them hurt, but some just have a tiny higher degree of pain.

Or maybe I just forget, from one Bridge Angel to the next, how long the fresh hurt lingers. It's been 4 1/2 years since my last loss.

Hugs from me and headbump kisses from my catties. xxoo
Unread 07-21-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Default !

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerlt View Post
Thank you so much, all of you. What wonderful loving support you have all given me. I'm crying again, but in gratitude for all your understanding.

I know we've all been there. It never gets any easier, but some are harder than others. ALL of them hurt, but some just have a tiny higher degree of pain.

Or maybe I just forget, from one Bridge Angel to the next, how long the fresh hurt lingers. It's been 4 1/2 years since my last loss.

Hugs from me and headbump kisses from my catties. xxoo
Well, because of your strength and generosity, we too feel supported ! You're a treasure here ! Head bumps & butt kisses from my furry babies !! And a BIG 'Arms wrapped around' HUG from me too !

Unread 07-22-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

What a nice people!

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 07-22-2009   #10 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Awww sweetie,this has really tugged at my heart.My tears are flowing again.
Ootay was a real little princess.I know how much you still hurt dear.
The card is fabulous. It's so nice you have a caring vet who has compassion.
Unlike some who are hardened (as you said) and make you feel they don't care.

Big fluffy hugs darling from me and my gang.xxxxx

Tags
age , amazing , babies , baby , beautiful , box , car , care , cat , cat food , crying , cut , food , found , fur , girl , great , health , hey , hurt , kitten , kitty , loss , lost , loving , lucky , natural , nice , pet , pictures , project , sick , stop , story , tribute , vet

Sponsored Cat Links