It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-17-2010   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

silverfox13425 is on a distinguished road
Default Goodnight, my Shadow, loving baby.

Just 40 minutes ago I was at the vet, holding my extremly sick kitty for the last time. She was nearly 10 years old - Not old at all!!! She had to be put down to an extreme case of hepatic lipidosis (fatty liver disease) and she was just very, very sick. She was emaciated, and in pain. She couldnt move. I never would have let it get this far if I only had a ride. I finally got a ride this morning from my aunt who took me to the vet she uses. Shadow had 2 CCs I think the vet said. She was gone before the full dosage was even put in her vein, I think. She went very, very quietly. She didnt even take that 'final breath' Im warned about. Just layed down and simply slipped away. I dont think she had much time left, anyway. I have three other loving kitties who have all been smothering me since I got home. All Shadow did was lay in my room on a pile of blankets and sheets in the corner, so I dont think they notice her absence very much. Still, I do. This is a very difficult time for me but Im so glad shes not in pain anymore. It makes me happy to know she can be healthy again. Ill always be proud to be Shadow's Mommy. She was my first and best cat, Ive had her since I was 7 or 8. She will be missed ever so dearly. As Tom Hanks once said, "Thats all I have to say about that."

Ill answer any questions you might have, if any. Otherwise, I dunno.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0066.jpg (93.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1034.jpg (95.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF8074.jpg (96.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF8083.jpg (94.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF8096.jpg (93.6 KB, 5 views)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 09-18-2010   #2 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Blah
AuntKitty is on a distinguished road

Oh, what a beautiful baby!!!! She's crossing the Rainbow Bridge, waiting for you to meet up with her in the future. Shadow will always be watching over you--you might get a glimpse of her out of the corner of your eye. I am so sorry for your loss.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mother of Magic, Midnight, Topaz and Emerald
There is nothing more beautiful than the sound of a purring kitty
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
baby , beautiful , cat , eye , happy , healthy , hey , home , kitties , kitty , loss , loving , morning , sick , vet

Sponsored Cat Links