It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-08-2013   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Asleep
amberpep is on a distinguished road
Unhappy ~ My Amber ~

I have not been here recently, but needed to share this with you all. Yesterday I had to have my sweet red abbysinian, Amber, sent over the bridge. She was 11 but her tummy was filled with lymphoma, and I'm sure other parts of her body too.
She has been my closest buddy through so much ..... leaving my husband and renting an upstairs area from a friend from church for 2 years, moving into my condo., getting another kitty who is a wild and crazy one, and then getting my dog who is very calm. She's always been with me, never causing any trouble with all these changes.
I'm having her cremated and then having her remains returned to me. They put it in a little carved box. I'm not sure what I'll do yet, but I want to make up some sort of little remembrance spot for her on my porch. I'm in a condo, so that eliminates a lot, but I have a birdbath I usually put flowers in during summer. Maybe there ..... I'll have to wait and see.
I feel very sad, painfully sorry she had gotten so sick before I knew it, and I am numb. My other cat is now glued to my side, and when she goes in the room they were in overnight, she lays directly on the spot under the bed where Amber laid .... she knows.
Thanks for listening.
abby
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-09-2013   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

I'm so sorry for your loss of your beloved Amber. I remember your threads about her, sometimes these things can be so difficult to diagnose. I know she received the best of loving care from you, until you gave her that final gift, freedom from suffering. {{hugs}}

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-10-2013   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

Default ~ thank you ~

Thank you Gail for your compassion. I miss her little red face with her giant ears that all abbys have, and my other kitty, Daisy is very clingy, being by my side constantly. When I get her remains back it will be in a carved wooden box and I think I'll put the box in a zip lock bag, sit it in the middle of my birdbath, which I fill with flowers in summer .... never put water in it. I'll raise it up on a stone. That way she can enjoy the outside, which she loved looking at from her window perch ... she was never outside.
I never realized I could love an animal so much.
abby
Unread 10-14-2013   #4 (permalink)
Kitten

I got the call today that I can pick up my sweetie's remains tomorrow. That's going to be tough.
I know she's in a better place and out of her pain, but I really miss her. I looked at the website of the Cattery where I got her and they have kittens. They just breed Abyssinians. I can't possibly get a kitten right now as I can't afford one and I've had 2 surgeries on my knee within the passed 2 years, so I could not be able to work with her and work with teaching her some things. They've had several Grand Champions and their Abbys are beautiful, so lean and sleek and very athletic.
abby
Unread 11-01-2013   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

I picked up "Amber" today and cried all the way home. The place did a beautiful job .... she's in a little velvet bag tucked inside a carved wooden box which has her name on the front, there's a certificate with it and it' all in a very pretty blue bag.
I know she's not hurting anymore and for that I'm glad, but this has just been so difficult.
abby

Tags
animal , beautiful , box , breed , calm , care , cat , clingy , crazy , dog , gift , hey , home , joy , kittens , kitty , loss , loving , moving , sad , sick , water , wild , window

Sponsored Cat Links