It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-01-2006   #1 (permalink)
hwang

Default Cat Translation Dictionary!!

Developed for years, here are some keys to understand what you cat tries to tell you!!

miaowbu: Feed me.
meeow: Pet me.
mrooww: I love you.
Miioo-oo-oo: I am in love and must meet my betrothed outside beneath the hedge. Don't wait up.
mrow: I feel like making noise.
rrrow-mawww: Please, the time is come to tidy the cat box.
rrrow-miawww: I have remedied the cat box untidiness by shoveling the contents as far out of the box as was practical.
miaowmiaow: Play with me.
Miaowmioaw: Have you noticed the shortage of available cat toys in this room?
mmeww: I believe I have heard a burglar. If you would like to go and beat him senseless, I shall be happy to keep your spot in the bed warm.
mioawmioaw: Since I can find nothing better to play with, I shall see what happens when I sharpen my claws on this handy piece of furniture.
raowwwww: I think I shall now spend time licking the most private parts of my anatomy.
mrowwwww: I am now recalling, with sorrow, that some of my private parts did not return with me from that visit to the vet.
Roww-maww-roww : I am so glad to see that you have returned home with both arms full of groceries. I will now rub myself against your legs and attempt to trip you as you walk towards the kitchen.
gakk-ak-ak: My digestive passages seem to have formed a hairball. Wherever could this have come from? I shall leave it here upon the carpeting.
mow: Snuggling is a good idea.
moww: Shedding is pretty good, too.
mowww!: I was enjoying snuggling and shedding in the warm clean laundry until you removed me so unkindly.
mroow: I have forced my body into a tiny space in order to look cute. How'm I doin?
Miaow! Miaow!: I have discovered that, although one may be able to wedge his body through the gap behind the stove and into that little drawer filled with pots and pans, the reverse path is slightly more difficult to navigate.
Mraakk!: Oh, small bird! Please come over here.
ssssRoww! I believe that I have found a woodchuck or similar small animal. I shall now act terribly brave.
mmmrowmmm: It is certain that the best tasting fish is one you have caught yourself.
mmmmmmm: If I sit in the sunshine for another hour or so, I think I shall be satisfied.
Mreoaw: Please ask room service to send up another can of tunafish.
Mreeeow: Do you serve catnip with that?
Miaooww! Mriaow!: Since you are using the can opener, I am certain that you understand the value of a well-fed and pampered cat. Please continue.
Mrrrrrrrrrrroooooooww: Hold me, I am tired

Enjoy!!!!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-01-2006   #2 (permalink)
tabbylover224

To the untrained eye this is a joke, but take the time to sound it out and you'll realize that we're all fluent in cat subconsciously.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 12-27-2006   #3 (permalink)
softpaws

Default Cat Sign Language

My cat has all those language things but totally speaks sign language as well.

Jumping up on the screen door so it bangs and then hanging there with pleading eyes but no other noise means: Let me in NOW, Hairball.

Sitting next to the dog's food dish and looking at me with poor-me eyes: Feed me, now. Put the food in this dish. Then when the dog comes I will have an excuse to hiss in his face. (He actually does this).

Sitting silently at the door looking very very sad, but only looking at the door not back at me: I need to go out but I want to see if you can read my mind.

Deciding at all hours of the night to do a wild rock and roll dance on my back or sit on my face and touch my husband's face with his foot: I need to be either fed or let outside but I don't really know which I am going to want until you wake up.

Jumping into the bathtub and pawing the water around the drain ring: I'm thirsty. If my husband runs a little water from the tub taps, it gathers around the ring and the cat would rather drink from that than his bowl.

Clawing the upholstry: Why can't you people every buy any decent furniture for me to sleep on? (gee, I wonder)

Unread 01-06-2007   #4 (permalink)
crookshanks

It's just been four months since I got my cat home.
Polo is my first cat & in the beginning all these sounds seemed all the same to me. Now-a-days I have started recognizing differences. Hope this key will be of help to me. Thanks!

Unread 04-06-2007   #5 (permalink)
kittylover88kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwang View Post
Developed for years, here are some keys to understand what you cat tries to tell you!!

miaowbu: Feed me.
meeow: Pet me.
mrooww: I love you.
Miioo-oo-oo: I am in love and must meet my betrothed outside beneath the hedge. Don't wait up.
mrow: I feel like making noise.
rrrow-mawww: Please, the time is come to tidy the cat box.
rrrow-miawww: I have remedied the cat box untidiness by shoveling the contents as far out of the box as was practical.
miaowmiaow: Play with me.
Miaowmioaw: Have you noticed the shortage of available cat toys in this room?
mmeww: I believe I have heard a burglar. If you would like to go and beat him senseless, I shall be happy to keep your spot in the bed warm.
mioawmioaw: Since I can find nothing better to play with, I shall see what happens when I sharpen my claws on this handy piece of furniture.
raowwwww: I think I shall now spend time licking the most private parts of my anatomy.
mrowwwww: I am now recalling, with sorrow, that some of my private parts did not return with me from that visit to the vet.
Roww-maww-roww : I am so glad to see that you have returned home with both arms full of groceries. I will now rub myself against your legs and attempt to trip you as you walk towards the kitchen.
gakk-ak-ak: My digestive passages seem to have formed a hairball. Wherever could this have come from? I shall leave it here upon the carpeting.
mow: Snuggling is a good idea.
moww: Shedding is pretty good, too.
mowww!: I was enjoying snuggling and shedding in the warm clean laundry until you removed me so unkindly.
mroow: I have forced my body into a tiny space in order to look cute. How'm I doin?
Miaow! Miaow!: I have discovered that, although one may be able to wedge his body through the gap behind the stove and into that little drawer filled with pots and pans, the reverse path is slightly more difficult to navigate.
Mraakk!: Oh, small bird! Please come over here.
ssssRoww! I believe that I have found a woodchuck or similar small animal. I shall now act terribly brave.
mmmrowmmm: It is certain that the best tasting fish is one you have caught yourself.
mmmmmmm: If I sit in the sunshine for another hour or so, I think I shall be satisfied.
Mreoaw: Please ask room service to send up another can of tunafish.
Mreeeow: Do you serve catnip with that?
Miaooww! Mriaow!: Since you are using the can opener, I am certain that you understand the value of a well-fed and pampered cat. Please continue.
Mrrrrrrrrrrroooooooww: Hold me, I am tired

Enjoy!!!!
How did you do that?That was so cool!

Unread 08-06-2008   #6 (permalink)
Top Cat

kathie is on a distinguished road

LOL. The list is hilarious, a bit retarded, cuz I haven't heard my cat say Roww-maww-roww or gakk-ak-ak!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Unread 08-09-2008   #7 (permalink)
CutiePie12

thats soooo cool!

Unread 08-09-2008   #8 (permalink)
CutiePie12

cool! now i know what my cat means when she says : Miioo-oo-oo, LOLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread 12-03-2008   #9 (permalink)
Top Cat

catlover83 is on a distinguished road

Ahahaha! That soooo hilarious! But atleast, I learned something new.
The night runs over him
like dark water

- Pablo Neruda

|

|
Unread 12-03-2008   #10 (permalink)
kara_leigh

OMG that is freaking hilarious!! I can totally see Miss Pretentious Nora thinking some of those things too!! HAHAHA

Tags
age , animal , box , cat , cat toys , catnip , claws , clean , color , cute , dog , dry , eye , eyes , fish , food , found , fur , furniture , happy , hedge , hiss , home , joke , licking , love , night , pet , play , sad , sleep , small , toys , vet , wake , water , wild

Sponsored Cat Links