It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-01-2006   #1 (permalink)
hwang

Default Similarities Between Teens and Cats

For all of you with teenagers or who have had teenagers, you may want to know why they really have a lot in common with cats:

- Neither teenagers nor cats turn their heads when you call them by name.

- No matter what you do for them, it is not enough. Indeed, all humane efforts are barely adequate to compensate for the privilege of waiting on them hand and foot.

- You rarely see a cat walking outside of the house with an adult human being, and it can be safely said that no teenager in his or her right mind wants to be seen in public with his or her parents.

- Even if you tell jokes as well as Jay Leno, neither your cat nor your teen will ever crack a smile.

- No cat or teenager shares you taste in music.

- Cats and teenagers can lie on the living-room sofa for hours on end without moving, barely breathing.

- Cats have nine lives. Teenagers carry on as if they did.

- Cats and teenagers yawn in exactly the same manner, communicating that ultimate human ecstasy -- a sense of complete and utter boredom.

- Cats and teenagers do not improve anyone's furniture.

- Cats that are free to roam outside sometimes have been known to return in the middle of the night to deposit a dead animal in your bedroom. Teenagers are not above that sort of behavior.

Enjoy reading!!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-01-2006   #2 (permalink)
tabbylover224

You seemed to miss can and will sleep at all availible opportunities, and make such opportunities at their own will.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 12-27-2006   #3 (permalink)
wittykitty

Default More on cats and teens

Cats will eat at any opportunity as well. Just like my teenage boys. They are also very particular what they eat, just like my boys. It has to be the most expensive brand, just like with my boys. Cats will not clean their own litter box, just like my boys. Cats believe that if they are asking for attention, the whole world stops for them, just like my boys. Cats won't take out the garbage or vacuum or dust, just like my boys. Cats answer everything you say with a look that says MEH...which is what my boys say.

Unread 12-30-2006   #4 (permalink)
outdoorcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbylover224 View Post
You seemed to miss can and will sleep at all availible opportunities, and make such opportunities at their own will.
This is the honest truth tabbylover. My husband is the same, too! He has several shows he likes to watch on TV. Good thing they are on a channel that repeats the same shows a few times a day. He will sleep through certain parts the first time and then others the next. Of course he says he isn't sleeping, and claims to know exactly what is going on. Ask him to repeat what they said, he can't tell you! That is even very similar to my cat in a way...the way she sleeps with her head up, but her eyes are closed as if she really is truly alert. However, if you speak to her or call her, she is apparently deeply asleep. Maybe she is just "selectively deaf".

Tags
adult , age , animal , behavior , box , breathing , cat , cats , clean , eyes , free , fur , furniture , hey , house , jokes , joy , litter , litter box , mat , moving , night , sleep , sleeping

Sponsored Cat Links