It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-20-2011   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Post Wet or Dry Cat Food – Which Is Best

If you are a cat owner you have probably have asked other owners which is best wet or dry cat food. Some will answer dry, while others will say wet. Or, some may say both. The reasons for each response may vary but, dry dog food is more affordable than wet canned food so it’s [...]

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-20-2011   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

This is not a good article, as while a little of it has merit, much of it is false.

Cats on a canned food diet do not have "foul breath". My cats are on a canned diet, and they have sweet breath.

Canned food is at least 70% water and often more, not the 50% stated in this article.

Cats may 'prefer' fish cat foods but fish cat foods are not good for cats and they should not have it more than once or twice a week, if at all.

Dry food does NOT clean teeth. I repeat, dry food does NOT clean teeth. That would be like saying a human could keep his teeth clean by eating croutons.

Most cats swallow dry food whole. If they do bite into it, it is one or two crunches which causes crumbs to form. These crumbs stick to the teeth and get under the gum line and turn into tartar which eventually causes gingivitis and periodontal disease.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first

Last edited by acerlt; 02-20-2011 at 01:16 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-25-2011   #3 (permalink)
kat
Cool Cat

My Mood: Angelic
kat is on a distinguished road

I must agree with acerlt, wet food is so much better, although I leave dry food out all day while I'm at work with FRESH water, just so that they have access to some food during the day, then when I get home at about 5pm, I give them their daily intake of wet food, which they LOVE! In my opinion, cats were "made" to eat meat, hence why I would think wet food would be better for them... in fact, my cats only eat the dry food as a midday snack, if that... they really could not be bothered with it... somehow I think it is "too much work" for them to chew... but it just eases my mind knowing that they have food when I'm not around...

As for the fish scenario, I actually heard about that... I feed my cats the Purina Friskies pouches, and there are always about 3x pouches in a box of 12 that are fish... but because I've heard this before, I try not to buy the box with the fish, instead the gourmet meals (beef and veg, lamb and duck etc) they LOVE the beef and veg one...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PROUD MUMMY OF DIZI AND SASHA!!!

Unread 05-18-2013   #4 (permalink)
Newborn

whitney_ulloa is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to whitney_ulloa

This is really a great tips given in here.
Unread 10-20-2014   #5 (permalink)
Newborn

aliraza1 is on a distinguished road
Default nice post

If you are a cat owner you have probably have asked other owners which is best wet or dry cat food. Some will answer dry, while others will say wet. Or, some may say both. The reasons for each response may vary but, dry dog food is more affordable than wet canned food so it’s [...]
Unread 12-17-2014   #6 (permalink)
Kitten

garrettmarvelwilson is on a distinguished road

I prefer dry food over wet, I also try to mix the two types of the food for my cat amber, plus she also would want to take part in deciding which food she will be eating.
Unread 06-15-2015   #7 (permalink)
Banned
Cool Cat

andrewgrayson15 is on a distinguished road

Cats may 'prefer' fish cat foods but fish cat foods are not good for cats and they should not have it more than once or twice a week, if at all.

Tags
affordable , bite , box , canned food , cat , cat food , cats , clean , diet , dog , dry , dry food , eating , fish , food , great , hey , home , love , nice , opinion , tips , water , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links