It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-23-2011   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Post Cat Training Tips

Cats are wondrous, wonderful creatures, and are filled with curiosity. They can be snuggly, affectionate and friendly creatures; often content to nap on a human lap and be stroked until their fur glistens. Some are more standoffish and will only allow the occasional solemn head pat before regally stalking off to stretch and preen in [...]

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-23-2011   #2 (permalink)
Newborn

kulyuly is on a distinguished road

My cat hates me she never lets me pet her even on the head and when I approach her she purs and run away is it normal? and why she does that she is only nice to me when I feed her
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 12-26-2015   #3 (permalink)
Banned
Cool Cat

andrewgrayson15 is on a distinguished road

The key to training a cat and understanding cat behavior is to make sure that whatever you want your cat to do is exceedingly rewarding and pleasurable. Whatever you don't want your cat to indulge in must never be rewarding or fun, in fact, it must be unpleasant.

Sometimes we unintentionally reward our cat for obnoxious behavior. A common complaint is that the cat pounces on the owner at five in the morning, meowing up a storm and generally being a pest. What do the owners do? They get up and feed the cat, play with him or let him outside. You have trained your cat to wake you up! Your cat has learned that his behavior gets him exactly what he wants.

Many owners become frustrated because they can't catch the cat in the act of the crime, so instead they show the cat the evidence and discipline the cat at that time. A common training (mal)practice is grabbing the cat, pointing out the wet spot, then dragging him to the litter box and forcing him to dig in the litter. If you do this, you are training your cat that being reached for by the owner is a bad experience and that the cat litter box is a torture chamber. It is usually difficult if not impossible to catch the cat in the act because most cats have already learned that being caught is bad news.

Tags
behavior , blog , box , cat , cat behavior , cat's , cats , free , friendly , fun , hey , litter , litter box , meowing , morning , nice , pet , play , training , wake

Sponsored Cat Links