Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum

Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum (http://www.i-love-cats.com/forums/)
-   Latest Cat Articles From I-Love-Cats.com (http://www.i-love-cats.com/forums/latest-cat-articles-i-love/)
-   -   How to Bath Cat Is Bathing a Cat Difficult Washing Cat and Bathing Cat Revealed Here (http://www.i-love-cats.com/forums/latest-cat-articles-i-love/56511-how-bath-cat-bathing-cat.html)

admin 02-25-2011 06:02 AM

How to Bath Cat Is Bathing a Cat Difficult Washing Cat and Bathing Cat Revealed Here

How to bath a cat easily!? Cat Bathing made simple for both humans and cats. [1] Make sure that the Water Temperature is right for Bathing Cat. The water should be luke-warm when going to bathe cat, more on the room-temperature side, because if you put hot water on your cat, it will get burned. [...]

More...

kat 02-25-2011 06:12 AM

This is a cool post...

I bath my cats maybe once every 3 months or so if needed, otherwise I bath them if they get anything on them which I know is not supposed to be there, such as pooh... :shock:

Shame, one night, my little Dizi was playing and he got a fright from something, I don't even know what it was, perhaps he saw another cat outside or something, I don't know, but next thing I know he poohed himself... I had to bath him, and I find that if you hold them by the scruff of the neck, they calm down a bit and you can get a lot done... prepare yourself for a few scratches, but this is quite useful.

Sometimes I even climb in the bath with them, and hold them tightly against my chest and talk to them softly, and this seems to help with baths a lot, but like I say, i really try not to bath them a lot, as I know it is a very traumatizing experience for them... i just try to brush them to get rid of some of the dirt as much as I can.:D

acerlt 02-25-2011 10:10 AM

Well we don't disagree on much Kat, but I disagree with this article. First, as you say: sometimes, if a cat gets into something nasty, or has a self soiling accident, a bath may be necessary.

But otherwise, cats are self cleaning and do not need to be bathed by immersion. It dries the skin and in most cases (some cats don't mind true, but not most) it causes unnesseccary stress to the cat. Stress is very bad for cats, it can make them sick.

I think this is a dumb article, like most of the articles "admin" posts here, the people who write them are shockingly un-knowledgeable about cats and cat health and cat care.

AK49BWL 02-25-2011 07:40 PM

And unfortunately I can't just delete these as spam.... LOL!

acerlt 02-25-2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AK49BWL (Post 110864)
And unfortunately I can't just delete these as spam.... LOL!

<snicker>:D:D

AuntKitty 02-26-2011 12:24 PM

When I first got my kittens over a year ago, I bought cat shampoo along with the other necessities like a litter box, scoop, toys, food, litter, etc. Well, I also purchased a book that day called "Kittens For Dummies" and the book said the same thing you guys are saying--cats are self-cleaning and do not need to be bathed unless something happens to them where they get dirty (like having an accident and pooping on themselves). Well, needless to say, I still have not used the cat shampoo. I am glad that I read the book because my plan was to bathe the kittens. I do like the idea of going into the tub with the cat, if bathing becomes necessary. Two of my cats insist on coming into the bathroom with me every morning while I do my morning routine, and they sometimes sit on the edge of the bathtub while I'm showering. I sometimes put the stopper in the tub to keep the water in the tub while showering to soak my feet. Well, occasionally one of the cats will slide off the edge of the tub and land right into the water. Immediately, they jump out of the tub shaking the water off all their feet, and licking themselves dry. So I can see, that they do not like to get wet.

whitney_ulloa 05-18-2013 04:03 AM

Your are really great when it comes to writing so keep up the nice quality writing.

andrewgrayson15 06-24-2015 01:22 AM

I also bath my cats maybe once 1week or so if needed, otherwise I bath them if they get anything.I also bought cat shampoo