It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-25-2011   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Post How to Bath Cat Is Bathing a Cat Difficult Washing Cat and Bathing Cat Revealed Here

How to bath a cat easily!? Cat Bathing made simple for both humans and cats. [1] Make sure that the Water Temperature is right for Bathing Cat. The water should be luke-warm when going to bathe cat, more on the room-temperature side, because if you put hot water on your cat, it will get burned. [...]

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-25-2011   #2 (permalink)
kat
Cool Cat

My Mood: Angelic
kat is on a distinguished road

This is a cool post...

I bath my cats maybe once every 3 months or so if needed, otherwise I bath them if they get anything on them which I know is not supposed to be there, such as pooh...

Shame, one night, my little Dizi was playing and he got a fright from something, I don't even know what it was, perhaps he saw another cat outside or something, I don't know, but next thing I know he poohed himself... I had to bath him, and I find that if you hold them by the scruff of the neck, they calm down a bit and you can get a lot done... prepare yourself for a few scratches, but this is quite useful.

Sometimes I even climb in the bath with them, and hold them tightly against my chest and talk to them softly, and this seems to help with baths a lot, but like I say, i really try not to bath them a lot, as I know it is a very traumatizing experience for them... i just try to brush them to get rid of some of the dirt as much as I can.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PROUD MUMMY OF DIZI AND SASHA!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-25-2011   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Well we don't disagree on much Kat, but I disagree with this article. First, as you say: sometimes, if a cat gets into something nasty, or has a self soiling accident, a bath may be necessary.

But otherwise, cats are self cleaning and do not need to be bathed by immersion. It dries the skin and in most cases (some cats don't mind true, but not most) it causes unnesseccary stress to the cat. Stress is very bad for cats, it can make them sick.

I think this is a dumb article, like most of the articles "admin" posts here, the people who write them are shockingly un-knowledgeable about cats and cat health and cat care.

please read this first
Unread 02-25-2011   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

And unfortunately I can't just delete these as spam.... LOL!
Unread 02-25-2011   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK49BWL View Post
And unfortunately I can't just delete these as spam.... LOL!
<snicker>

please read this first
Unread 02-26-2011   #6 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Blah
AuntKitty is on a distinguished road

When I first got my kittens over a year ago, I bought cat shampoo along with the other necessities like a litter box, scoop, toys, food, litter, etc. Well, I also purchased a book that day called "Kittens For Dummies" and the book said the same thing you guys are saying--cats are self-cleaning and do not need to be bathed unless something happens to them where they get dirty (like having an accident and pooping on themselves). Well, needless to say, I still have not used the cat shampoo. I am glad that I read the book because my plan was to bathe the kittens. I do like the idea of going into the tub with the cat, if bathing becomes necessary. Two of my cats insist on coming into the bathroom with me every morning while I do my morning routine, and they sometimes sit on the edge of the bathtub while I'm showering. I sometimes put the stopper in the tub to keep the water in the tub while showering to soak my feet. Well, occasionally one of the cats will slide off the edge of the tub and land right into the water. Immediately, they jump out of the tub shaking the water off all their feet, and licking themselves dry. So I can see, that they do not like to get wet.

Mother of Magic, Midnight, Topaz and Emerald
There is nothing more beautiful than the sound of a purring kitty
Unread 05-18-2013   #7 (permalink)
Newborn

whitney_ulloa is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to whitney_ulloa

Your are really great when it comes to writing so keep up the nice quality writing.
Unread 06-24-2015   #8 (permalink)
Banned
Cool Cat

andrewgrayson15 is on a distinguished road

I also bath my cats maybe once 1week or so if needed, otherwise I bath them if they get anything.I also bought cat shampoo

Tags
another cat , bath , book , calm , care , cat , cat health , cats , cleaning , cool , dry , food , great , health , hey , kittens , licking , litter box , morning , nice , night , playing , sick , stress , toys , water

Sponsored Cat Links