It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-14-2007   #1 (permalink)
Catrancher99

Talking Wow, First In Line

I just discovered that this part of the forum is empty. Nature abhors a vacuum, and who am I to argue with Her - it's not nice to fool with Mother Nature. So here goes:
My all-time favorite movie is "Blade Runner." First of all I like Harrison Ford and Rutger Hauer as actors, and I like Phillip K. Dick as a sci-fi writer (he wrote the original book "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep"). The story questions mankind's responsibility for its creations, meddling in Mother Nature's domain. It essentially asks the same questions as Mary Shelley's "Frankenstein" and Milton's "Paradise Lost" about the relationship between Creator and creation. My second favorite movie of all time is "Edward Scissorhands." Johnny Depp is an extraordinary actor, from "Scissorhands" to "What's Eating Gilbert Grape" to "Ed Wood, Jr." to "Pirates of the Carribean." Cool guy with a wide range of talent. I also like Tim Burton's strange movies, and the storyline of "Scissorhands" being about being "different." And my third favorite movie has to be a toss-up between Bogey's "The Maltese Falcon," "Casablanca" and "Key Largo."

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-15-2007   #2 (permalink)
A-Rod's Mama

My fave movie is Top Gun. I just love the navy and jets. I actually wanted to be a fighter pilot.....But you need perfect vison. Which I wasn't blessed with. My 2nd fave movie would be the Guardian. It is a beautiful movie and depicts the Coast Guard well. I am guessing at this point you can tell I am a big troops supporter-hehe. I LOVE LOVE ALL DANCING MOVIES! I was in a dance company and a show girl. So Dirty Dancing, Save the Lasst Dance, Center Stage, Honey-all of them I just eat up!! Sadly dancing so long beat my body up and my knee no longer allows me to do my passion. But as they say aI have the good ole days!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-15-2007   #3 (permalink)
Catrancher99

Hi, A-Rod's Mama. I have an longtime and dear friend in Seattle named Katja who's been a dancer all her life, teaching and performing. Last year she broke an ankle while practicing and has had to slow down. She's in her late 40s now and getting susceptible to those aging-process blues. I liked "Dirty Dancing" a lot myself, but I must say I loved the glitz and intensity of "A Chorus Line." But then I just like movies a lot. One of my few escapes from reality when it gets to be a drudge.

Unread 02-15-2007   #4 (permalink)
A-Rod's Mama

Yeah, I broke my left leg twice. Torn my ASL on my right knee. To top it off strained my akelis tendon to the point I needed surgery. So if I dance my legs literally give out. I love a Chorus Line too. I actually did the musical and played Kristine. But I guess que sera sera!

Unread 02-18-2007   #5 (permalink)
SuzyQII

A-Rod's Mama - so sorry to hear about all your dance/leg problems. Back to the movie topic - it is a quirky movie, but one of my favorites in The Ref with Kevin Spacey and Dennis Leary. Of course all of the old dance movies too - when my daughter was little, she LOVED Seven Brides for Seven Brothers!

Tags
age , beautiful , book , cool , eating , favorites , girl , hey , lost , love , movies , nice , problems , save , seattle , story , surgery , tale

Sponsored Cat Links