It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-22-2009   #81 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

I used to catch snails in jars with leaves and plants when I was a kid, then release them after many hours How are they as pets?

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-22-2009   #82 (permalink)
Kitten

AbstractDr3ams is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to AbstractDr3ams

Our front yard is full of snails so he typically changes it out every day or other day when he gets fresh greens for it too lol. He seems to enjoy watching it, writes down notes about it in a little note book. He keeps track of how many he has "observed" lol. Ah, to be 10 again! lol
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-23-2009   #83 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbstractDr3ams View Post
Our front yard is full of snails so he typically changes it out every day or other day when he gets fresh greens for it too lol. He seems to enjoy watching it, writes down notes about it in a little note book. He keeps track of how many he has "observed" lol. Ah, to be 10 again! lol
That sounds like fun! Does he only like snails? This might sound gross, but if you dig a hole in the ground and put a plastic cup inside, then put some food there. Maybe a piece of cheese, piece of meat or bread. Then leave it there for the night. The next morning you will find different bugs. You will also realize that different kind of food attracts different bugs.
He could make notes of which food attract which type of bugs!

I did it when I was his age. I was strange I also had an ant farm, hehe.
Unread 07-23-2009   #84 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

What Katrine ?! You had an ant farm ?? You're really strange !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-23-2009   #85 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene Jims View Post
What Katrine ?! You had an ant farm ?? You're really strange !
I love all living creatures
It was really interesting watching them dig tunnels and communicate with each other. One summer, I managed to capture a Queen. They really treated her well. She did nothing. She just sat there and ate. During winter they moved very slowly. I guess it's because they're supposed to be hibernating here. I even caught flies and stuff for them to eat, haha. It was kind of gross to watch them dig in on a fly, but it was worth it!
Unread 07-23-2009   #86 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

There is another job which I think will be suitable for you -- work at Animal Planet channel or animal lab....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 07-24-2009   #87 (permalink)
Newborn

Zoey31609 is on a distinguished road

I have a bunny as well. While he is indifferent to just about anything, the kitten loves him. Kitten stalks him all the time but is remarkably gentle with him. My old roomate had a pitbull that was so protective of my rabbit that she growled at anyone other than me when holding the bunny. Even my dad's beagle got along well with him.

Last edited by Zoey31609; 07-24-2009 at 01:02 AM.
Unread 07-24-2009   #88 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene Jims View Post
There is another job which I think will be suitable for you -- work at Animal Planet channel or animal lab....
Haha I did consider working at some sort of lab with insects in my teens. I got inspired after I saw the movie "Mimic", it was about genetically modified bugs, that accidentally turned into human killers. But I didn't worry much about that part. It was the lab part that attracted me.

But I don't know if working with bugs all day is a very giving profession and I don't want to do experiments on them either. Just observe.
Unread 07-24-2009   #89 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Oh and Zoey! I love that pic of the kitten sitiing on the bunny's cage there. I think it is sweet when different species go well together.
Unread 07-24-2009   #90 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoey31609 View Post
I have a bunny as well. While he is indifferent to just about anything, the kitten loves him. Kitten stalks him all the time but is remarkably gentle with him. My old roomate had a pitbull that was so protective of my rabbit that she growled at anyone other than me when holding the bunny. Even my dad's beagle got along well with him.

What a big happy family ! Zoey will never be lonely !

Tags
amazing , animal , aquarium , attack , beautiful , birds , bite , black , breed , care , cat , cat lovers , cats , children , clean , clip , color , crazy , dog , dogs , female , fish , food , found , friendly , friends , girl , great , hey , home , house , interesting , joy , lost , love , mat , mixed breed , morning , mouse , pet , pictures , play , puppy , queen , sad , sleeping , small , smart , strays , type , wild , worry

Sponsored Cat Links