It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-21-2007   #1 (permalink)
jade's_mom

Default What other pets????

Okay, all...what other pets do you have, besides cats?

I have a horse, Pride
Three miniature goats, Mystic, Mira, and Franny
Two Gerbils, Sapphire and Twitch
Two Guinea Pigs, Chewie and Cookie
Two dogs, Sophie and Domino
and Two Corn snakes, Stretch and Diablo...

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-21-2007   #2 (permalink)
debs1960

i have 2 cockatiels

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-26-2007   #3 (permalink)
dmcwlvssr

My 4 kittys Mischka,Linx, Sundance & Pandia a shepard mix girl Freesia and 3 fish Mr Jinx, Pixie & Dixie

Unread 02-26-2007   #4 (permalink)
wendywenpet

I have a husband named Peter!!!!

LMAO!

And 3 rats .... Kahlua, Champagne and Bubbles

This is Kahlua! A Bershire rat!

This is Champagne!!

And then Bubbles on my shoulder!

Unread 02-26-2007   #5 (permalink)
Catrancher99

Wendywenpet, do your rats & cat get along, or do you have to keep them segregated? I know cats will accept other species as "friends" if raised together from kittenhood so that they do not identify as food what they would if wild. I've known many cats and dogs to consider each other as pals even, rather than enemies.

Unread 02-26-2007   #6 (permalink)
wendywenpet

As you can see in the first pic... Egor just loves to be with her "sisters"... My first rat, Annie... used to bite Egor if she got too close!! Therefore, Egor thinks she can be welcome in the room anytime. But my new three girls (Just about a year) are still not quite comfortable with Egor in the room. Time will tell!! But all get equal love and attention!

Unread 02-26-2007   #7 (permalink)
Catrancher99

I've heard that rats are actually rather smart for having such tiny brains, and pretty clean, undeserving of their reputation unless they're the ones that live in the sewers (remember the movie "Ben"?). Champagne and Bubbles are really pretty, and Egor is beautiful.

Unread 02-26-2007   #8 (permalink)
wendywenpet

Thanks all!!

Actually Willard was on the sci-fi channel a month or so back. I tried to stay up and watch it but I fell asleep!

My 3 little girls are just amazing. First thing in the morning Egor is at their door waiting to get in and investigate! Rats have a very high metabolism and that is why they don't live too long... a good life span is about 3 yrs.

Jade's mom!!! You must live on a farm or something!! I envy you. I am putting my pennies aside so one day I can buy a bit of land and have enough room for more children.

Just in case you are interested.... 10 days of human time is equal to 1 yr in a rat's life. Therefore ... 1 month of a rat's life is equal to 2.5 human yrs. When my Annie passed away she was 3 yrs old... equivalent to 85 - 90 yrs human life!

Debs... how does your cat get along with the birds!

Unread 02-26-2007   #9 (permalink)
Catrancher99

Y'know, it's kinda sad that the rats have such short lives. Cats too. I've often wished they lived as long as we humans do, because I feel so attached to them that like children (I have one son and a step-daughter) I'd like then to outlive me. Ah well, we'll all be together someday, HEY NONNY NONNY.

Unread 05-31-2007   #10 (permalink)
cookie_crumble_kitty

I have 2 dogs, Smudge a pure bred Blue Heeler and mouse a chi-hau-ha/maltese cross. i also have a pet Indian Laughing Turtle Dove which i rescude from cats at my brothers house. it had lost all of it's tail feathers and most of it's flight feathers and was pretty stressed. when i got it home i had to take out the feather stumpes on it's wings(i did this a week later as the stumpes where festering) and clip it's wings after it got them court in the cage bars. it's been 2 and a half months since i found him and now he acctualy has tail feathers again. His tail feathers have now grown back and his wings are getting pin feathers. I named him chook cause when i found him thats what he looked like.

Tags
amazing , animal , aquarium , attack , beautiful , birds , bite , black , breed , care , cat , cat lovers , cats , children , clean , clip , color , crazy , dog , dogs , female , fish , food , found , friendly , friends , girl , great , hey , home , house , interesting , joy , lost , love , mat , mixed breed , morning , mouse , pet , pictures , play , puppy , queen , sad , sleeping , small , smart , strays , type , wild , worry

Sponsored Cat Links