It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-07-2008   #1 (permalink)
kara_leigh

Default December birthdays??

Does anyone here have a birthday close to Christmas? If you do, does it bother you if you get Christmas related gifts, that you can only use on Christmas not all year long??

It has always bothered me when people either group my birthday in with Christmas or give me gifts I can only use on Christmas. My birthday is on Dec 13th...and I know I'm going to be 31 so I need to get over it, but it just bugs me. If your birthday is in July and someone gave you something you had to wait until Christmas to use, you would probably be a little ticked also.

Last year my mother got me a Willow Tree figurine nativity set for my birthday. I like it, don't get me wrong, but I can only use it for Christmas. This year again she is getting me more pieces for the nativity set (my hubby told me). AAARRGGHH!! It's irriating and drives me nuts. I guarantee if I bought something for her now that is Christmas related and gave it to her for her birthday in August it would make her very mad. Why is it okay for people to do it to me because my birthday is right before Christmas, but it's not okay if you do it to them???

There is a reason Christmas related decorations and our tree are not allowed to be put up before my birthday in our house.

Okay...rant over. lol

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 12-08-2008   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Wink

I'm glad my birthday is in September...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 12-08-2008   #3 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

Well Kara,as you know I'm on the 5th of the 5th,and no one has ever bought me something that I couldn't use til xmas,I can understand how you feel though love.My grandaughter,Keira was born on 15th Dec,she will be 4 next Monday.I have taken what you've said on board,I must remember never to do this to her.Thanks.xxxxx
Unread 12-08-2008   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Exclamation

Hi Cheryl!

You're a good Grandma!
Give my love to Keira in her Birthday!

Unread 12-08-2008   #5 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thankyou Maya,Keira doesn't call me Grandma,I am known as Nin.xxxxx
Unread 12-09-2008   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Question

Sorry, but what is Nin supposed to be??

Unread 12-09-2008   #7 (permalink)
kara_leigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by che View Post
Thankyou Maya,Keira doesn't call me Grandma,I am known as Nin.xxxxx
My sister in law's mother is from Britain, not sure where though, and my nieces call her "Nin-nin".

Last edited by kara_leigh; 12-09-2008 at 04:54 AM.

Unread 12-09-2008   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Talking

Ah I see, a local thing, thank you.

Unread 12-09-2008   #9 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

I didn't want to be called by the usual names a Grandmother is called.I wanted to carry on an old tradition,my Dad called his Grandmother,Nin.It was only because he couldn't say Nan,so it stuck.And now I am Nin,my Dad was very happy about it.And they call Phil,Pip.So we are known as,"Nin + Pip."xxxxx
Unread 12-09-2008   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Red face

Funny!

As you probably know, my grandmother was born in London. I called her Grandma Emily in English of course, in despite of the fact that I was talking in Spanish... She passed away when I was 7 years old.

Tags
birthday , book , box , christmas , fun , funny , gift , gifts , great , happy , hey , house , love , money , morning , nice , night , picture , pictures , problem

Sponsored Cat Links