Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum

Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum (http://www.i-love-cats.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.i-love-cats.com/forums/off-topic/)
-   -   Remembering my dad (http://www.i-love-cats.com/forums/off-topic/52688-remembering-my-dad.html)

Laura the spanish 12-09-2008 01:13 PM

Remembering my dad

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone! Today is a sad day for me: my dad passed away one year ago, today is the first anniversary. Time really passes by flying, but I think of him every day, he is always on my mind and my heart. I was his only daughter, I have no brothers or sisters, and we had a really special relationship. He was a good father and a good friend. He loved animals, specially dogs, cats and monkeys! He loved all the people, no matter if woman or man, white or black or arab or jewish, no matter if blind or handicapped, old or child. He always had a nice word to encourage and make laugh. Always fighting in a tough life he had to live. He was an emigrant but he never tried to take profit of it or complained about it, he just accepted life always with all the good and bad things. Never complaining but always fighting and laughing. And that's the way he left this world: happy and laughing, and then he fell asleep and woke up in a perfect place, embraced by our Lord Jesus, as he was dreaming all his life. He wanted to die sleeping and God gave him his wish. Now I know he is happy at Heaven, living with his mom and dad, his brother, his beloved ones that passed away before him... his beloved God he always served. And I know he is looking at me sometimes and I'm sure every time he does it, he smiles because now he really loves me like only a perfect person can do.

Sorry for the sad words, but I just wanted to make a little tribute from here.

Here's a pic of him.

Thanks for spending time reading this words.

I love you daddy. Wait for us till the Lord call us to His presence. Merry Christmas.

Laura

krzekmaya 12-09-2008 02:31 PM

Amen Laurita, amen! :|

GigiDieKatze 12-09-2008 06:03 PM

I am so sorry that your father passed away . . . . . yet, I know he is in a happy place.
I have not had anyone that close to me die, and I can't imagine what it will be like.
Love, kisses, best of wishes.

krzekmaya 12-10-2008 05:09 AM

Yes Laurita, your dad is waiting for you there. :)

Marry Xmas & a Happy New Year for you also! :p

Laura the spanish 12-10-2008 04:43 PM

Thank you for your words...

kathie 12-10-2008 09:50 PM

Cheer up! Your dad is surely in a better place now, better than what this Earth has to offer. :)

krzekmaya 12-11-2008 04:33 AM

Without any doubt! :p

che 12-11-2008 04:55 AM

This a very hard time for you Laura.Just before Christmas too!My heart goes out to you sweetheart.That is a lovely photo of your Dad.He was a handsome man.Take care,bye, Che.xxxxx

Laura the spanish 12-12-2008 07:03 AM

I really thank you all for your kind and encouraging words...

betor 406 12-12-2008 07:59 AM

Laura,

You had a beautiful relation with your Dad.
God Bless You Both,

Susan and Lady