It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-16-2008   #1 (permalink)
kara_leigh

Default My husband and son were in a car accident today. :(

Today I was supposed to take my son to school, then come home and take both cats to the vet at 9:45. I got up, and immediately my stomach started cramping and I felt like I was going to puke, so I quick grabbed my hubby and asked him to take DS to school and I ran to the bathroom.

It started snowing that soft, slick, fluffy snow about a 1/2 an hour before they left. Ten minutes later I get a call from my husband telling me they have been in an accident and his truck is totaled, about 1/2 mile from our house.

Some girl was going so fast in the snow and tried to turn, that even when my husband's truck (a 2000 Jeep Cherokee) was stopped, she still hit it so hard it is most likely totaled. She had tried to turn, and spun around and it was her rear passenger side corner of her Blazer that hit him. Even after she hit him, she was going so fast she spun back another 360 degrees!!

Everyone is okay, hubby is a little sore and DS was pretty shook up so we kept him home from school. The sucky thing is, that I am unemployed (been looking for a while) and my husband opened a new company a year ago and is just barely breaking even. He bought this truck for $5000 as a company vehicle when he first started, and if it is totaled he will get MAYBE $1800 from it. There is no way we can afford to get him a new one, and with the work he does he needs something big enough to transport big/long pieces of metal and plastic, so he can't just get a small car.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 12-16-2008   #2 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Oh no,how awful Kara.Thank God they weren't seriously injured.xxxxx
Unread 12-16-2008   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Oh Kara, sorry but this is what I call BAD LUCK! But thank God your hubby & son are Okay.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 12-16-2008   #4 (permalink)
kara_leigh

Well, everything that can be is situated so far. They towed my husband's truck, and he has a rental car already. Luckily he and the other driver both have insurance through the same place, so things were worked out quickly. The other driver was completely at fault, and has claimed full liability.

The cop that came on scene told my husband that he normally doesn't like to write tickets in snowy weather, but she was just a "f 'in idiot" (exact words from the cop's mouth). He wrote her a big FAT ticket. Serves her right. She wasn't even driving her own car, it was her boyfriends. My husband told me that she tried to just drive away but he somehow managed to get her to stay. Moron.

Unread 12-17-2008   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hi!

I'm glad that everything is Okay dear!

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 12-17-2008   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
maggiemay is on a distinguished road

I do hope the truck isn't totalled! But I am glad that your hubby and son are fine, did he have any cats with him? Are they ok?
Unread 01-02-2009   #7 (permalink)
Tonkinese and Siamese luv

Oh my goodness! That's horrible. I hope they are okay, and I hope that person is okay too!

Are they?

Unread 01-04-2009   #8 (permalink)
Scousemouse

Glad to hear your son and husband weren't hurt in the accident. Someone must have been looking out for them from above.

Tags
car , cats , fast , girl , hey , home , house , hurt , person , small , vehicle , vet

Sponsored Cat Links