It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-13-2009   #1 (permalink)
catz1

Question Help - new member questions!

I'm new so of course I have tons of questions but don't know who to ask. Sorry if most of you have read these before and even answered them but I can't find the answers anywhere. Maybe for the benefit for all new members we could have a seperate Help sections-just a suggestion

-Moderators: do we have them? I've seen Admin but that's it. I know what moderators do but don't know who they are.

-Gallery/Albums: I get the Album thingy but not the gallery. I don't know how you use or upload to that.

-Icons: under member name 2 are self explanitory but I don't understand the 'reputation' button.

-Signatures: How do some members have added sayings under their posts? How do you put them there?

Thanks to anyone who can help. I'm sure I'll have more later lol

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-13-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hi Cat!

I think I will be able to answer to some of your questions:

Moderators: we do have them but we don't know who they are.

Gallery: if you want to upload to the gallery you must go to Cat Pictures & in the right side of the screen below the 4th. cat pic you have Upload Photos; click there & follow the instr. in the next screen.

I never used the reputation button, sorry.

We cannot use avatars.

Signatures: Go to Quick Links & click on Edit Signature.

Hope it helps.
Good luck,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-13-2009   #3 (permalink)
catz1

Wow Maya! Very helpful and quick response! Thanks!

I'm a button pusher lol and of course I clicked on the 'reputation' on yours to see what it would do. A tiny screen pops up and says " did this post help? Approve, Disapprove and comment" Of couse I said Approve Not sure what it does after that but OK.

MAYA!!!

~Cat~

Unread 02-13-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

I just spent ten minutes writing a response, and when I hit reply it disappeared.

I HATE THAT!!!!!

The reputation point button is for letting someone know how much you liked his or her post. When a member gets a certain number of positive points, he or she gets another little green square, indicating that the members contributions have been well appreciated!.

You can use it because you found the post helpful, or because you agree with the poster's comment, or simply because you enjoyed the story or comment.

In this forum I think you get a notice if someone has left you a reputation point. You can view them in your User CP (control panel)

In another board I am a member of the negative rep option was removed as it was being used to slam people with hurtful or obscene comments, anonymously. The positive rep option remains.

I am on the fence about rep points. yes it's nice to get them, the positive ones. And give them. but in some forums it seems to create an atmosphere of competitiveness. Everyone wants to be the first to answer, and everyone wants to give the best answer. I've heard of some boards that have really complicated positive and negative points systems. those are not for me!

Like you, I have some confusion over gallery vs album. Maya has tried to explain it to me but I still really can't understand the difference, or why there are both. I'm thinking it may be that the the gallery does not have a limit on how many pics you can add, where as the album feature has a limit of 60 pictures. If this is not correct anyone should feel free to set the record straight!<s>

The fact that moderators are not visible is the one thing that I do not like about this forum. I think moderators should be active and visible. Who do we turn to if we have a problem? Admin? good luck, as I have never received a response when trying to get help via "admin".

Other than the lack of active visible moderators, I have found this to be a terrific place with friendly caring people.

Last edited by acerlt; 02-13-2009 at 09:41 PM.
Unread 02-13-2009   #5 (permalink)
catz1

LOL Acerlt, I clicked on the 'reputation' button on you anyway! Sorry, I'm just being a poo disturber and I agree with you, I don't like the competition. Forums are for people to share their views, ask questions, give advice, give support, tell their stories and sometimes just be silly together.

I also agree about the admin/moderator thing. Not sure why this forum works the way it does? But it is a wonderful forum full of caring and sweet people!

Unread 02-13-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by catz1 View Post
LOL Acerlt, I clicked on the 'reputation' button on you anyway! Sorry, I'm just being a poo disturber and I agree with you, I don't like the competition. Forums are for people to share their views, ask questions, give advice, give support, tell their stories and sometimes just be silly together.

I also agree about the admin/moderator thing. Not sure why this forum works the way it does? But it is a wonderful forum full of caring and sweet people!
thank you for the rep point!. don't worry I have used it here too. It can be a good thing if used properly. It makes you feel good to get a positive reputation point and that is always a good thing!

Yes, this is a good place. I've been trying on line pet forum communities for 13 years, and so far only three have stuck. One I've been with the full 13 years, many of us there have known eachother all these years, another I've been in for 2 years, but lately there's a lot of bickering so I started looking around again, and found this one, which I like very much.

Everyone has been very friendly and welcoming, and of course I've already gotten greatly attached to certain cats.

Funny how each place has it's own ..atmosphere.

Tags
advice , cat , cat pictures , cats , found , free , friendly , hey , links , love , new member , nice , photos , pictures , poo , problem , silly , stories , story , upload , worry

Sponsored Cat Links