It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-14-2009   #1 (permalink)
mynameis

Default Forum Posting.

I'll start by saying I love this forum and I find it has more spirit than other cat forums, but when I post or click a link the screen always turns white. When posting, the screen turns white and it doesn't post my response, instead it says "Stopped" at the bottom right corner of my browser. So instead, I have to click the back button to see that my post was posted. I don't mean to sound offensive or rude. It's not that big of a deal, but sometimes it can be a bit annoying.

It's might be the browser I'm using. I am using Mozilla Firefox, is anyone else having this problem? Is it the browser I'm using? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-14-2009   #2 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cheeky
Max24 is on a distinguished road

Hi,
Never had a problem with the screen going white or having to hit the back button. Mozilla is a great browser and less prone to 'invasion' than IE. Have you checked for Firefox updates? You could also try clearing your cache.

Let me know if you're still having problems. As well as being a kitty mom, I am a computer troubleshooter. PM me if it persists.

and. . .Welcome to the board!!!

And the Bridge Kids...♥♥♥Abbey, TC, Burger, Bella, Cali, Sarah, Hannah, DynahKathryn, Baybee and Puppy♥♥♥
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-14-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameis View Post
I'll start by saying I love this forum and I find it has more spirit than other cat forums, but when I post or click a link the screen always turns white. When posting, the screen turns white and it doesn't post my response, instead it says "Stopped" at the bottom right corner of my browser. So instead, I have to click the back button to see that my post was posted. I don't mean to sound offensive or rude. It's not that big of a deal, but sometimes it can be a bit annoying.

It's might be the browser I'm using. I am using Mozilla Firefox, is anyone else having this problem? Is it the browser I'm using? Does anyone know how to fix it?
I have some of the same problems, and use firefox also. since I don't have this trouble in other forums, I assumed it was the forum, didn't think about it may be the browser.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 02-14-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

okay I'm in IE (internet explorer)now. let me see what happens when I try to post this reply.......

<in edit> my reply showed up right away, I did not get the "loading" message and white page and have to refresh. hmmmm....I don't really care for IE, but may have to use it for just this forum, maybe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first

Last edited by acerlt; 02-14-2009 at 05:57 PM. Reason: follow up
Unread 02-15-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Question

Never happened to me this "screen turns white" thing

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 02-15-2009   #6 (permalink)
catz1

Hi Laurie

I've never gotten a white screen but I use IE. Not sure I like it because it tends to freeze up a lot I know it isn't this forum, it happens in lots of different sites.

Max, what's 'invasion'?

Unread 02-15-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Well after all this I've decided to use IE for just this forum. otherwise I prefer firefox, though I've been having people tell me lately to use google Chrome instead, haven't tried it yet, any one used Chrome Browser?
Unread 02-15-2009   #8 (permalink)
mynameis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max24 View Post
Hi,
Never had a problem with the screen going white or having to hit the back button. Mozilla is a great browser and less prone to 'invasion' than IE. Have you checked for Firefox updates? You could also try clearing your cache.

Let me know if you're still having problems. As well as being a kitty mom, I am a computer troubleshooter. PM me if it persists.

and. . .Welcome to the board!!!
Thanks everyone for the response!
I always have Firefox updated, as I live with two computer geniuses.
It's really not too big a deal, since my post does get posted.
I just have to click the back button.

I think I'll just use IE, but only for this site since I know it's safe.
I had problems in the past with viruses-the annoying ones-because of IE.

Unread 02-15-2009   #9 (permalink)
Top Cat

catlover83 is on a distinguished road

I prefer Firefox over IE cuz it loads faster. Chrome Browser is garbage...
The night runs over him
like dark water

- Pablo Neruda

|

|
Unread 02-16-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

I, too have noticed IE is slower loading, and have already lost patience with it and have gone back to firefox for this forum, even though I have to use the back button and refresh to see my submitted posts.

So you don't like Chrome eh? What's wrong with it? (I haven't tried it)

Tags
art , care , cat , computer , found , great , hey , internet , kitty , lost , love , pictures , problem , problems , upload , videos

Sponsored Cat Links