It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-17-2009   #1 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Default Fibromyalgia

An attack is sudden and crushes the life out of me. I am on my third pain pill for the day. It's difficult to be positive and celebrate life and all the good in my world when I am in so much pain.

My kitties hover around me and want to sleep on top of me like always but seem to understand when I tell them they are too heavy, and instead, array themselves to the sides of me or nearby on the back of the couch.

everything hurts everything hurts everything hurts
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-17-2009   #2 (permalink)
catz1

I can't even imagine the pain you're in! It must be brutal! When I don't feel well I'm super crabby! I'm sure the last thing you want to hear is an I'm sorry so I won't say that but rather tell ya that if ya need someone to talk to, a shoulder, I'm a great listener. Pain sux!

Hugs from me..purrs from Maggie

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-18-2009   #3 (permalink)
Top Cat

Lyka_01 is on a distinguished road

I know its really hurts acerlt...
Hope you will be fine soon...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
||
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If animals could speak the dog would be a a blundering outspoken fellow, but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much."
Unread 02-18-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

OMG, hope you'll feel better soon!

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 02-18-2009   #5 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

Oh no dear,this is awful,I have heard you can be in pain for months.I hope you will be ok.Thinking of you dear.xxxxx
Unread 02-18-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thanks everybody. It's been a long time since I had such a painful attack. I just found out there's a storm coming, so that may have something to do with it. Weather change often affects me in a negative way.

That and I have been working very hard lately. Not that I don't always, but I had a cold last month which caused me some loss of income, so I was trying to recover that by taking on extra work. As usual it back fired. If I hadn't had to cancel today's morning job I would have been back within my budget, darn it all.

but no way I can work this morning.

Thank you for your sympathy, it helps to know people care!
Unread 02-19-2009   #7 (permalink)
draconvarie

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerlt View Post
An attack is sudden and crushes the life out of me. I am on my third pain pill for the day. It's difficult to be positive and celebrate life and all the good in my world when I am in so much pain.

My kitties hover around me and want to sleep on top of me like always but seem to understand when I tell them they are too heavy, and instead, array themselves to the sides of me or nearby on the back of the couch.

everything hurts everything hurts everything hurts
Oh my goodness. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 6 years ago and I'm in a lot of pain on a daily basis. I understand completely what you're going through. Pain pills never help me. I didn't realize that you also were diagnosed with FMS. I am unable to hold down a job anymore, it's so bad.

My sympathies...if you ever need a shoulder to cry on...

Unread 02-20-2009   #8 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

My sympathies for the both of you in so much pain.xxxxx
Unread 02-20-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

maggiemay is on a distinguished road

I also have fibromyalgia, and osteo-athritis, and unfortunately most pain meds are asprin based and they don't agree with me, also one Dr told me that if I can't pronounce it (fibromyalgia) then I don't have it! Wonder if that would work with say cancer or ms or some such?! No didn't think so! Hope you feel better soon.
Former mom to: Rosie, Tigger, Samson, Smokey, Maggiemay, Tasha, Abby, Coco, SmokeyJr, Merlin, and Merlin Jr, Gracie, and Samson Jr, I left you all in Canada with the exception of Rosie and Tigger who I know are no longer with us! I hope that you are all happy, and I'm sorry I couldn't bring you with me!
Unread 02-20-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by draconvarie View Post
Oh my goodness. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 6 years ago and I'm in a lot of pain on a daily basis. I understand completely what you're going through. Pain pills never help me. I didn't realize that you also were diagnosed with FMS. I am unable to hold down a job anymore, it's so bad.

My sympathies...if you ever need a shoulder to cry on...
Thank you Susie, I am fortunate that I can still work, usually. I get sick time with my real job but I clean to make ends meet, and those jobs, if I don't work I don't get paid.

Aw well, it's only money. I thought I was feeling better yesterday but bad again today. The up and down weather has a lot to do with it. And you know what the worst part is? I don't have anything good to read!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiemay View Post
I also have fibromyalgia, and osteo-athritis, and unfortunately most pain meds are asprin based and they don't agree with me, also one Dr told me that if I can't pronounce it (fibromyalgia) then I don't have it! Wonder if that would work with say cancer or ms or some such?! No didn't think so! Hope you feel better soon.
Hi Maggiemay, yes I have osteo also, in conjunction with the FM. I've actually had arthritis since I was in my twenties. I'm 48 now. That is mostly manageable with prescription strength ibuprofen. I don't have a very high tolerance for pain. the pain pills the doc gives me for bad FM flare ups, darvocet, don't do much but make me sleep, but at least sleep is restorative, and if I'm sleeping I'm not feeling.

It's bitter out there today and I wish I didn't have to go out at all, but there is one job I don't want to cancel, it's only two hours so I think I can manage.

Tags
attack , care , clean , cold , family , found , friends , great , health , hey , kitties , loss , mess , money , morning , pill , pills , problems , sick , sleep , sleeping , weight

Sponsored Cat Links