It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-26-2009   #1 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking Do you have any recipes to share???

Baked Pasta with Cauliflower and Cheese

White Sauce

½ cup butter
½ cup flour
1 quart
1 ½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
Pinch of nut meg
Salt and pepper to taste

¼ cup vegetable oil
4 cups chopped onions
3 garlic cloves minced
½ cup fresh basil chopped
1 large head of cauliflower in into florets
6 ripe tomatoes chopped
3 tablespoons lemon juice

1 pound medium pasta shells

1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella
Seasoned bread crumbs

To prepare the white sauce, melt the butter in a heavy saucepan on medium heat. Sprinkle in the flower, whisking or stirring constantly until a smooth paste is formed. Add the heated milk slowly, one cup at a time, whisking until the sauce begins to thicken. Add the mustard, nutmeg, salt and pepper and let the sauce thicken on low heat. Remove from heat and cover.

Sauté the onions, garlic and basil in oil. When the onions are translucent add the cauliflower and sauté 5 minutes more. Add tomatoes and simmer until the cauliflower is tender.

Cook pasta and drain.

In a large bowl combine the pasta, sautéed vegetables and lemon juice. Mix in the white sauce. Put half the pasta mixture in an oiled baking dish. Sprinkle on half of each cheese. Add the rest of the pasta mixture and then the rest of the cheese. Top with seasoned bread crumbs and bake covered at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes and then uncovered for 15 minutes until bubbling and golden brown.

Serves 6-8

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-26-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thumbs up

What to do with Leftover mashed potatoes -- from Jacque Pepin:

4 cups of mashed potatoes
3 large eggs
2/3 cup shredded cheese (his recipe calls for Swiss, but I use cheddar)
Additional 1/2 cup or so of cheese for top.
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

Grease a casserole pan with butter (I use my 9x9 stoneware pan). Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Take the potatoes, eggs, cheese and seasoning in a food processor and pulse to incorporate the eggs and cheese (6-7 pulses). Turn it into the greased casserole. I usually add additional cheese for the top. Bake in the 400 degree oven for 30-35 minutes

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-26-2009   #3 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cheeky
Max24 is on a distinguished road

Maya...now I'm hungry. The first one looks delicious, and as you know, I don't eat meat. I may just have to make it this weekend.

No recipes to share right now, but I do have one similar with a white sauce that calls for chicken (which I either omit or pick out). I'll dig it out over the weekend.

Thanks sweetie!

And the Bridge Kids...♥♥♥Abbey, TC, Burger, Bella, Cali, Sarah, Hannah, DynahKathryn, Baybee and Puppy♥♥♥
Unread 02-26-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Talking

You welcome!!! and I have more. To be continued...

Unread 02-27-2009   #5 (permalink)
Top Cat

Lyka_01 is on a distinguished road

Sound delicious and I think it is very easy to do...
I want to try this one...

||

"If animals could speak the dog would be a a blundering outspoken fellow, but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much."
Unread 02-27-2009   #6 (permalink)
Kitten

rainydays is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to rainydays Send a message via Yahoo to rainydays Send a message via Skype™ to rainydays
Question

ok,this looks very yummy!now,this message is on the front page!please inform me how you posted it on the front page??????????????
Unread 02-27-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydays View Post
ok,this looks very yummy!now,this message is on the front page!please inform me how you posted it on the front page??????????????
Below in this page you have "Cat Forums Jump". I chose "Off topic" & "New Thread"; that's all. Good luck,

Unread 02-27-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thumbs up

English Trifle

1 6 oz pkg ladyfingers
Raspberry jam
1/4 cup sherry
1 16 oz tin sliced peaches

2 cups custard sauce
1 cup heavy cream, whipped
Toasted slivered almonds
Candied cherries

Sandwich the ladyfingers together with a thick layer of jam. Arrange on the bottom of a pretty glass serving bowl, cutting where necessary for a good fit. Sprinkle with sherry.
Drain the juice off the peaches and pat out moisture with paper toweling. Arrange in a layer over the ladyfingers.

Pour hot custard sauce over peaches, putting a sliver knife under the glass bowl to prevent it from cracking. Refrigerate for some hours or overnight.

Custard sauce made from a powder is quite acceptable if extra salt and vanilla are added to ensure a good flavour.

What I like best about this dessert, besides it tasting so great, is I can substitute cake for the ladyfingers, fruit cocktail for the peaches, and I can top the dessert with shaved chocolate if I dont want to use almonds and candied cherries. Be creative or just make a quick dessert. Any will do and will always taste great. Enjoy!

Unread 02-27-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Texas Chili
1lb lean hamburger
1 can Rotel tomatoes (stewed tomatoes with green chilies)
1/2 small chopped onion
3 T or to taste good chili powder
1 can pinto beans (Ranch Style Beans preferred)
3-5 oz of picante sauce (Pace if you can find it)
1 bean can plus bean can filled with water.
Brown the hamburger with onion and chili powder. Add beans and bean 'water' and Picante. Let it simmer at least an hour. The longer it simmers-the better it will be.
Top with shredded cheese and some sour cream.
Any left overs...add lots of shredded cheese to it the next day and make a dip-to be eatten with chips. Yummy cold weather food.
Can made guacamole to go with it...super easy
1 ripe avacado peeled - cut in half...remove seed
1 8oz package of cream cheese
1T finely diced onion
juice of 1/2 lemon
Mix all this together in a food processor or blender until smooth...Pour into serving bowl and top with chili powder...eat with chips.It doesn't 'stay' very well...so just go ahead and eat the dip up the first day...Enjoy

Unread 02-27-2009   #10 (permalink)
merry56

Default recipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzekmaya View Post
Baked Pasta with Cauliflower and Cheese

White Sauce

½ cup butter
½ cup flour
1 quart
1 ½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
Pinch of nut meg
Salt and pepper to taste

¼ cup vegetable oil
4 cups chopped onions
3 garlic cloves minced
½ cup fresh basil chopped
1 large head of cauliflower in into florets
6 ripe tomatoes chopped
3 tablespoons lemon juice

1 pound medium pasta shells

1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella
Seasoned bread crumbs

To prepare the white sauce, melt the butter in a heavy saucepan on medium heat. Sprinkle in the flower, whisking or stirring constantly until a smooth paste is formed. Add the heated milk slowly, one cup at a time, whisking until the sauce begins to thicken. Add the mustard, nutmeg, salt and pepper and let the sauce thicken on low heat. Remove from heat and cover.

Sauté the onions, garlic and basil in oil. When the onions are translucent add the cauliflower and sauté 5 minutes more. Add tomatoes and simmer until the cauliflower is tender.

Cook pasta and drain.

In a large bowl combine the pasta, sautéed vegetables and lemon juice. Mix in the white sauce. Put half the pasta mixture in an oiled baking dish. Sprinkle on half of each cheese. Add the rest of the pasta mixture and then the rest of the cheese. Top with seasoned bread crumbs and bake covered at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes and then uncovered for 15 minutes until bubbling and golden brown.

Serves 6-8

wow, all these recipes sound delicious!! I can't wait to try some of th

Tags
addition , age , baby , baking soda , bat , bath , bite , black , box , brown , business , changed , christmas , clean , cold , color , cool , cut , diet , dry , eating , egg , eyes , fashion , favorites , fiber , fire , food , found , friends , great , happy , heat , hey , home , house , joy , kitty , lazy , love , mistake , mouse , new york , nice , night , over night , picture , print , queen , raw , save , scratch , small , stop , traditional , turkey , type , water , why? , worry

Sponsored Cat Links