It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-15-2009   #11 (permalink)
britty3189

Haha! They wish!

Unfortunately, the downside to my talent is we must use raw eggs, and then blow the yolk and white out of the shell...sometimes eggs get cracked, or the shell blows up...

This one cracked, and part of the finish got ruined, because the egg insides make the dyes run. This egg would have been beautiful, too.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-16-2009   #12 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Sounds very complicated and difficult to empty the egg... luckily you started early when you're still a toddler..otherwise, I'm not sure who would be able to learn this extremelely delicate skill (not to mention the art), but this is really a good art to be passed down ! BTW, are you from Ukranian ?
Good luck for your next piece..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-16-2009   #13 (permalink)
britty3189

Emptying the egg isn't terrible. It's gotten better with some tools that are designed to blow out the egg, but it still has its risks. I just made up some new dyes last week. The dyes are vegetable based so they need to be changed out frequently, otherwise they become less effective and icky.

So far, aside from my cousin who taught me and does them occasionally, I'm the only one that's picked up this skill and stuck with it. My mom can do the eggs, but she just doesnt have the patience like I do. I like it, it gives me a chance to relax, and I'm proud of the work I do.

And no, unfortuantely, I wasn't born in the Ukraine. My grandma and her sister were born in Germany, when my great grandparents were on their way to the United States during the time of World War II. When they got here, knowing another language wasn't as accepted as it is today, so my grandma never put her children or me in Ukrainian School, so we never learned the language or much about the culture. I would have loved to go and learned to speak Ukrainian though. I am very good with languages and pick up quickly, I've just never gotten a chance to learn the languages I've wanted.

I do know a little bit of German, which is an incredibly simple language to learn, and I hope to become fluent in it in the future.

Unread 04-16-2009   #14 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Cool Cool !

Quote:
Originally Posted by britty3189 View Post
And no, unfortuantely, I wasn't born in the Ukraine. My grandma and her sister were born in Germany, when my great grandparents were on their way to the United States during the time of World War II. When they got here, knowing another language wasn't as accepted as it is today, so my grandma never put her children or me in Ukrainian School, so we never learned the language or much about the culture. I would have loved to go and learned to speak Ukrainian though. I am very good with languages and pick up quickly, I've just never gotten a chance to learn the languages I've wanted.

I do know a little bit of German, which is an incredibly simple language to learn, and I hope to become fluent in it in the future
Incredible, you are not only art genius, but also language master ! Then, try Chinese, Hebrew and Arabic, the most difficult languages on earth...
As for me, I started to learn Chinese when I was 18 years old, and the first 6 months I got very stressful and frustrated, I almost gave up...
My grandparents encouraged me to learn our "mother" tongue..hehehe.. I managed to master some conversational chinese, but still have difficulties in recognizing the complicated characters... (they have simplified and traditional forms). Even my dad is more westernized than chinese.. LOL..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 04-16-2009   #15 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

PS : Believe it or not, I started to pick up some kitty meow language since my 1st kitty, Princess Tiger came into my life, she's a very vocal kitty, she helped me exercise every day ...hehehe...!

Unread 04-16-2009   #16 (permalink)
britty3189

I only took one semester of German in high school, but I never took my books or notes home to study. I just learned everything in the short 50 minutes we had for class, and my teacher ADORED me. He always encouraged me to continue in college, so I think when I do start another semester in college, I'm going to go for German.

I would love to learn Ukrainian, German, and French. I probably will stick to just one, which will be German, but that's OK. I'd like to travel to Germany one day, and so would my husband.

I think I'll make another egg tonight, so more pictures may be on their way.

Unread 04-16-2009   #17 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Yes you are very talented - these are so intricate! I have a friend who decorates goose egg shells but not painting - with materials and braid. I applaud anyone who has the flair and patience to create such works of art - I do not have it in me!

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Unread 04-16-2009   #18 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
maggiemay is on a distinguished road

I am totally useless at artistic stuff, I'm total klutz
Former mom to: Rosie, Tigger, Samson, Smokey, Maggiemay, Tasha, Abby, Coco, SmokeyJr, Merlin, and Merlin Jr, Gracie, and Samson Jr, I left you all in Canada with the exception of Rosie and Tigger who I know are no longer with us! I hope that you are all happy, and I'm sorry I couldn't bring you with me!
Unread 04-16-2009   #19 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
I just learned everything in the short 50 minutes we had for class, and my teacher ADORED me.

I ADORE you too... And looking forward to viewing more pictures of your next piece !

Heidi & Supersmithy : I don't have the skill and especially patience in me too...

Unread 04-16-2009   #20 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
I
But how will you be able to do it with kitties around ?

Tags
art , beautiful , books , car , changed , children , cool , egg , friends , great , happy , hey , home , joy , kitties , kitty , love , meow , painting , person , pictures , problem , raw , tale , traditional , travel , vocal

Sponsored Cat Links