It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-04-2009   #1 (permalink)
Tonka

Default Why are my posts being screened?

I just made a reply to a post, and it said it has to be approved by a moderator before it can be posted. I didn't notice this before. Why now? Did something change?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-04-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka View Post
Yep, my posts are definitely being screened in the "Best Cat Food" thread. Someone please tell me why.
That happened to me also, especially when you're trying to post some links. I think the bottom line is the mod wants to make sure our posts will not affect the reputation of certain products or sites or companies or whatever, before they release it (or they think the content might be contoversial). But so far, they never release what they censored.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-04-2009   #3 (permalink)
Tonka

Bummer. Sort of makes the point of having a discussion forum kind of moot.
I have been on countless forums and have played by many moderator's rules, but I don't believe in censorship of healthy discussion. There was nothing wrong going on in that thread, we were discussing cat foods. If people are not allowed to discuss this very basic and important topic openly and freely, I don't think I have any use for this forum.

Unread 07-04-2009   #4 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Exclamation

It is to prevent spam, where new users sign up just to post spam links.

after you make more posts you will be able post them.
Unread 07-04-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
It is to prevent spam, where new users sign up just to post spam links.

after you make more posts you will be able post them.
But am I still considered a new user ? That 'approval' thing still happened recently. I believe all my posts are considered 'healthy' topic.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 07-04-2009   #6 (permalink)
Tonka

Okay. I'm sorry if I came across as rude. I didn't understand this was a rule for newcomers. I thought I was being censored for what I was saying!

Tags
cat , cat food , food , healthy , hey , links

Sponsored Cat Links