It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-09-2009   #1 (permalink)
krq11zipe

Unhappy Alfa male marking...and Calico Kittens

In April I had to bring my Mom's cats to live with me. My alfa male is marking the pt beds. My mother's youngest cat has been bitten on his back twice, the last time badly several weeks ago...I am treating it with it is slowly healing.....any advice would be appreciated....HELP!!!!

I must downsize and have many Calico Kitten fiqurines, contact me privately regarding these.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-09-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

CamiDante is on a distinguished road

My first question to you: is your male neutered? Un-neutered males tend to be more territorial then neutered males, hence the marking.
As for the biting, could it be play-bites? Watch them when they are together, armed with a squirt bottle (I use a small super-soaker water gun) and use it if you feel they are being aggressive or too rough.
Unread 07-09-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

I would ask the same question as Crystal and if he isn't neutered, you should go and get that fixed asap
Unread 07-09-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Crystal and Katrine have mentioned about the neuter part.

Now the only thing I would mention is : This aggressiveness towards other cats is also a sign of being territorial, (not only marking), so, please treat him as an anxious, stressed kitty too. This could be dangerous, as you said he bit the youngest kitty, and the kitty was wounded by the biting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-09-2009   #5 (permalink)
krq11zipe

Smile Markings of my Alfa

First, let me thank you all for the quick response. All eleven cats have been neutered, spayed and are inside cats. I am relieved to know that I have been doing the right things, the spray bottle, the discipline,
the extra attention to the alfa. The cats range in age from 11 to 3 years of age. It is hard to say if the Alfa is the biter, I have witnessed a couple of the other males begin to chase him until I intervene. He, Precious, yowels if any come near him, even my little old sweet female, Biscuit. Today all the beds were washed and sprinkled with cat nip, lets see if that will stop the marking.

Thanks again on behalf of Petey, Luna, Lucky, Jake, Biscuit, Fric, Frac, Jack, Pebbles and Precious...of course me too!!

Unread 07-09-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

I'm glad you're on the right track of what to do You should check for UTI, if it doesn't stop though. I didn't know spraying cat nip on the places being marked helps?

If I counted correctly you have 10 cats? You must be entertained all day long then! I'd be in heaven with 10 cats, minus the vacuuming, hehe
Unread 07-09-2009   #7 (permalink)
krq11zipe

You are sooooooooooo right, vacumming is a constant, but much better since I got a Dyson animal. You were also right about the number, I do have 11, I forgot to list Sheman....(so furry could not tell if he or she...hence the name) sweet, sweet, sweet cat. Showed up at my home while I was out of town last Sept. Full blooded blue eyed (slightly crossed) himilayan. Right from the beginning he was friendly, petable and groomable. Was sleeping in my laudry room, then started limping....infected paw. Vet said he was at least 5-7 y/o with a heart condition, so I brought him inside takes meds daily like a champ. Petey, the oldest, marks the bed Sheman likes to sleep on. I hope with time things will settle. Biscuit, my little one has a lung tumor of some kind. I have known since Dec., she has lost wgt but is still active and hungry, she will especially break my heart when she goes. Those remaining will help me over that hump. Thanks for all the helpful comments.

Unread 07-09-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

You're a great person to offer these kits wonderful lifes and a loving home. I admire you taking care of cats with cancer and heart conditions.

Yes, you must be doing a lot of grooming! Do you have many long haired kits? Oh and I'd love to see pics of all of them
Unread 07-09-2009   #9 (permalink)
krq11zipe

Sheman is my only long hair, all the rest are short hair. I will try to upload some pictures with my new camera within the next week still a little green with it.

Unread 07-09-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

I'll be looking forward to it What is your name btw? I'm Katrine and am owned by Anastasia a long haired lady that hates to be groomed, hehe. Luckily you don't have to struggle that much, since most of your fur babies are short haired.

Tags
advice , age , aggressive , animal , another cat , attacking , beds , bites , box , breeders , care , cat , cat lovers , cat nip , cats , female , friendly , fur , furniture , great , growling , hiding , hissing , home , informative , jack , kitten , kittens , licking , litter , litter boxes , litterbox problems , lost , lucky , male , mat , neuter , paw , pee , pictures , play , problem , problems , save , senior , shelter , sick , sleeping , small , spayed , stop , stress , struggle , type , upload , uti , vet , vocal , wake

Sponsored Cat Links