It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-09-2009   #1 (permalink)
Refused Autopsy

Default For KatrineA

Did your Moms house guest look like this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cat forum lizard.jpg (20.2 KB, 10 views)

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-09-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refused Autopsy View Post
Did your Moms house guest look like this?
Thank you for making a post about this!
The body resembles it, I'm not sure about the head. I swear, I will go to visit them next week and try to find a pic. I know exactly which album it is located in.
Unread 07-09-2009   #3 (permalink)
Refused Autopsy

Cool!! I will look forward to it. The one pictured is a Sailfin Lizard (AKA Sailfin Dragon). They are from the Phillipines and eat both plants and insects. They are actually horribly expensive on the pet market and can be relatively tame. I just thought it fit your description of it being huge, local and hanging out by the lights to catch bugs.... How smart is that?!!

Isn't he beautiful!!!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-09-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

It made a deep "Gecko" sound, I can recall that. It wasn't really a pet, it sort of just decided to live there, hehe. Nobody could reach it without a ladder, so this one wasn't tame. We were also surrounded by small soft lizards all over. I used to try to catch them the first time I went there, I was 9. But I stopped doing it, coz I found out they could die from the shock of being caught.

They were all quite charming and it was fun watching them catch flies and insects when it was dark and they kept close to lights.

I preferred watching them there and not the cats, because the cats there made me depressed. All skinny and homeless. I even felt bad after trying to feed some of them, coz I knew no one would care for them after I'd go home again. The same goes for the dogs.
Unread 07-10-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Cool!! I will look forward to it. The one pictured is a Sailfin Lizard (AKA Sailfin Dragon). They are from the Phillipines and eat both plants and insects. They are actually horribly expensive on the pet market and can be relatively tame. I just thought it fit your description of it being huge, local and hanging out by the lights to catch bugs.... How smart is that?!!

Isn't he beautiful!!!
My goodness ! Did you notice that Katrine ? They are from the Philippines, and are horribly expensive ! No kidding - if it is the same breed - better let you mom know ! She may want to treat this 'guest' like a VIP !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 07-10-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene Jims View Post
My goodness ! Did you notice that Katrine ? They are from the Philippines, and are horribly expensive ! No kidding - if it is the same breed - better let you mom know ! She may want to treat this 'guest' like a VIP !
I don't think he's there anymore though. He disappeared into the wall after they re-built the house. You could see his tail sticking out at times. But that was 6 years ago. The last time I went to visit I didn't see him anywhere, that was around 2.5 years ago.
Unread 07-10-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrineA View Post
I don't think he's there anymore though. He disappeared into the wall after they re-built the house. You could see his tail sticking out at times. But that was 6 years ago. The last time I went to visit I didn't see him anywhere, that was around 2.5 years ago.
That's so sad .. Aaarrgghhh ! You lost your mom's VIP guest !!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 07-16-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

I have a picture, but it's more blurred and unclear that I could remember. I stayed with my parents for a few hours yesterday and I didn't have time to go through all of their boxes, hehe. I only found this one.

Unread 07-23-2009   #9 (permalink)
Refused Autopsy

He looks like a Tokay Gecko. I have several friends who keep them...they are beautiful!!!
tokay 1.jpg
tokay 2.jpg

This is Jamies tokay....I think he sold him recently for about $85, though. They have a reputation for being similar to "steroid raging crocs"...ha!!! So new reptile keepers avoid them, usually. I have heard of a few that have "tamed" down and seem to like to watch their owners.

Unread 07-23-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
He looks like a Tokay Gecko. I have several friends who keep them...they are beautiful!!!
Attachment 1178
Attachment 1179

This is Jamies tokay....I think he sold him recently for about $85, though. They have a reputation for being similar to "steroid raging crocs"...ha!!! So new reptile keepers avoid them, usually. I have heard of a few that have "tamed" down and seem to like to watch their owners.
Nice! I didn't know they were aggressive though That's probably why my uncle asked me to watch my head when it was sitting on the wall for a slight moment. They called this type of reptile Toko in their language. So it sounds like the right one! Do they change colors or have different colors?

Tags
aggressive , beautiful , box , breed , care , cats , cool , depressed , dogs , found , friends , fun , hey , homeless , house , kitties , lost , natural , opinion , pet , picture , sad , small , smart , type

Sponsored Cat Links