It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-19-2009   #1 (permalink)
seasonedwthsalt

Default Fleas off topic?

Hi, I am new to the forum. I was searching for a forum about fleas. I'll go ahead, and jump right into my question. I have 12 cats. Last year we had a "cattery". It was a large outside enclosure that we built onto an existing shed. Here in Alabama we had a horrible flea problem last year. It wasn't just me. Everyone was having this flea problem. I brought my cats in, but nothing we did outside would even make a dent in getting rid of the fleas. We would walk out there, and they would jump on us. We could see them. Ok, so here is my problem. My cats are inside my house still since last July, a year ago. We were going to expand the "cattery", but haven't had a chance yet. I am using Frontline Plus on the cats, and my dog. I have 2 cats that stay outside, and my dog stays out during the day coming in at night. My cats have finally stopped itching so much, but I am being bitten on my nose, inside my nose, and on my face when I am sleeping! The thing is that I see NO fleas. I haven't seen fleas in a while. There are even none outside. I see no flea poop. There are none on the animals. I can't understand what keeps biting me. Do any of you have that problem or have had that problem? What can I do to find out if it is a flea that is biting me. I think they are a new kind of flea with cloaking abilities! I have to get something done about this being that I am sick of my nose being bitten. It really hurts! Ok, I can keep going on and on about it. Thanks for listening, and hopefully some of you will know what to tell me!

Thanks again,

Wendy

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-20-2009   #2 (permalink)
Cool Cat

lovemeow is on a distinguished road

It seems like your problem is quite severe. You might want to get an exterminator to help you get rid of those small critters.

Here is a link to a very helpful article regarding how to fix flea problem in your home:

LoveMeow.com/health/how-to-fix-flea-problem-in-your-home/

Often time we don't see fleas on our pets, but they may be there. The reference has some information about how fleas find their target and why they are so hard to detect. Finally how to get rid of them.

Hope it helps.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- my blog dedicated to our furry buddies
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~|
|~
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-20-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

I agree. You need an exterminator to bomb all your house & Frontine for each one of your cats. No other chance if you want to get rid of the fleas.

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 07-20-2009   #4 (permalink)
seasonedwthsalt

Thank you so much for answering me. I was kind of embarrassed to ask, but something has to be done. I'll call an exterminator today, and read that link that was provided. I already put Frontline Plus on all of the animals. I am hoping they can spray the yard, too, for fleas. I don't have a problem with anything else. Well, I do have a lot of spiders! ew! Ok, I'll let you all know what happens!

Wendy

Unread 07-20-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Hope to hear some good news soon ! And let God do the miracle too for you .. through the exterminator ...

Unread 07-20-2009   #6 (permalink)
seasonedwthsalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene Jims View Post
Hope to hear some good news soon ! And let God do the miracle too for you .. through the exterminator ...
Now what would make you say something like "and let God do the miracle too for you... through the exterminator"? I ask this because I have been praying that God would please get rid of my fleas. I was hoping, if I do in fact have them, that he'd just zap them for me! I know He can do it! hahah!

Yes, I am a born again believer in Jesus Christ, and I do think he can do that kind of stuff if he chooses. Nevertheless, exterminators are good for something, too! hahah. I just thought it was funny.

Wendy

Unread 07-20-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasonedwthsalt View Post
Now what would make you say something like "and let God do the miracle too for you... through the exterminator"? I ask this because I have been praying that God would please get rid of my fleas. I was hoping, if I do in fact have them, that he'd just zap them for me! I know He can do it! hahah!

Yes, I am a born again believer in Jesus Christ, and I do think he can do that kind of stuff if he chooses. Nevertheless, exterminators are good for something, too! hahah. I just thought it was funny.

Wendy
Hi Wendy ! Glad that you are also a Christian cat lover. There are quite a number of believers too here, and I am one of them. I am a prayerful person myself.. so I think it's normal for God to speed up or maximized His help through our circumstances... and will send people to help us, in order to accomplish His purrfect will ! So why can't He do it through the exterminator ? Hehe !

And I love this motto : You do your best, and let God take the rest !

Unread 07-20-2009   #8 (permalink)
seasonedwthsalt

That's great to know! I am glad I found the forum now. It takes a load off of my mind. I just found a good pest control place that only charges $55 to start, and $30 a month after that, and it includes flea control. Of course, the outside will be a little more, but it's worth it. I'll have to see when I can pay to have that done. Thank you guys so much for helping me! I certainly will let you know if the biting stops after I get them in here. I also posted another thread about stinky cat poop, but I haven't been notified if it was approved or not yet. hahaha!

Talk to you all soon,

Wendy

Unread 07-21-2009   #9 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Hi Wendy,welcome.I'm Cheryl.
Hope the exterminator has got rid of all those pesky little nuisances for you dear.
Do you want to introduce all your furbabies to us?xxxxx
Unread 07-21-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
maggiemay is on a distinguished road

Hi, Wendy I'm Emma you have a lot of cats and problems with fleas, hopefully once the exterminator has been and sorted them out you won't get bitten anymore.
Former mom to: Rosie, Tigger, Samson, Smokey, Maggiemay, Tasha, Abby, Coco, SmokeyJr, Merlin, and Merlin Jr, Gracie, and Samson Jr, I left you all in Canada with the exception of Rosie and Tigger who I know are no longer with us! I hope that you are all happy, and I'm sorry I couldn't bring you with me!

Tags
art , babies , birds , biting , care , cat , cat poop , cats , cleaning , color , dog , fleas , found , frontline , fun , funny , great , hey , home , house , missing , money , nice , night , nose , person , poop , problem , problems , question , sick , sleeping , small , smell , spayed , story

Sponsored Cat Links