It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-21-2009   #1 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Default This forum is driving me crazy

I love this place, I really do! I have good friends here and feel attached to all the furry members too.

But it doens't work right and it drives me crazy. It's slow to load, pages constantly have to be refreshed, posts don't show up...and now this new thing...grrrr...

......I click on something, a link say, or a page number or even post reply and an advertisement fills the screen. When that happens there is no way that I have found to get back to the page I was on. (it just happened again, is why I am spurred to write this right now)

This is why I don't come in as often as I'd like to, and why I don't linger when I do. I have so little time to give to my internet fun, I just don't always have the patience to come in.

Then I miss important threads where I could have been of help, or someone's loss that I never got to offer my condolences to. And so on.

If anyone can share how to make this website operate more smoothly I would be so grateful!

Thanks for listening to my little rant.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-21-2009   #2 (permalink)
Cool Cat

PantherPride is on a distinguished road

I hear you,lol. I just put up with it and enjoy what I can.

Its like growing trees in pots, Sometimes it DOES work... other times...well.... you get my drift
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-21-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

It's so unpredictable - I posted something similar a while back. Sometimes I post and all I get is "loading" for several minutes sometimes.

I don't know what the answer is - we all seem to use different servers but get the same problems

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Unread 07-21-2009   #4 (permalink)
blueynevey

Poor Dear!!!!!! I can truly sympathize with you because I am God's most IMpatient person on earth! I am as ADHD as my little boy and I need to be doing stuff always AND it needs to be done as quickly as I want it to be done! I hate to wait for anything! I hate to wait for the computer start and for things to open or send etc. etc. So- i know how you feel and wish I could help some how!! But in the mean time and while you are possibly waiting for a post to open-- I will entertain you with all of the weeks events concerning my Evelyn and her 14 day old sausages!!
Actually- I can no longer refer to them as sausages- As the ugly duck turns into a beautiful swan- and the caterpillar into the lovely butterfly- My 4 sausages have magically tranformed into... meatloafs-?? JK! (just kidding) ha-ha-!!
My 4 darlings are now actually kitten-ish looking! their eyes are opening and tummies are fat and their little ears are getting pointy!!
I posted some photos of them all- look and see when you get a second!!
Have a great day!!! I probaby should continue this on my saga page for everyone- I don't want to bore your ears only!!! JK-again!

Unread 07-21-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

Do you have a pop up blocker? That might help one of the problems. I also get frustrated when the pages load slowly. I actually scream at the screen in frustration. Not that it helps. Almost everytime I reply on a post the site gets stuck and I have to go back and refresh.
Unread 07-21-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

CamiDante is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrineA View Post
Do you have a pop up blocker? That might help one of the problems. I also get frustrated when the pages load slowly. I actually scream at the screen in frustration. Not that it helps. Almost everytime I reply on a post the site gets stuck and I have to go back and refresh.
I have pop-up blocker, it seems to work very well on every forum page EXCEPT this one! Very frustrating. I check my various forums (I'm a moderator on most) and this one, at times, is the worst as far as pop-ups and loading slowly.
Unread 07-21-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Yeah ... just like the weather .. so unpredictable -- and mostly bad weather !! But I must agree with Alex - just put up with it and enjoy what I can ..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 07-21-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thanks for letting me vent. Yes I have pop up blocker, and it works every where but here.

The thing is I have limited time I can spend on the internet, and as much as I love it here, all the troubles with the site can eat up all of my allotted time before I know it, and I won't even be halfway through what I want to read and respond to.

I hate to pick and choose, I feel like I am leaving someone out, letting someone down, if I decide to answer one post over another. But my cats need me in the evenings!

I also belong to other forums just as busy and I feel just as obligated to those, too. But they run fast and trouble free....

Ah well, I just wanted to vent. And maybe felt a need to explain why sometimes I'm here and sometimes I'm not.

Depends on my level of patience on any given day!

Last edited by acerlt; 07-21-2009 at 11:15 PM.
Unread 07-21-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Oh, by the way...there is another new problem, I am no longer getting my e mail notifications to subscribed threads. I have not changed that option, but it abruptly stopped about 5 days ago.

Unread 07-21-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

I think not only depends on the level of your patience, Acer, but also on the level of site's smoothness & speed of the day ! Me too sometimes feel discouraged... Sincerely hope that the admin will be able to fix it, so AT LEAST I don't have to keep refreshing the page before I finish reading/typing...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
annoyed , beautiful , boy , car , care , cartoon , cat , cats , changed , clean , color , computer , crazy , eyes , facebook , fast , fixed , found , free , friends , fun , games , girl , great , hey , home , hurt , internet , joy , kitten , loss , love , missing , morning , moving , person , photos , pictures , play , playing , print , problem , problems , sad , scared , scream , stop , suggestions , type

Sponsored Cat Links