It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-01-2009   #1 (permalink)
Mighty Joe

Default I want to travel, Meow!!!

Hello, My name is Mighty Joe I am a cat from Canada, and I really want to go with my beloved to Spain with her... I am 10 years old and we are inseperable! My beloved has given me all the shots and microship, I am ready to travel to Europe,,,, only, we are looking for a company that would take me to Spain from Canada. Anyone, knows about a reliable company????? Thanks so much to all cat lovers!!!!
Mighty Joe Godin

Last edited by Mighty Joe; 08-01-2009 at 05:25 PM. Reason: mistake

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-02-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

How lucky you are Mighty Joe, to be able to travel with your human meowmy, especially to Spain. How long will the trip be ? One week ? One month ? Don't forget to take pictures and share with us here !

Each airline company has its own regulations, so check the individual air carrier's rules before booking a flight for you. It is ideal if you can ride in the cabin of the airplane with her, make sure she will never leave you during the course of the trip. If you cannot travel in the cabin with her, you will ride in the baggage hold. Although this compartment is pressurized and the extremes of temperature are regulated, it is still a good idea to travel during the coolest part of the day in the summer--the early morning or late evening. Choose a non-stop flight and request that you be hand-carried to and from the plane. If possible, ask the airline if she can watch you being loaded and unloaded at the cargo hold.

Aaawww... I feel excited too !!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-02-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

CamiDante is on a distinguished road

I will have to look it up again, but I read a news article of some airlines allowing pets to travel in the cabins with their owners. I'll find it and post it for you!
Unread 08-02-2009   #4 (permalink)
Mighty Joe

Thanks for replying me and giving tips about traveling....Wow! you sound of a big lovely family!!! nice to me you all! Meow
Yeah, thats not my first trip, I have traveled to Mexico as well! It was easy to travel to Mexico, short and easy and cheap.... but to Spain, it's an other story! it's very expensive for both of us to travel together.....and not every air companies takes pets.... that's why we are looking for a company that would take me seperatly of my beloved and she would pick me up at airport in Spain.... I am a big boy and adventureous! My beloved is very worried and is looking for all possiblities to take me.....
She is moving to Spain for work, that's why it is so important that I go with her!!!!

Mighty Joe Godin

Unread 08-03-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Off to Spain !!

Hi ! Mighty Joe ! So you are moving to Spain .. how excited you must be ! Spain is very different from Canada ..hehe !!

Avoid peak travel times around holidays when air traffic is heaviest.
It is generally better not to have you tranquilized before flying. The combination of high altitude and limited oxygen is a challenge your body is better prepared to meet if you are not sedated.

These unique ideas on how to keep your cat safe while flying are published in the book, 277 Secrets Your Cat Wants You to Know by Paulette Cooper and Paul Noble. They are recommendations from Bud Brownhill of Anaheim, California, the chairman of DO-IT, a pet travel advisory organization. Please show this to your beloved meowmy !

* Talk to a supervisor when you get to the airport and tell him you have an extremely valuable pet in terms of dollars--even if it's a mixed breed. "Otherwise, some baggage handlers couldn't care if you were carrying a rock."
* Personalize your cat to the handlers. Put signs on the crate saying, "Hi! I am a Persian kitten. This is my first trip. Please handle my crate carefully."
* When you board a plane, tell the pilot that you have a cat in the hold worth a lot of money--even if it isn't. Also, tell them to make sure to turn on the heat and pressurization in the cargo compartment. "This is done from the cockpit and someone may have forgotten to give the pilot that information.." Cargo compartments can get as hot as 140 degrees, and intense cold can be just as damaging to your cat.
* Put large strips of red or orange fluorescent material all over the crate "so you can spot it halfway across the airport and your cat won't get mixed up with anything else." Put arrows or the words "Top" and "Live Animal" on top of the crate so your cat doesn't fly upside down.
* Put your home addresses and phone numbers, plus those of where you're going, inside and outside the crate, because many people won't reach into a kennel for fear of being scratched or bitten.
* Watch the ticket clerk attach the destination tags at the airport. "Make sure it says 'Detroit' if you're going there."
* Make certain your pet is loaded last, especially during extreme weather conditions. This may also ensure that he is taken off the plane first.
* Avoid flying at the busiest times, so your cat can get more personal attention.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 11-30-2009   #6 (permalink)
Kitten

lauryn tom is on a distinguished road

Are you looking for an airline that will allow you to take your cat in travel? I think most companies allow pets in their planes as long as they are contained in airline approved crates. They have standards on pet containment that must be followed in order for the cat to get on board

Unread 12-23-2010   #7 (permalink)
Newborn

cutiecatsy is on a distinguished road

this is exactly how my cats feel, they always want to go out!
Unread 12-24-2010   #8 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Blah
AuntKitty is on a distinguished road

My cat traveled with my on the plane. It was several years ago, so check first but: The airline said that only three pets per flight may fly in the cabin so you should RESERVE a spot on the plane. The crate must fit under the seat in front of you.

Mother of Magic, Midnight, Topaz and Emerald
There is nothing more beautiful than the sound of a purring kitty

Tags
animal , book , boy , breed , california , care , cat , cat lovers , cats , cold , family , heat , hey , home , kennel , kitten , lovers , lucky , meow , mixed breed , money , morning , moving , nice , persian , persian kitten , pet , pictures , secrets , stop , story , tips , travel , want to travel

Sponsored Cat Links