It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-06-2009   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

Shazzy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Shazzy
Question Bunnies + Guinea's

I have 3 cats and 2 hamsters and wanted to expand the family and get a rabbit (so cuddly and faithful) but im concerned with this set back;

I dont have grass in my front or back garden, but i live down the road from a huge, quiet field

Could i compensate that by walking my rabbit to the field and take with me his outdoor pen and supervise him? or do you think people would think i was a little doo-lally

what about guinea pigs? can they just live the majority of their life in a hutch or huge cage?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
$hAzZy

*~BeRt~* *~GrAcE~* *~JeZ~*
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-07-2009   #2 (permalink)
Newborn

lynie is on a distinguished road
Default hi there

i hope this helps, i have a rabbit at the moment and she enjoyes haveing a area to runn around but unlike you i do have a large grassed over part of my garden. the only thing she dont like is dosnt like the attention my cat gizmo goves her all the time
guinnie pigs arnt a gud point for me oever the past few years i have had five of them not all at the same time but non of them have lasted long but aslong as the cage is a good size i have heard they are ok to stay in the cage all the time.
i hope that helps
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-07-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

I don't know much about these pets, but I saw a neighbour taking her bunny for a walk. It made me feel a lot better about walking my cat, I must admit.

I wanted to have guinea pigs after I saw this: ikea hacker: welcome to the guinea pig palace
Unread 08-12-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
hallan is on a distinguished road

Hi Shazzy, I had guinea pigs as when I was younger, they make great pets. If they're handled properly from being a young age they are very affectionate and gentle. Mine lived to around 5 - 7 years of age (Lyn, I'm sorry you had bad experiences with them not living long). I would think that as long as you can let them have a run around somewhere to stretch their little legs on a daily basis the lack of a lawn won't be too much of an issue unlike rabbits who need a lot of exercise. Ours used to go out in a pen in the garden in summer and we'd let them have a scamper in the house during the winter. Had to watch them though as they'll try to eat anything! You'll need a big cage / hutch. Are you planning on keeping them inside? We had a outside hutch for summer & one in the garage for when it was really cold. Also, they are sociable little animals so I'd get two together to keep each other company. Two females would be best. Hope this helps.
Helen
Unread 09-25-2009   #5 (permalink)
Newborn

fluffball is on a distinguished road
Smile

my female cousin has guinea pigs while her brother has rabbits..
the rabbits are quite new that's why i don't know much about taking care of them....

the guinea pigs on the other hand, are great pets.. my female cousin has been taking care of guinea pigs since 2004.. they are loving and gentle creatures.. they need to have a pen/cage where they could run around so they won't get bored and lessen the chance of them becoming obese.. they can also have a play pen for them to just walk around (a.k.a floor time).. they can also be lap piggies and just stay on your lap while you watch tv or use the computer.. it's bonding time for you and your guinea pigs

i hope this would be able to help

Tags
affectionate , age , bunnies , care , cat , cats , cold , computer , family , female , great , hey , house , loving , outdoor , play

Sponsored Cat Links