It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-15-2009   #1 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Default Introducing......myself

Hey everyone. I have privacy issues, because of some trouble I encountered a few years ago, plus some other, current, stuff I don't want to go into just now. But.....I feel at home here now, so I'm going to come clean!

My name is Gail. I am 48 years old (49 in less than 2 months). I live in the Northern Catskill Mountains of New York State.

I work with special needs children and adults and I love it. I work with three girls, two of whom I've been working with for 13 years, and the other girl for 2 years.

While my work gives me the security of health care, sick time , a retirement plan, and work that gratifies, it does not pay enough to live on, so I have to work two jobs. For many years my second job was a Licensed Teaching Assistant in Special Education, but that doesn't pay much either. Now I clean private homes and one office building to make ends meet. Since I set my own fees, THAT pays enough!

What I like to do for fun is hike in my mountains. I have a friend and a sister for hiking partners. I also read a lot, and I like to build things.

No matter what I am doing though, in the back of my mind is always the thought "I can't wait to go home and play with the cats!"

I don't watch current TV, and I never did when I was younger either, so I rent old TV shows from Netflix: My Three Sons, The Partridge Family, All in the Family, Family Ties.......

I own the complete Friends set, and the first four seasons of Mary Tyler Moore, and That Girl.

Why am I telling you all that? Haha, got carried away for a minute.

Anyway, this is me!

Last edited by acerlt; 08-04-2014 at 12:42 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-15-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Default Now you!

HI, it's me again! I figured since I posted a little about myself and a picture, maybe the rest of you would too.

So this thread is to tell us about yourself, whatever you'd like to share, job, hobbies, whatever.

And a picture of yourself!

Who's next?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-15-2009   #3 (permalink)
Cool Cat

chooch is on a distinguished road
Default about me

hi gail, nice to see you, im jan i live in glasgow which is the biggest city in scotland, me and my husband have been together since we met at 14, so 30 years this year, we have 2 daughters ages 22 and 23 who live at home, i was a student nurse but dropped out for various reasons, my husband worked in the music industry for many years which was fun, but he has a heart condition and cannot work now, i like watching nature programmes, science fiction b movies, horror films, i enjoy walking, and goin for pub lunches with friends, i used to be a punk but i like all kinds of music. My dad brought home a kitten when i was twelve and my mum said i couldnt keep her but i did! that was my first cat monty and she lived at my mums till she died age 22, and she and my mum eventually became the best of friends! Here i am..
Unread 08-15-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Hi Jan! thanks for posting! I love the story of your first kitten! Nice picture too. You look like a kid, not a 44 year old with 2 adult daughters!
Unread 08-16-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

I've always wondered what your name was. This is a brilliant thread! I've always wondered what other users do and how they look like. This is a nice way for them to voluntarily introduce themselves, if they want to. You have a very giving job and to have two jobs, you must be a strong person
I love the pic of you and Tolly, it's so cute! I also love "Friends" hehe.

My turn:
My name is Ellen Katrine, but I go by the name Katrine by most of my friends, I prefer that name. I'm 23 years old and I'm half Filipino and half Norwegian. I was born and raised in Norway.

I study welfare. I also work part time at a nursing home, which is also very giving and I usually go home with a good feeling.

I live with my bf, Cris, who I've been with for 5 years and we've lived together for 3 years. So it's going good!
I also live with Anastasia Who is my favorite, but don't tell!

I love music- so many genres and artists (but in general, I prefer "happy" music, unless I have a bad day hehe), movies, net surfing, going for walks, coffee, talking/babbling, CATS, Maine Coons and humor.
I also have a shoe and bag obsession- but due to my income, I've put that aside, hehe.

I love life in general and all the opportunites that come with it, and I can't stand ignorance and arrogance.
I'd describe myself as a dork, I can also be shy at times.

My dream is to have a house with two floors and a nice basement. Also to have three cats in that house.

I don't like sharing my pic, as I'd rather show off Anastasia. But just this one time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Katrine.jpg (34.7 KB, 16 views)
Unread 08-16-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thanks for you reply, Katrine! What a beautiful young woman you are! I normally don't like sharing my picture either, but I'm trying to be less paranoid about myself, haha.

I used to do nursing home work, and like you, found it very gratifying, as far as feeling like I've done something useful.

I hope once you're out of school you can go back to indulging yourself with new shoes and handbags!

My "thing" is rugs, I love collecting unique throw rugs, but lately I've had to curtail this activity. One, it's expensive, and two, the cats just throw up on all of them anyway, LOL! Someday when I have a house with some wall space maybe I can collect them again and hang the more valuable ones on the wall.
Unread 08-16-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

Thank you, Gail I can see the future happening, I just have to hold on a few more years. The main reason I want a house, is because I want my three cats to have a lot of space to run up and down and around in

Those rugs can be quite expensive, yes. I hope you get to continue this hobby soon. It's fun having hobbies. I think I should get myself a new and less expensive hobby. Most people think this is funny, but I used to love puzzles, preferably with 1000-1500 pieces. But I'm not sure if Anastasia has the self control to stay off of the puzzle, hehe.
Unread 08-16-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
hallan is on a distinguished road

Gail, this a lovely idea! Jan you definately don't look old enough to have two grown up daughters! Katrine, I had to give up jigsaw puzzles as Ripley used to run off with the pieces in her mouth and hide them! I shall post something about myself as soon as I work out how to get a pic of myself on as I have none stored on my computer, like Katrine I prefer photos of my cats than ones of me (thanks for the challenge Gail, you know I'm useless with technology )!
Unread 08-16-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thanks for your replies!

It's kind of weird for me to be called Gail here, after hiding behind the username Acer for so long . Aaaccckkkk.... what have I done, LOL!

I'll get used to it!

Hallan were you able to understand my instructions about the signature?

Unread 08-16-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
hallan is on a distinguished road

I'm Helen. I'm from the UK, originally from Co. Durham but am now living in Warrington. I have been married to Richard who works as a chef for 3 years but we will have been together for 10 years next month. I worked in the licenced trade for years and am now working as an administrator for an engineering firm (not as rewarding as some of your jobs but it pays the bills!). I like reading, animals, crossword puzzles & cooking. Unlike Gail I watch far too much TV, I especially enjoy Coronation Street (a UK soap opera), drama (eg Spooks) and costume drama (Jane Austen, Charles Dickens adaptations,etc). I used to really enjoy drawing and really need to make time to start up again. Of course I also love my two cats, Ripley & Newt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s536887058_2418269_338007[1].jpg (3.9 KB, 12 views)

Tags
age , animal , another cat , baby , beautiful , behaviour , bills , birthday , boy , business , care , cat , cats , children , christmas , clean , computer , cool , crazy , dog , eating , family , fast , found , friendly , friends , games , girl , great , happy , health , hey , hiding , home , house , interesting , kennel , lost , love , mat , movies , new home , nice , night , persian , photos , picture , pictures , play , pregnancy , problems , profile , project , runt , scared , search , shelter , shoes , small , story , tale , training , travel , videos

Sponsored Cat Links