Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum

Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum (http://www.i-love-cats.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.i-love-cats.com/forums/off-topic/)
-   -   film "What dreams may come" (http://www.i-love-cats.com/forums/off-topic/55791-film-what-dreams-may-come.html)

xGayNicole1984x 06-19-2010 10:12 AM

film "What dreams may come"

Good afternoon from Germany,

I'd like to discuss about that film, if you watched it.
I saw in the film magazine that it will run on German tv again.

But I've to say I had to cry during and at the end of the film.

I hope to find people who also watched it.

Best wishes :-)

Nicole

mklprc 06-19-2010 12:31 PM

I did too. This movie was my late lady's favorite. I have watched it several times, but not for years. I have a copy; I should rewatch it. It's an amazingly beautiful film and Robin William's best.

I probably won't, though. I'm depressed enough at the impending eco-pocalypse. I'm glad my cats are old. I'm not sure they will go before the USA breaks down, though. 8'-(

A little more positive film that will also have you crying is "One From The Heart."

Michael

xGayNicole1984x 06-20-2010 12:40 PM

Hello Michael,
thank you for the answer. Why isn't the film positive "What dreams may come"?
And do you think it could really happen if our time was up?

I had to give my cat into heaven in summer 2003, because he was to old. Do you think he could make similiar experiences like in the film?

I'm so impressed of the film "what dreams may come". The film showed how nice death can be.
But is it real, suiciders come into hell, like his wife Annie?

Ok, I think it is science-fiction that you can reach the hell from heaven to "rescue" a person you love(d).
But the producers made a great film.

Best wishes! ;)

mklprc 06-20-2010 01:20 PM

I think the movie breaks down with the whole heaven/hell theme. In Oregon we have assisted suicide for the terminally ill, and my lady qualified. She didn't really believe in hell either, but that part of the movie had a negative impact. In the end, she did not take the drugs but died from the cancer in the hospital. Still, she felt better knowing she had the option.

This is where the mainstream religions do a world of bad. The only hell is here on Earth and it's one of our own making (especially now, with the potentially planet-killing Gulf disaster).

Aside from that part, the movie was a brilliant piece of work from an artist's view.

When I lost Blackus, my 19-year-old cat six months later it was worse. He had been with me through her death and my mother's, a year earlier. I guess he figured I was okay and he could go. Great cat.

MissAshley 06-23-2010 03:16 PM

I absolutely love this film; I think people underrate it a lot. It's so moving and incredible, I don't see how you couldn't like it.

I really enjoyed their visualization of hell, it was very Dante.

xGayNicole1984x 07-02-2010 04:09 PM

Hi MissAshley,

thank you for answering. When I watched the film last week, I detected some logical mistakes. They spoke from "time" in the afterworld. Some scenes before they told there is no time in the afterworld.

For instance, when Robin Williams went into hell to rescue his wife, the guide told him to stay no longer than 3 minutes at her place, otherwise he'll lost his mind.

What are 3 minutes in the afterworld when there is no time?

Or when Robin met his daughter, covered as Asian girl, the Asian girl told him she waited sooo long for him.

What is the definition for "so long" in the afterworld, if there was no time?

So, some logical mistakes in the theature. But it would be great if that is the "real afterworld".
It could be, but it also could be a quite other afterworld.

Best wishes!

get outa there sook 01-06-2011 09:36 PM

AMAZING MOVIE! makes my boyfriend cry every single time we watch it {along with the notebook hehehehe he would kill me if he kewi posted this}

TommyCat 01-27-2011 12:02 AM

Yeah that was a great movie. I thought it was going to be about Lucid dreaming. Kinda state of the art dream visuals. But of course, now there is Inception.

AK49BWL 01-27-2011 07:38 AM

I hear a lot of people talking trash about Inception (not here, elsewhere), but I actually thought it was a really good movie. Certainly put a lot of thought processes into my mind :D

xGayNicole1984x 02-05-2011 11:04 AM

Hello again,

thank you for the posts. But I'm a little bit afraid concerning death. I found a German website where they wrote 19% of people who came back to life, experienced the hell :-(
On that page they told some people saw the devil. They could say that because those people came back to life.

I'm afraid a little bit.

I think it is scary. Fortnight ago, an old neighbour died on cancer. I liked him and I'd like to know what he could experience in the afterworld.
My dad talked to him 2 days before dieying :-(

Best wishes from Germany.