It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-12-2010   #1 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road
Default Old forum friends.. Where have they gone?

There used to be so many regulars that I'd actually sometimes have a hard time keeping up with all the posts but .. Seems like some of my favorite posters have disappeared, some I remember who were here even before I started being a regular. Dunno, just something that crossed my mind randomly this evening so I decided to post it.

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-12-2010   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

One of the reasons I stopped coming in as much; you and I have discussed privately.

The other reason is because the site is so slow and quirky and the pop up ads drive me insane. I have a pop up blocker, but it does not appear to work on this site. I have been trying to come in more lately.

But honestly, when I log in and the first thing I get is a pop up, or I try to open a thread and get a hang time of over a minute, I just lose my patience.

Sometimes when I log in I am told my password is not recognized. I've never changed it, and other times it works just fine. Sometimes I click on a member's name under my friends, or in my visitor messages and get told there is no such member. Other times it takes me right to their profile.

It's so frustrating, I have limited time to spend in forums, and I hate wasting a lot of time with this kind of stuff.

I just tried to edit a post three times, and every time it came back as the same post without the edit. Actually I didn't think I was editing at all, I was trying to add an additional post to the thread, but it kept turning it into an edit. I have no idea how or why.

I do see other old friends on other boards now and then. This is a good friendly board, if it weren't for the slopokiness and annoying quirks.

Last edited by acerlt; 07-12-2010 at 06:32 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-13-2010   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Happy
pinkcar36 is on a distinguished road

sorry i have been a little busy last week. hubby took a week vacation from work, only to stay home and finish bulding his shed.

acerlt what browser are you using? we use firefox and i did not see pop ups when i come to this site.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-13-2010   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

I use firefox. I have tried switching to IE when coming here, but besides the fact that IE is a royal pain and slower than slow, it doesn't seem to make much difference, I've always had trouble with pop ups and other annoying quirks in this forum. Sometimes I have the patience for it, sometimes I don't.
Unread 07-13-2010   #5 (permalink)
Newborn

dont know if this will have anything to do with it but what os do you have? we use xp pro.

and my husband just bought a lap top with windows 7 and the only thing i hate about that so far are the cookie popups they are annoying!!!!
Unread 07-13-2010   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

I am using Vista. I do not have these problems in any other website, just ilovecats. I do like it here, a lot, but as I said do not always have the patience for it.

FWIW Brandon is an excellent mod and this is a friendly forum.
Unread 07-13-2010   #7 (permalink)
Newborn

yea i see what you mean. alittle while ago i hit the back button and got a pop up, had to exit out of the whole browser.
Unread 07-14-2010   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerlt View Post
I use firefox. I have tried switching to IE when coming here, but besides the fact that IE is a royal pain and slower than slow, it doesn't seem to make much difference, I've always had trouble with pop ups and other annoying quirks in this forum. Sometimes I have the patience for it, sometimes I don't.
For those of you that use Firefox, download Adblock.

Add the following sites to the block list:

*.kontera.com
*.fastclick.net
*.overture.com
*.exponential.com
*.5min.com
*.zedo.com

I've never gotten a single pop-up (or ad for that matter) from this place since I did that... About a year ago.

Then again, I also run quite the modified interface, LOL

For those who wish to see, click here. (1680x1050, 295kb)

Last edited by AK49BWL; 07-14-2010 at 08:11 PM.
Unread 07-14-2010   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Brandon, how much space does that adblock take up? I don't have much room on my lap top.

In fact just unstalled a bunch of stuff, because things were getting so slow. Namely skype and google earth.
Unread 07-14-2010   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

The extension takes up very little... 1MB at the most.

Tags
another cat , aww , cat , cats , changed , facebook , friendly , friends , girl , great , hey , home , kitten , links , love , mat , problems , queen , royal , vacation

Sponsored Cat Links