It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-20-2010   #11 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

I still have the PMs from when I first started trying out for it... And can remember the thread where I mentioned I finally was made mod.

Hmm, I also just discovered they changed the way the links work here, so the thread number is before the title in the URL...... Technical details, blah blah blah to most

But anyway, this thread, Thank you Moderator was made 7/25/2009. I wasn't on board as a moderator until exactly a month later. And it's still not set up right... I should be distinguishable as a moderator rather than looking like just any other member... Yet again, problems that need fixing that probably never will be fixed... And it's SO EASY! Reminds me of another forum I'm on.. It was a fantastic and well-kept site from 2001 to 2008, and it got sold to a corporation.. And you know what that means ... Let's just say the site is spiraling down a hell hole. Now this may not be exactly the case here, but the ending result is extremely similar. Ads exploding everywhere (a massive nuisance, put lightly), and site problems being left to accumulate and be forgotten, just as members are. I shudder to think what they'd try to charge for this place if I asked them to sell me just the forum... But things would most certainly be better off.

By the way. It looks like you need to add the following sites to your block list, if you have not already done so:

*.chango.ca
*.zedo.com
*.gumgum.com
*.exponential.com
*.5min.com
*.kontera.com
*.fastclick.com
*.overture.com

Hope that helps with the junk.

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-20-2010   #12 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Thanks Brandon.

PS I'm still getting the gumgum ads on pictures in this forum, even though it's in my filter about six times.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first

Last edited by acerlt; 11-20-2010 at 06:35 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 11-20-2010   #13 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

I wonder if it's legal for them to be advertising their content on our pictures without our consent, without justly compensating us for it. There's NOTHING in the TOS about it, and I don't think they have the right to be doing so. I'm gonna have a talk with the admins about this.

For the gumgum ads, usually I only have one entry for everything, and it covers the entire domain... *.gumgum.com usually manages to wipe everything out. I need to disable my other blocker and find out.

TESTED! Add the following line to your AdBlock preferences, and delete the others:: *.gumgum.com
Unread 11-21-2010   #14 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Blah
AuntKitty is on a distinguished road

Stupid pop-ups!!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mother of Magic, Midnight, Topaz and Emerald
There is nothing more beautiful than the sound of a purring kitty
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 11-21-2010   #15 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
hallan is on a distinguished road

I would just like to say that I am really not happy about the ads that are appearing on the bottom of people's photos. I was looking at a picture Gail posted and suddenly an ad came up and Tolly and Queen Eva were completely obscured by it.
I understand that in order for this forum to be free for us all to use the owners have to generate advertising revenue but I think that allowing ads to ruin the photos we share on here is out of order.

Tags
box , cats , changed , computer , fixed , free , happy , hey , image , legal , links , love , night , photos , picture , pictures , problem , problems , profile , queen

Sponsored Cat Links