It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-19-2010   #1 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down pop ups-again

Well I see the forum has added a whole slew of new pop up ads, good grief.

It took me a while to figure out how to add them to my popup blocker, because most of them do not have the little box that says "block" on them, tricky aren't they?

They are even showing up on pictures people post!

Right click on them and your menu will come up and you can add them to your list.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-19-2010   #2 (permalink)
Cool Cat

chooch is on a distinguished road

gail do you know how to edit stuff on your profile? I accidently hid my photo albums on the profile page and cant figure out how to get it back!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 11-19-2010   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chooch View Post
gail do you know how to edit stuff on your profile? I accidently hid my photo albums on the profile page and cant figure out how to get it back!
Click on the album and find "edit album". Click on "edit album" and scroll down to the bottom, under "description" where you will see the "private" and "public" options.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 11-19-2010   #4 (permalink)
Cool Cat

thanks gail, tried that but no luck, it says my albums are public but you cant see them on my profile, you have to go to statistics and view albums that way, whereas before you could see the album cover pic on the profile, i noticed that your albums arent visible on profile page now either, is it maybe a new system?.
Unread 11-19-2010   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chooch View Post
thanks gail, tried that but no luck, it says my albums are public but you cant see them on my profile, you have to go to statistics and view albums that way, whereas before you could see the album cover pic on the profile, i noticed that your albums arent visible on profile page now either, is it maybe a new system?.
Jan, I had no trouble viewing your albums on your profile. I did so just a little while ago, and left a visitors comment. Mine are still there too, at least from my computer. Are you sure you are looking in the right place?

Perhaps you are looking at User Control Panel (User CP) instead of your profile?

Wait, you said you couldn't see mine either. Well I don't know then, because I can see both yours and mine just fine.

Try logging out of the forum and logging back in. that sometimes will cure any glitches. Make sure you remember your password before you log out.

please read this first
Unread 11-19-2010   #6 (permalink)
Cool Cat

hi again gail, oh i know you can go to your profile and find albums under statistics, but the other night where it says albums on the right hand side, (where the album covers used to be) theres a kind of drop down arrows thingys and i pressed it and it hid the album covers and now cant see them on profile, so it has a heading that says albums with nothing under it, its probably just me, if you can see them thats fine!
Unread 11-19-2010   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

I've never used the statistics feature to find albums.

I can go to your profile right now, and your albums are visible to me on the right side, immediately. I'm looking right at them, right now.

But you said you can't see mine either, on my profile?

<edit>Oh dear....I clicked on the arrow thing on the albums on your profile, and yep, they disappeared, (and mine did too!) and there doesn't seem to be anyway to bring them back. Hmmm

let me mess around a bit.

I've PMd the moderator, so see if he can enlist admin to fix this. It is clearly a software glitch so I don't think Brandon will be able to fix it.

I want to see people's albums when I visit their profile pages!

Fortunately, anyone else visiting our profiles, as long as they don't click those arrows, will continue to be able to see our albums in our profile, but still, this is very annoying!

please read this first

Last edited by acerlt; 11-19-2010 at 06:53 PM. Reason: to add
Unread 11-19-2010   #8 (permalink)
Cool Cat

oh no, now the two of us cant see our albums, lol, well at least other people can see them, hope we get ours back!
Unread 11-19-2010   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

It's a server problem.. The image that should pop up in place of the up arrow does not exist on the server, therefore cannot be displayed. And I can see that, obviously, the admins give more of a damn about revenues than the site's problems, OR the site's members. I could very quickly get this site back on track the right way if they'd make me an admin, but what are the chances of that
Unread 11-19-2010   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerlt View Post
Well I see the forum has added a whole slew of new pop up ads, good grief.

It took me a while to figure out how to add them to my popup blocker, because most of them do not have the little box that says "block" on them, tricky aren't they?

They are even showing up on pictures people post!

Right click on them and your menu will come up and you can add them to your list.

Humph. I thought I had blocking those new pop ups figured out, but now these instructions I just posted are not working. What the heck did I do before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK49BWL View Post
It's a server problem.. The image that should pop up in place of the up arrow does not exist on the server, therefore cannot be displayed. And I can see that, obviously, the admins give more of a damn about revenues than the site's problems, OR the site's members. I could very quickly get this site back on track the right way if they'd make me an admin, but what are the chances of that
Well let's see...how long did it take for us to get you made a moderator? I know I wrote to admin a couple of times about it....

please read this first

Tags
box , cats , changed , computer , fixed , free , happy , hey , image , legal , links , love , night , photos , picture , pictures , problem , problems , profile , queen

Sponsored Cat Links