It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-26-2010   #1 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road
Default See the Forum in a New Way! (Pics Within)

Viewing this forum on a daily basis was starting to drive me nuts, what with its pink and white colors, the squished layout, the massive header... When most of the other forums I frequent have a darker forum skin and full-screen viewing, without a ton of clutter. So I did something about it :D

If you want to know more, the process is quite involved, so I'll write it out here in case anyone else is interested in getting the same layout/colors. Because the admins feel it's unnecessary to have extra skins, it's not possible to just change it via the forum interface... You need add-on software.

The first thing you will need is Firefox, for one.. Then the "GreaseMonkey" addon. From there, things are pretty simple... AFTER you have Greasemonkey installed, you can install this directly: http://bwlinalaska.homeip.net/other/...r-dark.user.js

At the moment, I've only got two different themes set up... The one in the picture above, and this one:

If you want that set of colors, install this file: http://bwlinalaska.homeip.net/other/...r-blue.user.js

OR, say you just want the forum's default theme, but with the widened and de-cluttered layout?

Install this one: http://bwlinalaska.homeip.net/other/...ttheme.user.js

IF YOU INSTALL MORE THAN ONE!! Make sure you have only one of them selected at a time, or one will override the others... Basically making the first one that loads, the ONLY one that loads. You can select and unselect them by finding the little monkey icon in the bar at the bottom right side of Firefox, and right-clicking on him.... Then de-select the ones you don't want to use.

Lastly, I guarantee everything mentioned in this post to be perfectly harmless to any computer... And it's easy to uninstall all of it if you don't find it to be worth having. Basically, all this does is replaces the stylesheet of the forum with one that I created (by copying the original and inserting my own colors). I know for certain it works on Firefox, as I've been using it for the past year now. There is also a version of Greasemonkey out for Chrome, but I do not know if the methods to install everything are the same or not.... And as far as I'm aware, there is no such way to do ANY of this with Internet Explorer. So sorry to those of you...

So feel free to leave comments, questions, maybe even theme requests? (Not too many tho, haha), and I'll certainly be around to answer everyone.

Last edited by AK49BWL; 11-26-2010 at 11:56 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
alaska , computer , free , internet , picture

Sponsored Cat Links