Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum

Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum (http://www.i-love-cats.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.i-love-cats.com/forums/off-topic/)
-   -   Received Real Bad News (http://www.i-love-cats.com/forums/off-topic/56282-received-real-bad-news.html)

Hawki 12-29-2010 04:31 AM

Received Real Bad News

Hi Everyone,
I know I am new here but I'd like to ask if everyone could send good vibes and or prayers for my grandson David.
For the past month he has been tested for the cause of low blood platelets. Every other test has been negative. He went into the hospital yesterday to undergo a bone marrow test procedure...they are testing him for lukemia...We will know the results either today or tomorrow.
He will be 13 years old in 3 weeks.
If you could put him in your prayers I would be grateful.
Thank you all,
Butch

AK49BWL 12-29-2010 05:03 AM

Will keep him in my thoughts, hope everything turns out well!

acerlt 12-29-2010 09:26 AM

Prayers for your beloved grandson David. xxx

Hawki 12-29-2010 11:13 AM

GOOD News

We just heard from the hospital....David does NOT have anything wrong with his bone marrow. No leukemia, his red cell, platelett count in the marrow is good.:D:);)
They are going to continue to monitor his blood, apparently it was could have been some kind of virus (ITP virus?) and his blood values are slowly getting back to normal.
We have been on a roller coaster of emotions over the last 2 days regarding this situation. It didn't help that I also had to work 26 hours in the past 48.
Considering the news we got, I cannot think of a better way to start off the New Year.
I thank everyone who had David in their thoughts and prayers and I truely wish Everyone a Safe, Prosperous and Happy New Year!!!

PS. We will be shopping in the area of the Shelter thisafternoon...I am going to see if we can visit/chwck on Mistletoe.

Thanks Again
Butch

StuffAboutCats 12-29-2010 01:25 PM

That's so great! I wish him the best in recovery from the virus.

supersmithy 12-29-2010 03:12 PM

I'm so glad to read your good news and I hope David continues to make progress :). Also hope Mistletoe is getting better and you can bring her home again.

AuntKitty 12-30-2010 07:43 PM

What great news about your grandson!!!! Did you get to see Mistletoe?

Hawki 12-30-2010 08:56 PM

Unfortunately, we got tied up a bit and didn't have time to get to the Shelter in time. I am hoping to get down there or contact them this Saturday...hopefully she is mended/well enough to come home.
Our grandson has some kind of syndrome/virus that may call for monitoring his blood levels and possibly getting treated with steroids, I didn't get a chance to talk to his mother yet. I'm not real happy with him possibly needing steroids BUT his situation/condition is a heck of alot better than having leukemia.

J.J. 12-31-2010 05:48 AM

Sorry for my late reply but, I'm so glad to hear that he's O.K. ... May God help him in all times:)

acerlt 12-31-2010 02:44 PM

Thanks for the update on David. I hope they can narrow the problem down. While steroids aren't an ideal thing to need to live on, like you say, at least leukemia has been ruled out.