It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-07-2011   #21 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Blah
AuntKitty is on a distinguished road

Hi. My name is Ann. I am 53 years young. I used to belong to the Appalachian Mountain Club and go hiking alot and bike riding alot, but unfortunately, I kind of stopped. I love to go to the beach and to the pool in the summer and swim, especially the beach, and walk along the water's edge. I live a few blocks from the New York City borderline. I am a carpenter, and I love to work with my hands. I'm also really good at spackling and painting. I was married for a short time, but my husband left when my son was a baby. He said he was going to the store for cigarettes--instead he went to Florida. My son is now 18. I have owned a couple of cats in the past, but I was not a real "ca person" until a little more than a year ago when I adopted Mr. Midnight and then a few days later, Magic. I started REALLY becoming a cat lady ever since. I recently adopted two 13-year-old cats from the shelter--Topaz and his sister, Emerald. I also started feeding and caring for ferals near my job and making winter cat shelters for them. Just like a mother of young kids house is filled with toys, my house has been filling up with all kinds of scratching posts, cat trees, cat perches, and cat toys--and cats!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mother of Magic, Midnight, Topaz and Emerald
There is nothing more beautiful than the sound of a purring kitty
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AuntKitty For This Useful Post:

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-07-2011   #22 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Chatty
vanakin is on a distinguished road

Hi Ann, Im Terri and it sounds like you have been thru alot also. Your kitties sound fun and your place sounds like my place. I look around sometimes and it feels like Petsmart. They funny thing is that my cats love to play with straws. Sometimes I will look at them and its so cute to see brundy my oldest playing like a kitten.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-07-2011   #23 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

My apartment also is arranged and designed first and foremost for the cats' comfort and amusement! Great minds think alike, that's us!

Terri, Queen Eva and Mazy like straws too. Ootay (rb 5/09) always did but then I forgot about them until Queen Eva came along this August. When she began teething, I had expressed concern about her chewing in another forum, and was given the tip to give her bendy straws, and it was a success.

Queen Eva likes the pink straws. She ignores other colors. Mazy likes the yellow straws. Cats aren't supposed to be able to see much color, but I've noticed most cats I've ever had have definite color preferences.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 05-02-2011   #24 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Sick
Missy is on a distinguished road

hi im hayley, im 22 years old, love reading, dancing, cars, utes (for those who dont know what a ute is, its kind of like a pick up truck just smaller. I have a dog, a cat and a kitten, live at home on my own, engaged but my fiance comes to stay quite a lot

i am a preservice teacher for primary education (grades 1-7). my cat is the boss of the house, however my kitten is learning quick how to pull on my heart strings, the dog is just a big teddy, biggest sook ever, i used to own mice and he would just let them climb all up and down his back and lie down to sleep lol
Unread 05-02-2011   #25 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Hi Hayley, welcome to the forum!

please read this first
Unread 05-03-2011   #26 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cool
kskat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerlt View Post
And I wish more who came in with problems would come back and let us know how things went and are going.
That is a huge pet peeve of mine! Don't they understand how emotionally involved we get after hearing about an issue and trying to help with it. I'm just a mama bear that puts her heart out to any animal in need!!
I am 53 today. I have 6 horses, 2 dogs, 15 cats and one cranky old goat. All of the cats and dogs and 3 of the horses were rescues.
I even got to help a Great Horned Owl that was in my yard! He was out in the day time and wasn't able to get around well at all. I got all the cats in that I could and found a lady with experience and a cage to get him and take him to a raptor rehab. I've got some cool pics on my camera but need help with how to post them.

The Following User Says Thank You to kskat For This Useful Post:
Unread 05-03-2011   #27 (permalink)
Cool Cat

chooch is on a distinguished road

happy birthday kscat, and well done for helping all those animals!
Unread 05-03-2011   #28 (permalink)
Cool Cat

My Mood: Worried
alleygata is on a distinguished road

HAPPY BIRTHDAY kskat!!!!

Unread 05-03-2011   #29 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kskat View Post
That is a huge pet peeve of mine! Don't they understand how emotionally involved we get after hearing about an issue and trying to help with it. I'm just a mama bear that puts her heart out to any animal in need!!
I am 53 today. I have 6 horses, 2 dogs, 15 cats and one cranky old goat. All of the cats and dogs and 3 of the horses were rescues.
I even got to help a Great Horned Owl that was in my yard! He was out in the day time and wasn't able to get around well at all. I got all the cats in that I could and found a lady with experience and a cage to get him and take him to a raptor rehab. I've got some cool pics on my camera but need help with how to post them.

Happy Birthday to you! I'd give you some dancing bananas to help you celebrate (my favorite smiley) but we don't have them here so you will have to imagine them.

I'm pretty sure Brandon has posted a tutorial on posting pics somewhere around here.....

How to Post Pictures! A Guide for the Forum Kittens

please read this first

Last edited by acerlt; 05-03-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Unread 05-04-2011   #30 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Happy
Miss Majestic is on a distinguished road

Hi, I'm Mary I'm 37 yrs old I live in Ontario, I have three children two girls one boy they age from 20 to 15, and yes I'm married. My two girls are special needs children so most of my day is busy containing to them.

I like to play on the computer,listen to music go out to and hang with my friends and most of all I love animals of all sorts, So this is what I do in my spare time when I am not containing to my girls.

Tags
animal , apartment , beds , birds , black , box , boy , cat , cat toys , cats , changed , christmas , color , computer , cut , dogs , drawing , eyes , fast , friendly , fun , fur , furniture , guide , happy , home , interesting , internet , joy , lost , love , missing , mobile phone , nice , person , photos , pictures , play , playing , problems , real estate , shelter , small , smart , story , stress , struggle , tale , toys , type , vacation , vet , video , window

Sponsored Cat Links